16 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Iknowyoursecret
February 5, 2021, 10:01pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.08
Rep Score: +0 / -3
Approval: -34
Gold Stars: 2
Why is the club making comments on a sale of Fenty’s shares they should be impartial not predudiced.The club should have nothing to do with the sale of his shares,who’s going to pay the legal fees for the sale THE CLUB or mr Fenty.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 140 - 151
AussieMariner
February 5, 2021, 11:19pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.34
Rep Score: +13 / -4
Approval: +2,073
Gold Stars: 31
Quoted from DB

Nothing new really. Does anybody have any idea how much longer it's just dragging on and on

Nothing new?
FFS
Due diligence was the one stage where the whole thing could have gone t1ts up
Due diligence completed means that the consortium have discovered no reason not to proceed
I know you’re the authority on fat ladies DB but I can assure that this news means we’re a lot closer to this particular one singing
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 141 - 151
DB
February 5, 2021, 11:31pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.55
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,871
Gold Stars: 383
Quoted from AussieMariner

Nothing new?
FFS
Due diligence was the one stage where the whole thing could have gone t1ts up
Due diligence completed means that the consortium have discovered no reason not to proceed
I know you’re the authority on fat ladies DB but I can assure that this news means we’re a lot closer to this particular one singing

Hope this explains it for you, taken from a later post

Quoted from Kris2

Not sure what people were expecting. The only reason they had to release this non update is because people kept demanding to know what's going on and speculating. They don't have to update us about every boring phase of this takeover, it'll take however long it takes. There is no time frame on these sorts of things and putting one on it will only lead to more speculation if there are delays in completing everything.

Thank you Kris. I only wondered if someone knew of timescales from any other previous taker overs.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 142 - 151
Northbank Mariner
February 6, 2021, 11:21am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,390
Gold Stars: 170
https://twitter.com/JamieFin_/status/1357746331767431168?s=19

Latest from Jason Stockwood, it's on the way but won't be next week..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 143 - 151
KingstonMariner
February 6, 2021, 11:27am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from DB

Hope this explains it for you, taken from a later post

Quoted from Kris2

Not sure what people were expecting. The only reason they had to release this non update is because people kept demanding to know what's going on and speculating. They don't have to update us about every boring phase of this takeover, it'll take however long it takes. There is no time frame on these sorts of things and putting one on it will only lead to more speculation if there are delays in completing everything.

Thank you Kris. I only wondered if someone knew of timescales from any other previous taker overs.

It’s been said several times on this board that takeovers of this kind take several weeks. There can be no precise timetable - as you pointed out in another post DB, many different things can occur during contract negotiations, due diligence (by the buyer about the company they’re buying), due diligence by the League, transfer of funds etc.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 144 - 151
Bigdog
February 6, 2021, 11:49am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.14
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
After patiently waiting ten years for concrete positive news on new stadium plans at Great Coates, five years for positive news re Peaks Parkway, three years for Philip Day's plans to make us a Championship club and six months and counting for the club to announce the signing of Luke Spokes, I'm sure we can wait a day or two longer for the incoming owners' plans..

Can't wait for the wannabe football club owners to become actual football club owners and the tyrekickers no longer having to kick tyres. Then GTFC will no longer be kicked around like an old tyre as it has been for the past sixteen years and the spineless gobshite wannabe football manager/director will finally be able to see what a well run football club actually looks like..

Not expecting too much too soon, EFL survival takes precedence and plenty of work to do to repair our beaten up old club, but I've got a feeling we're going to see the beginnings of a new golden era for GTFC..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 145 - 151
realist
February 6, 2021, 12:12pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,689
Gold Stars: 41
Quoted from LocalLadGTFC

Do you own multiple million pound companies and run the day to day duties of those companies? Thought not, probably sit in your mums spare box room touching yourself over being edgy and getting red crosses on the fishy. Everything they've done points to them being pro active, maybe you've seen too many TV programs and think you know how business negotiations work but in the real world, they take a long time and the fact it's been a couple years since they first approached for a take over and have been publicly slandered in the media by the current owner of the football club, watched the current owner of the football club enter negotiations with a convicted fraudster and watched the on field events be even more embarrassing than the off field antics they are still paying 2 million pounds of there money to take us over. Now please be a ' realist ' and take your fenty tinted glasses off which i'd assume are brown in color because your nose is so far up his behind and look at the real picture.

Oh dear, this really shows how the school closures are affecting pupils, although I expect you were near to the bottom of the class anyway.

If you had taken the trouble to read any of my posts thoroughly, you would know I am Fentys number one enemy, although the few big word would have confused you. I would love to be in my mothers box room but unfortunately she passed some time ago.  Although not owning a company I am a director of one and am at work running it today. Since midnight we have made 1.7 million pounds gross. Not bad for a masturbating mummies boy.  I am nothing but fair though, if you can give me five examples of how the three amigos have been proactive, then I will happy to admit that I am wrong.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 146 - 151
DB
February 6, 2021, 12:28pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.55
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,871
Gold Stars: 383
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
https://twitter.com/JamieFin_/status/1357746331767431168?s=19

Latest from Jason Stockwood, it's on the way but won't be next week..

Thank you Northbank  for a bit of info, so hopefully the week after.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 147 - 151
Northbank Mariner
February 6, 2021, 12:33pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,390
Gold Stars: 170
Quoted from DB

Thank you Northbank  for a bit of info, so hopefully the week after.

It's not like Stockwood to comment on these sort of things on Twitter so I'm expecting things to happen before the end of the month at the very latest, fingers crossed it's before then...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 148 - 151
moosey_club
February 6, 2021, 12:39pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,144
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from Kris2

So we can add "the takeover negotiations" to the long list of things the Fishy is in control of ? 🤣

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 149 - 151
16 Pages Prev ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.