Reply: 10 - 31
Mikey_345
January 18, 2021, 11:02am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +11 / -1
Approval: +5,272
Gold Stars: 95
It appears they are in more trouble than ourselves. They need strengthening but Swann on record re no funds. Hopefully three points to take us above them on Saturday!

All Town aren’t we

@GTFCLondon

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 31
marinerdazza
January 18, 2021, 11:58am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.87
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +4,593
Gold Stars: 80
All I'll say is that I think it'll make the Southend game look like Man U v Bayern Munich
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 31
Gaffer58
January 18, 2021, 12:00pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,034
Gold Stars: 31
If they are in that much trouble, can I suggest we do a crowd fund for them, I have just been to toilet and knocked out the biggest turd I’ve ever seen, I will willingly donate it!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 31
Norseman
January 18, 2021, 1:14pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +263
Gold Stars: 48
I hope posters are correct .But does anyone think scunny or any other team are in a worse position than us .Yes we are not bottom yet but with southends recent form we will be .

2 Weeks into the transfer window and 1 player signed when teams all around us in league 2 are signing players and quality players looking at them .

Hurst sort of admitting it may not happen as he is finding it difficult to secure players

I
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 31
promotion plaice
January 21, 2021, 10:09am

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,954
Gold Stars: 189

Ollie Yates to referee the local derby:

https://www.scunthorpe-united......sby-town-home-clash/

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 31
pontoonlew
January 21, 2021, 10:13am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,721
Gold Stars: 163
Quoted from Norseman
I hope posters are correct .But does anyone think scunny or any other team are in a worse position than us .Yes we are not bottom yet but with southends recent form we will be .

2 Weeks into the transfer window and 1 player signed when teams all around us in league 2 are signing players and quality players looking at them .

Hurst sort of admitting it may not happen as he is finding it difficult to secure players

I

Our seeming inability to attract players is concerning, Hurst said he needed 8 players, meaning we need 1 per working day from now until the window shuts. On top of that we’ve 3 teams around us to play in a week, whilst still relying on Matt Green.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 31
ginnywings
January 21, 2021, 10:46am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Quoted from pontoonlew

Our seeming inability to attract players is concerning, Hurst said he needed 8 players, meaning we need 1 per working day from now until the window shuts. On top of that we’ve 3 teams around us to play in a week, whilst still relying on Matt Green.

Doesn't matter how many times you say we need new players- if they aren't available to us for whatever reason, then there is not a lot Hurst can do about it. I'm sure he's trying his best to find them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 31
pontoonlew
January 21, 2021, 11:03am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,721
Gold Stars: 163
Quoted from ginnywings

Doesn't matter how many times you say we need new players- if they aren't available to us for whatever reason, then there is not a lot Hurst can do about it. I'm sure he's trying his best to find them.

I've no doubt he's trying his best. At the end of the window the reasoning of 'we didn't sign a striker because we didn't find one' never has and never will wash imo.

I'm very hopeful we do, but we're in a grave situation if we don't.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 31
Norseman
January 21, 2021, 1:08pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +263
Gold Stars: 48
Quoted from Norseman

I

Are the 6 who red crossed this doing so because they dont like the comment .If its that you disagree please let us know why .So we can debate it rather than just red crossing

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 31
4 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.