Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Southend (H) Match Thread
Users Browsing Forum
AdSense, Googlebot and 361 Guests

Southend (H) Match Thread

This thread currently has 35,024 views. Print
24 Pages Prev ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 All Recommend Thread
ginnywings
January 16, 2021, 6:06pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 538
Few players today making first starts for a while which doesn't help. Morais and Rose would have played had they been fit, and hopefully both will be back for next week, with a couple of new players thrown into the mix.

If you look at Barrow 5 games ago, they had 13 points and had won 2 all season. They now have 23 points, and have won 3 and drawn 1 of their last 5. Southend and Stevenage have also had upturns in the last 5 or 6 games and have climbed the form table. Mansfield have picked up massively as well once their new manager got to grips with things.  I'm sure we will have a more productive run soon, just as others have.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 230 - 233
DB
January 16, 2021, 6:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.54
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,872
Gold Stars: 383
Quoted from ginnywings
Few players today making first starts for a while which doesn't help. Morais and Rose would have played had they been fit, and hopefully both will be back for next week, with a couple of new players thrown into the mix.

If you look at Barrow 5 games ago, they had 13 points and had won 2 all season. They now have 23 points, and have won 3 and drawn 1 of their last 5. Southend and Stevenage have also had upturns in the last 5 or 6 games and have climbed the form table. Mansfield have picked up massively as well once their new manager got to grips with things.  I'm sure we will have a more productive run soon, just as others have.

Couldn't agree more I'm sure Hursty will do the trick. Today wasn't brilliant but at least a point and clean sheet.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 231 - 233
LocalLadGTFC
January 17, 2021, 1:38am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +3,642
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from RonMariner
If a team as bad a Southend apparently are can pile up wins and get near the top of the form league, it shows what dross the division is.

If we can bring in four or five proper footballers then we should be able to go on a decent run. We need them soon though.

Having said that, with Hanson, Wright, Scannell and Morais available for selection next week we probably have a good chance of beating the Scunts even without new arrivals. I'd rather we didn't have to though.  

Exactly this, i've been saying this all season, the division this year is absolutely terrible. The only team I was genuinely impressed with was Tranmere and that was us gifting them the game.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 232 - 233
FishOutOfWater
January 18, 2021, 4:27pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

Exactly this, i've been saying this all season, the division this year is absolutely terrible. The only team I was genuinely impressed with was Tranmere and that was us gifting them the game.

Yeah if only they hadn't changed their system, I understand we'd have given them a game...  
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 233 - 233
24 Pages Prev ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Southend (H) Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.