Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Is it Pearson???
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 292 Guests

Is it Pearson???

This thread currently has 9,512 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
rancido
January 17, 2021, 12:57pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,533
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from aldi_01

There’s a distinct difference for me in wanting Podge, Bogle and Summerfield back...all three have shown they can do it in the football league with the right coaching.

We thought summerfield was bottom, probably because he replaced Nolan who’s arguably the best midfielder we’ve had for donkeys years.

Pearson, hard worker, decent bloke and loyal but in truth not a football league player. Remember when he got caught out on the half way line at BP and literally looked like he was running in treacle with no idea how to solve the issue? He didn’t play as often as we think in that final non league season either.

For all the waxing lyrical fans did of Pearson, when he was released or allowed to move (can’t remember which) he ended up in non league...didn’t see many FLnteams queuing up for him sadly...

Slade allowed Pearson  to leave because he wanted to bring in Donkey Clarke. Pearson went to Wrexham because they offered him a deal and he could also earn money away from the club. There are quite a lot of non-league players who earn more than league players by being part-time and having other jobs. I seem to recall that when Keith Alexander came here he actually took a small drop in wages because he wanted to be a full time professional footballer under Buckley.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 49
Azimuth
January 17, 2021, 2:32pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +691
Gold Stars: 60
Quoted from Bigdog

I'm so pleased we're not a fan run club. Our zimmer frame budget would be massive..

I quite liked the Justin Whittle, Rob Jones pairing at the back, any chance of us signing them?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 49
Les Brechin
January 17, 2021, 6:13pm

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,693
Gold Stars: 174
Isn't he currently out injured?

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 49
January 17, 2021, 6:21pm
Guest User
Quoted from WOZOFGRIMSBY
Pearson?

Why don’t we get Gary Birtles, Steve Sherwood and Tony Rees back as well

And how about Bob Crosby too?

Reply: 43 - 49
forza ivano
January 17, 2021, 7:00pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from 123614

And how about Bob Crosby too?

wonder where that pat Glover is - he's got the sort of goalscoring record we could use right now
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 49
DB
January 17, 2021, 7:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,975
Gold Stars: 386
I've got a Zimmer frame if they need one

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 49
diehardmariner
January 18, 2021, 10:40am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,428
Gold Stars: 532
Bloody hell, reading this thread you would think we've got a world beating defence.

Pearson had his limitations but he would walk into our back line at any point since he left.   Yeah, there are quicker and better defenders on the ball (although I actually think he was better than a lot gave him credit for with the ball at his feet), but not in our team there isn't.

I don't think our defensive priority should be a Shaun Pearson, it should be someone with a bit of pace.  Both Waterfall and Pollock are very much from the Pearson school of defending, Pollock probably a bit more of a footballer but his lack of pace exposes him badly (especially alongside the equally slow Waterfall).    But I think Pearson is exactly the type of individual Hurst would want in his dressing room.
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 49
January 19, 2021, 1:41pm
Guest User
The answer my friend is written in the wind and its a big NO.
Reply: 47 - 49
KingstonMariner
January 19, 2021, 7:35pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
I thought it was blowing in the wind.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 49
Eastendmariner
January 19, 2021, 7:40pm
Mariners Trust Life Member
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +8 / -5
Approval: +940
Gold Stars: 22
Russell Slade said as much at that infamous fans forum when a supporter asked why Shaun Pearson was allowed to leave and Slade remarked that Pearson has had to drop into the national League to get games.

oh yes Russell Slade that great tactician of modern football Team wrecker

Mariner Trust Life Member  

Seen the Mariners win AWAY at 70 league Grounds

Grounds Visited 281[img][/img]

Blundell Park a Training ground for bum ref's
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 49
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Is it Pearson???

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.