Cricklewoodmariner
February 5, 2021, 1:22pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +1 / -1
Approval: +322
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from realist
We could have change, to a worse ownership. What if their only interest is to aid their regeneration money making? All we know about them is that they contain tyre kickers, family butchers, and a guy who peddles positivity. Do they know anything about owning a football team, I fear not?

[img]https://media1.tenor.com/images/3d1a9bf37c30ac6cc9f34f80c4f00802/tenor.gif?itemid=4474547[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 151
marinerjase
February 5, 2021, 1:31pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +31 / -1
Approval: +2,608
Gold Stars: 146
The mindset of a few on here is bewildering...

The failure to acknowledge, understand, comprehend that the actions of the current owner and board have run the club into the ground, driven it backwards, in and off the pitch whilst on the way soured reputation of club together with relationship with fans, media and other clubs like n general.

I for one can’t wait until they go - not just JF but those around him.

The consortium might have ambitions, motives in and around the town - in a positive way - who knows? They might have ambitions of getting this once heralded small club on the East coast back on its feet , and recognised again - in a positive way, they might end up disappointing- who knows??

But one thing they are is very much needed.

‘I just f*cking threw myself at it’

Mani D 23 May 2022
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 151
Mighty_Mariner
February 5, 2021, 1:33pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from realist
We could have change, to a worse ownership. What if their only interest is to aid their regeneration money making? All we know about them is that they contain tyre kickers, family butchers, and a guy who peddles positivity. Do they know anything about owning a football team, I fear not?

Do John Fenty, Philip Day and Stephen Marley know anything about running a football club? I KNOW not!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 151
DB
February 5, 2021, 1:34pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.55
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,880
Gold Stars: 383
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

They are all very successful business men, GTFC is a business...end of!..

I haven't read where somebody has said anything different about them so what's your point. GTFC is a business and in most takeovers somebody says something about what they want/intend to do. At present the term 3 brass monkeys come to mind!

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 151
RichMariner
February 5, 2021, 1:36pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.50
Rep Score: +42 / -4
Approval: +9,109
Gold Stars: 204
Even if you don't see what they're promising to do with the club, all you have to do is look at their history and track records.

You'll find they are mostly, if not entirely, successful businessmen who believe in the power of people and communities.

You don't have to dig far to find that these are decent people with decent values.

That's enough for me. Big plans or no plans, this consortium is far more open and ethical than our current board.

"Don't shine that light in my face, mate - I've just lost a pint of blood."
Logged Offline
Site Private Message
Reply: 84 - 151
Mighty_Mariner
February 5, 2021, 1:37pm
Pontoonite
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Rep Score: +42 / -9
Approval: +2,237
Gold Stars: 10
Quoted from DB

I haven't read where somebody has said anything different about them so what's your point. GTFC is a business and in most takeovers somebody says something about what they want/intend to do. At present the term 3 brass monkeys come to mind!

I'd check posts above by Realist who questions whether Shutes, Stockwood and Pettit know anything out running a football club.

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old, Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn, At the going down of the sun, and in the morning, We WILL remember them"
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 151
DB
February 5, 2021, 1:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from RichMariner
Even if you don't see what they're promising to do with the club, all you have to do is look at their history and track records.

You'll find they are mostly, if not entirely, successful businessmen who believe in the power of people and communities.

You don't have to dig far to find that these are decent people with decent values.

That's enough for me. Big plans or no plans, this consortium is far more open and ethical than our current board.

I appreciate your rose coloured glasses but apart from wanting to buy Fenty out and a preference for a docks stadium (made months ago) what else have they been open bout?

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 151
Sandford1981
February 5, 2021, 1:45pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +11 / 0
Approval: +2,074
Gold Stars: 59
Quoted from DB

The ONLY thing they have made public is :-

They wish to buy Fent'y shares and pay off his loans.
Their preference for a new stadium is the docks

...Stop misleading fans and building up hopes.

Jarmo isn’t building up our hopes up DB it’s the fact the consortium is willing to do the 2 things you’ve listed.
Being without the so called fan Fenty is enough to get most of us excited. Even if we stood still we’d be better off than with him. I’ve heard it said these guys cud be worse. How? We’re heading to the abyss AGAIN through the consistent and abject failure achieved under fenty’s watch.
I’ve said it before but I’ll repeat it, they give us hope and optimism rather than the shite we’ve been accustomed to. That’s enough for me right now.

“I know writers who use subtext and they’re all cowards.” –Garth Marenghi
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 151
DB
February 5, 2021, 1:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Mighty_Mariner

I'd check posts above by Realist who questions whether Shutes, Stockwood and Pettit know anything out running a football club.

I believe my post was timed earlier.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 151
MarshMariner
February 5, 2021, 1:47pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +471
Gold Stars: 2
Quoted from DB

I would have thought it would be unprofessional and bad business etiquette to say what you are going to do with someone's else is business before you actually own it...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 151
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Takeover Update

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.