Davec
January 19, 2021, 10:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
Whoahhh slow down. Some people have absolutely no idea.

The role of the Chief Executive Officer in a small club like ours is very hands on. Don’t think for a minute that it’s sort of top business role with an army of staff doing all of the donkey work. Let me assure you that there is no ivory towerism when it comes to being CEO at GTFC. No posh office, in fact it’s merely a desk in the main office with the rest of the staff, where the CEO can see and hear everything that takes place daily, and get involved with all sorts of tasks.

As CEO’s goes, Ian is top notch. A great person who works incredibly hard for our club every day.

Thank you Ian for your self recommendation.

You may go back to writing more books about Bond, and a maybe a sequel to Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 64
Fillipe Noche
January 19, 2021, 10:17pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Try reading what people have written Phil.

Try reading what I wrote “some people”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 64
KingstonMariner
January 19, 2021, 10:17pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I don’t think it is IF Aaron. To talk about yourself in the third person you have to be a megalomaniac.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 64
lew chaterleys lover
January 19, 2021, 10:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,651
Gold Stars: 234

The role of the Chief Executive Officer in a small club like ours is very hands on. Don’t think for a minute that it’s sort of top business role with an army of staff doing all of the donkey work. Let me assure you that there is no ivory towerism when it comes to being CEO at GTFC. No posh office, in fact it’s merely a desk in the main office with the rest of the staff, where the CEO can see and hear everything that takes place daily, and get involved with all sorts of tasks.

As CEO’s goes, Ian is top notch. A great person who works incredibly hard for our club every day.

You really don't get it at all do you?

All you can see is a club run the same way, decade in decade out.

New people will run the club in a professional, organised and structured way to get away from this little town mentality that your mate has.

I think you are going to be absolutely amazed at the difference a bit of vision and investment will make.

Your lot thought a new Fentydome would end all your problems; all it would have done is take your outdated and penny-pinching ways to another venue with all the same faults.
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 64
MuddyWaters
January 19, 2021, 10:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235

That says it all.

A chief executive of a PLC sitting in the main office is bonkers. He should be in an office on his own cracking on with work that is more important than what goes on in a general office. All that does is perpetuate the truth that is that Ian Fleming is just Fenty’s lapdog stooge overseeing the shambles.
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 64
HertsGTFC
January 19, 2021, 10:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,876
Gold Stars: 227

I don’t know Ian and I’m sure he’s a good guy and hard working and has great resilience as he’s worked for the current board for so long.

As you state there’s a lot to do, even more as this club needs dragging into the 21st century all be it 20 odd years too late.

I wouldn’t want the new owners Involved day by day that’s been half the problem with the Fenty autocracy.

People like Ian should be retained but someone coming in at the helm who has managed change previously with success is essential.

Don’t under estimate how difficult managing change will be in an environment like GTFC, that is something if done badly could be a disaster and needs real experience.

Once the current board have moved on there is a massive job to do at this football club and more resource and expertise is required to do that.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 64
DB
January 19, 2021, 11:32pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,972
Gold Stars: 386
It would still be nice to see or hear what the agenda is going to be.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 64
KingstonMariner
January 19, 2021, 11:35pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Spot on Herts.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 64
Fillipe Noche
January 20, 2021, 10:03am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from MuddyWaters

That says it all.

A chief executive of a PLC sitting in the main office is bonkers. He should be in an office on his own cracking on with work that is more important than what goes on in a general office. All that does is perpetuate the truth that is that Ian Fleming is just Fenty’s lapdog stooge overseeing the shambles.

Why are you under some sort of disillusion, that just because the legal entity of the business is a PLC, that this means it has to be some kind of grandiose looking and operating environment like an Alan Sugar set up.

Being a PLC means naff all apart from the legal standing and ownership structure. I can set you up a tiny little PLC in an hour if you want one.

The point I’m making is that the club is what it is. From a hands on day to day executive business management point of view, extremely well run by Ian Fleming.

If you want to bring in a different CEO, then he or she needs to be as equally as willing to get their hands dirty every day with pretty ordinary running of a football business. No amount of investment, changing ownership, or even getting into the Championship is ever going to change the role and responsibility of what a CEO does at a small football club business.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 64
essexexile
January 20, 2021, 10:23am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +185
Gold Stars: 1
Hands on day to day clerking is all that is required to keep a business ticking over which is why we are where we are bottom of the league
We haven’t had executive management decisions to propel the club forward in the last 20 years which is why we are bottom of the league
Which is why we are a small business ie corner shop not even a Tesco Express and never likely to be one unless attitudes change and people with em
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 64
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Mark Palmer

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.