Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Takeover Update
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 142 Guests

Takeover Update

This thread currently has 25,803 views. Print
16 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
DB
February 5, 2021, 5:35pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,968
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

Pooh, touchy little petal aren't you!..what's up DB,, red cross brigade getting to you?..face the fact you keeping beating the wrong drum!...

Well Northbank a lesson in the reality of  Law of Contract.

A contract is drawn up with terms and conditions to be met. The most basic of which is that goods are handed over in return for cash. If the final cash payments, for whatever reason are not paid then the deal is off. Any deposits may be forfeited depending upon the terms and conditions.

This is contract law so lets look at the Town take over and problems which may or may not happen, and information we know. You cannot second guess anything only the facts you know.

We know JF wants to sell and that the consortium will be his buyer. What would happen if JF on his way to give his signature for the sale has a car accident and is hospitalised. He would not be in a condition to sign and could be infirmed for weeks if not months if any injury was serious. Unless he has made a proxy then the deal would have to be suspended.

The consortium have cash in place to make the deal and then realise that it won't go through for months. They are business men and want a return and cash in the bank does not earn interest. Thank you very much they say keep our deposit were moving on to another project, or as you are unable to sign we want our money back and the contract is null and void.

JF dies before he signs the contract. Would the above outcome apply or would the executers of his estate have a different point of view and not want to sell! If the sale is not stipulated in a will then they don't.

So what about the consortium and if 1/2 of them were to meet with a premature death. Where would that leave the sale. Executers without express instructions could have different views on a will. What happens on the day of purchase if for any reason their funds don't come through, hitch from a lender, other business deal not completed on time.

What happens if their city friends hear a whisper a better deal is in the offering elsewhere to make more money and easily cover their Town losses. What happens if the development grants for the area are delayed, will they still want to continue. I can think of the excuses now for backing out.

So when I question their plan for town it is with the above in mind. The only and only fact we have is that they want to and have agreed to but JF's shares. End of.
Whatever else I, you or any other fans say is merely wishful thinking.

Yes they are good business men and their success has proved it. That said and because the deal has not yet been done some form of information from them would be very much appreciated. JF cannot  back down from the deal so any information from the consortium would not affect the deal with him.

As I said before it's a contract and until signed and paid for it doesn't exist.

The only thing that does exist is our wish list what all of us want, new owners, successful team, new stadium and prosperity for the club. My opinion, your opinion, whispers and rumours only raise our hopes and we've had plenty. Backbiting, name calling is not going to improve the current situation or the club. I like rumours as much as the next but ultimately hopes have to be based on facts.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 151
BobbyCummingsTackle
February 5, 2021, 5:36pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,163
Gold Stars: 290
Quoted from DB

I didn't know the word etiquette was used in business anymore. Anyhow I like most on this site are under the firm Impression that GTFC LTD has been run into the ground. Any assets from 16 years ago have been severely stripped along with the failure to invest in the business model.

Whilst the name has remained the business has underperformed on a grand scale from its heyday. Thankfully fans and those who privately invested and became shareholders have helped the business to survive the depths of NL.  I could go on. ( Yes shareholders I have praised you and deservedly so)

I cannot see anything unprofessional in saying that we've come to the rescue and wish to  do ABC - XYZ or whatever.

You're grasp of business is a little shaky..

Fenty has done many things wrong but he hasn't stripped assets. Stripping assets is selling off 'items' that are saleable and profiting from those sales. He has run the assets into the ground or under invested in them (BP, the training ground etc) and he has drawn an income from the club at times when it could ill afford it but he hasn't stripped assets.

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 151
Northbank Mariner
February 5, 2021, 5:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,440
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from DB

Well Northbank a lesson in the reality of  Law of Contract.

A contract is drawn up with terms and conditions to be met. The most basic of which is that goods are handed over in return for cash. If the final cash payments, for whatever reason are not paid then the deal is off. Any deposits may be forfeited depending upon the terms and conditions.

This is contract law so lets look at the Town take over and problems which may or may not happen, and information we know. You cannot second guess anything only the facts you know.

We know JF wants to sell and that the consortium will be his buyer. What would happen if JF on his way to give his signature for the sale has a car accident and is hospitalised. He would not be in a condition to sign and could be infirmed for weeks if not months if any injury was serious. Unless he has made a proxy then the deal would have to be suspended.

The consortium have cash in place to make the deal and then realise that it won't go through for months. They are business men and want a return and cash in the bank does not earn interest. Thank you very much they say keep our deposit were moving on to another project, or as you are unable to sign we want our money back and the contract is null and void.

JF dies before he signs the contract. Would the above outcome apply or would the executers of his estate have a different point of view and not want to sell! If the sale is not stipulated in a will then they don't.

So what about the consortium and if 1/2 of them were to meet with a premature death. Where would that leave the sale. Executers without express instructions could have different views on a will. What happens on the day of purchase if for any reason their funds don't come through, hitch from a lender, other business deal not completed on time.

What happens if their city friends hear a whisper a better deal is in the offering elsewhere to make more money and easily cover their Town losses. What happens if the development grants for the area are delayed, will they still want to continue. I can think of the excuses now for backing out.

So when I question their plan for town it is with the above in mind. The only and only fact we have is that they want to and have agreed to but JF's shares. End of.
Whatever else I, you or any other fans say is merely wishful thinking.

Yes they are good business men and their success has proved it. That said and because the deal has not yet been done some form of information from them would be very much appreciated. JF cannot  back down from the deal so any information from the consortium would not affect the deal with him.

As I said before it's a contract and until signed and paid for it doesn't exist.

The only thing that does exist is our wish list what all of us want, new owners, successful team, new stadium and prosperity for the club. My opinion, your opinion, whispers and rumours only raise our hopes and we've had plenty. Backbiting, name calling is not going to improve the current situation or the club. I like rumours as much as the next but ultimately hopes have to be based on facts.

You're like a dog with a bone and eventually they drop them!..look at ginnys post...that ends the conversation I'm afraid.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 151
DB
February 5, 2021, 5:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker

You're grasp of business is a little shaky..

Fenty has done many things wrong but he hasn't stripped assets. Stripping assets is selling off 'items' that are saleable and profiting from those sales. He has run the assets into the ground or under invested in them (BP, the training ground etc) and he has drawn an income from the club at times when it could ill afford it but he hasn't stripped assets.

I believe we had a team in the championship of championship standard, the ASSETS. We ultimately ended up with a team in the NL, NL standard. The assets were the quality players which were replaced with NL standard player, which were further reduced in standard by oloway.

Which bit of asset don't you understand. Players are called an asset to the club.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 151
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
February 5, 2021, 5:45pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,805
Gold Stars: 552
Quoted from DB

I believe we had a team in the championship of championship standard, the ASSETS. We ultimately ended up with a team in the NL, NL standard. The assets were the quality players which were replaced with NL standard player, which were further reduced in standard by oloway.

Which bit of asset don't you understand. Players are called an asset to the club.

Players are not company assets.

The contracts are capitalised as intangible assets and amortised (written-off) over the length of the contract
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 151
DB
February 5, 2021, 5:45pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

You're like a dog with a bone and eventually they drop them!..look at ginnys post...that ends the conversation I'm afraid.

If you cannot or will not accept facts that's your problem, not mine.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 151
DB
February 5, 2021, 5:49pm
Barley Wine Drinker

Players are not company assets.

The contracts are capitalised as intangible assets and amortised (written-off) over the length of the contract

Technically you may be right. Players are also bought or sold just like anything else a company owns, and can be sold for profit. Call them what you like it's still money made.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 151
Northbank Mariner
February 5, 2021, 5:55pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,440
Gold Stars: 171
Quoted from DB

If you cannot or will not accept facts that's your problem, not mine.

No, the problem is you....you are barking up a tree a dog wouldn't p!ss up...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 151
Fillipe Noche
February 5, 2021, 5:57pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
This discussion thread is priceless

The acquisition of John’s shares hasn’t even completed yet and you lot are truly unbelievable.

The term “barrack room lawyers” comes to mind

😂😂😂😂
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 151
LocalLadGTFC
February 5, 2021, 5:58pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.36
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +3,904
Gold Stars: 129
Quoted from realist

I think you are a bigger tosspot. verything you have argued in their favour is pure conjecture or wrong. Respect for fans? rubbish. He is a fan of the club - so am I but I know nothing about running a football club. Getting the job done? So they sat around doing nothing after Fenty snubbed them and it was only the reaction of the fans/trust that got them bag negotiation. Hardly a pro active business team

Do you own multiple million pound companies and run the day to day duties of those companies? Thought not, probably sit in your mums spare box room touching yourself over being edgy and getting red crosses on the fishy. Everything they've done points to them being pro active, maybe you've seen too many TV programs and think you know how business negotiations work but in the real world, they take a long time and the fact it's been a couple years since they first approached for a take over and have been publicly slandered in the media by the current owner of the football club, watched the current owner of the football club enter negotiations with a convicted fraudster and watched the on field events be even more embarrassing than the off field antics they are still paying 2 million pounds of there money to take us over. Now please be a ' realist ' and take your fenty tinted glasses off which i'd assume are brown in color because your nose is so far up his behind and look at the real picture.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 119 - 151
16 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Takeover Update

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.