DB
February 5, 2021, 1:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.54
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,879
Gold Stars: 383
Quoted from Sandford1981

Jarmo isn’t building up our hopes up DB it’s the fact the consortium is willing to do the 2 things you’ve listed.
Being without the so called fan Fenty is enough to get most of us excited. Even if we stood still we’d be better off than with him. I’ve heard it said these guys cud be worse. How? We’re heading to the abyss AGAIN through the consistent and abject failure achieved under fenty’s watch.
I’ve said it before but I’ll repeat it, they give us hope and optimism rather than the shite we’ve been accustomed to. That’s enough for me right now.

I agree with you I'm all for hope and optimism. I just hope that when the takeover announcement is confirmed we are told what we can look forward to. I'm not keen on being a mushroom.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 151
Fillipe Noche
February 5, 2021, 2:04pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.63
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Cannot believe some of the negativity on here about the takeover

At least when I was getting pelters, I was only asking some genuine questions about the takeover, like a devils advocate so to speak. Questions I look forward to getting the answers to once the takeover is completed, assuming it will of course.

Come on negatives, ack it in. Fingers crossed that the deal goes through, that there’s a smooth transition, and that fortunes on the pitch start looking brighter soon
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 151
Jarmo.Is.God
February 5, 2021, 2:09pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,051
Gold Stars: 86
Quoted from DB

Jarmo you made the statement not me. If it's rumour say it's a rumour.

The only reason I can think of as to why 3 wealthy business want to invest in anything is a return on money.

You then make another statement :-

It's public knowledge that they have plans for the club, and the town as well

The ONLY thing they have made public is :-

They wish to buy Fent'y shares and pay off his loans.
Their preference for a new stadium is the docks

So what are the other plans YOU say are in the public domain? Have they applied for planning permission for any development?

At the end of the day you are the one making statements of what WILL happen as if the information is based on facts. If your info is not fact based then say so, If it's an opinion say so, if it's a rumour say so. Stop misleading fans and building up hopes.

And here's a scoop for you. A majority of people on the site are, like you, aware of me so If I win £100millions on the lottery I will buy Town. That is a statement and is as ambiguous as your falso info.

It's hardly a statement that i've made....

Just simply said i would be more optimistic with the new guys in charge than Fenty & co.

Hardly here to pretend to have knowledge, and give out false hopes.
If i wanted to give out false hopes, and pretend to have any knowledge, i would of said; the future plans they have are great for the club etc etc...

Our current owner single handedly tore one our of best teams apart within weeks of our best day for many many years.

I think it's obvious why so many are optimistic...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 151
DB
February 5, 2021, 2:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from MarshMariner

I would have thought it would be unprofessional and bad business etiquette to say what you are going to do with someone's else is business before you actually own it...

I didn't know the word etiquette was used in business anymore. Anyhow I like most on this site are under the firm Impression that GTFC LTD has been run into the ground. Any assets from 16 years ago have been severely stripped along with the failure to invest in the business model.

Whilst the name has remained the business has underperformed on a grand scale from its heyday. Thankfully fans and those who privately invested and became shareholders have helped the business to survive the depths of NL.  I could go on. ( Yes shareholders I have praised you and deservedly so)

I cannot see anything unprofessional in saying that we've come to the rescue and wish to  do ABC - XYZ or whatever.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 151
MarinerMal
February 5, 2021, 2:20pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +7 / -5
Approval: +784
Gold Stars: 17
I  knew, Jason Stockwood from school years ago. I was in the year above him and used to hang around with this brother and stayed at their house on occasion as we were growing up in the early to mid 80's. He and his brothers were brought by his mother as a single parent who obviously did a great job of bringing them up.

From what I remember of him, he was always a bundle of energy, always on the move and always seem to have a smile on his face. He was good at sports and a pretty decent footballer too.

I guess, what I am trying to say is I think he will only have the clubs best interest at heart and won't shy away from the hard work that will be needed to get the club were it needs to be to be competitive again. He is a local lad who has got to were he has through hard work and positivity. Two things the club desperately need.

You can never be sure what the future holds but I believe, if my memory of Jason is correct (and he became the man the 13/14 year boy promised to be), we will be in much better hands than we have been for the last 15 years or so.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 151
DB
February 5, 2021, 2:23pm
Barley Wine Drinker
It good to here about his Grimsby background and the 'boys' done well, very well. I sincerely hope he carries on in the same vein for the mariners.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 151
diehardmariner
February 5, 2021, 2:25pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,093
Gold Stars: 520
Quoted from DB

Stop losing you patience with me Diehard. I asked a question on a post from Jarmo as I was under the impression from his post that he knew something nobody else did. His posting was similar to that of yesterdays post about the take over happening in the next few days.

I have NEVER questioned the resources or business acumen of the consortium members, so why are you making out I did. Find one post where I have praised Fenty, so why imply I am a Fenty sympathiser.

You quote :- Responsible for developing Simply Business, Jason sets the challenge for defying the insurance company stereotype. From technology and data science to customer experience and people engagement, Jason has spearheaded our mission to create something better..

Is 'something better' for Simply Business, for another joint enterprise they have, for their GT project or something else.

Jarmo said But these 3 have future plans
, so my simple question is What are the plans?
It's a very fair question to ask given the statement from Jarmo. So you ask Jarmo the same question, he's the one making the statements.

No loss of patience from me. I was merely asking for patience towards the expectation of the new owners, especially considering how long the current regime have plodded along with limited scrutiny.

No insinuation that you're questioning their acumen, resources nor am I suggesting you're either pro/anti-Fenty.  

My comments were highlighting the work that Stockwood has done previously and his business ethics.  There's no reason to believe this won't be carried on with GTFC.  

At this stage I don't personally feel anyone would benefit from a meaningless statement of their intent for the club.  There may well be a time and a place for that, but it's not now.  The focus of the club should be on survival this season and then a full review of the current state of play before deciding on any short and long term plans.
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 151
Sandford1981
February 5, 2021, 2:25pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,074
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from DB

I agree with you I'm all for hope and optimism. I just hope that when the takeover announcement is confirmed we are told what we can look forward to. I'm not keen on being a mushroom.

Yeah a fair point. I think we’ve all had enough of being kept in the dark and fed on Shiite . My hope is that the prospective news owners under promise and over deliver.

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 151
Northbank Mariner
February 5, 2021, 2:38pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,391
Gold Stars: 170
Quoted from DB

I haven't read where somebody has said anything different about them so what's your point. GTFC is a business and in most takeovers somebody says something about what they want/intend to do. At present the term 3 brass monkeys come to mind!

Oh p!ss off DB, you are trying to be controversial for controversial sake!..realist had a dig about 3 men, who are willing to buy this sh!tshow of a club.
Right at the outset of saying Head of Terns had been agreed all parties agreed no further statements would be issued until the transaction of burning Fentys shares and paying back his debts were concluded. That's pretty much where we are, so take a back seat and wait, we will all find out what SS&P have planned for the club in due course.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 151
February 5, 2021, 3:16pm
Guest User
I hope these 3 guys don't join the Fishy, but if they do, I also hope they are thick skinned enough to read between the lines..
Reply: 99 - 151
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Takeover Update

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.