Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What say!
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 350 Guests

What say!

This thread currently has 3,397 views. Print
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Azimuth
January 15, 2021, 7:13pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 58
Nope, historicaĺy Hursts teams win by fine margins for the most part, we dont have the players to nick a goal or defend a narrow lead.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 22
HarrogateMariner
January 15, 2021, 8:46pm
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +461
Gold Stars: 21
I'm not going to say I don't think we need any new players, we do, especially up front and at centre back. However I do believe Hurst can improve some of our players with proper training and direction. Let's be honest do we genuinely think the players understood a word of what Runaway said? In my opinion at some stage whilst playing for us Mckeown,  Hendrie, Pollock, Waterfall, Hewitt, Clifton, Wright and Gibson have all played well for decent runs of games. I think these are good players who with the right coaching and importantly confidence back can be good players. That gives us a base. Then we have the youngsters. If there is one positive to come out the shambles of the past few seasons is Woods and co are producing some good talent. I just hope Hurst doesn't ignore it- he doesn't have a great record of using it but I feel it should be part of the job now for whoever is manager to look to give youth a chance. Maybe now is not the right time,but would Adlard play any worse if picked tomorrow than others have done the last few weeks? We have tried all other current options so is it worth a go?
What I am saying is yes we need some new players, but I don't think some of what we have is a lost cause.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 22
Les Brechin
January 15, 2021, 8:56pm

Posts Per Day: 4.19
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,644
Gold Stars: 168
Quoted from MuddyWaters

He’s already admitted that he’s missed some targets.

Have we been playing darts again?  

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 22
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › What say!

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.