16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
January 15, 2021, 1:04am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,824
Gold Stars: 553
Our majority shareholder getting a driving ban for various offences, including speeding, and then using his position as Ward councillor to claim, “there is no appetite at all among locals for a speed limit reduction along Humberston Avenue”.

Instead of worrying about road safety, NE Lincs Council should “focus more on things like the grass verges”.  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 153
Kris2
January 15, 2021, 2:06am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.65
Rep Score: +16 / -18
Approval: +2,634
Gold Stars: 136
Summoning fans to "meetings" where they bring print outs of things they said on a fans forum and bully them into an apology or worse, threatening legal action against the forums to get their own way. I can't think of another club where this has happened.
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 153
January 15, 2021, 3:03am
Guest User
Quoted from Mariner_09
This is genuinely the most depressing, upsetting, and miserable thread I've read I think. Some stand out for me.

1. THAT Fans' forum! The whole "you lose trust, Matt" exchange plus the JF sycophants in the audience. I think that sticks out as a low point as far as PR is concerned.
2. Closely following that is just the run-up to the sale, Day's defense of May, just conducting sale negotiations in public summed it all up.
3. The Holloway era. The terrible, shocking, unforgivable recruitment, the darts saga. I'm getting angry just writing it out.
4. In terms of football that day at Halifax away stands out for me. Fans chanting "Hursty is a w****r, the whole sage surrounded the alleged racist abuse at Toto after FT. Yes, we had some bad footballing days, Burton, Chasetown, Braintree, Hartlepool, Oldham but in terms of the overall toxicity that stands out for me.

We are a bit of a basketcase it has to be said. No wonder nobody wants to sign for us!

I'm looking at the thread rather differently...this is good therapy for us all. We need to get over JF's regime somehow. (PTSD)

There's a book waiting to be written, perhaps entitled 'The Tinpot Tyrant's Tantrums' . Fun reading for fans of other clubs...
Reply: 92 - 153
KingstonMariner
January 15, 2021, 4:08am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Kris2
Summoning fans to "meetings" where they bring print outs of things they said on a fans forum and bully them into an apology or worse, threatening legal action against the forums to get their own way. I can't think of another club where this has happened.

If anyone gets summoned again, they can print this thread, pop it in his lap and say ‘I rest my case, meeting over.’

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 153
GollyGTFC
January 15, 2021, 6:40am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,977
Gold Stars: 356
Our majority shareholder getting a driving ban for various offences, including speeding, and then using his position as Ward councillor to claim, “there is no appetite at all among locals for a speed limit reduction along Humberston Avenue”.

Instead of worrying about road safety, NE Lincs Council should “focus more on things like the grass verges”.  

I think my dad has told the story on here himself but...

When Fenty got banned from driving (2005ish?) he still used to walk around the stands before a match rather than across the pitch. The game after his driving ban he was walking down the front of the Pontoon.

He was walking towards my dad. My dad held his hand out to Fenty like he was going to shake his hand and said “hello, Mr Fenty”. When Fenty extended his hand out to shake my dads hand my dad just placed a concealed taxi business card into his hand and said something along the lines of “I thought you might need this”.

Still the funniest thing I’ve ever witnessed my dad do.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 94 - 153
Les Brechin
January 15, 2021, 8:00am

Posts Per Day: 4.18
Rep Score: +114 / -24
Approval: +12,699
Gold Stars: 174
THAT day at Burton.

Firstly the performance of the team on the pitch. I know we would have gone down even if we'd won but the majority of the players played like they couldn't give a toss.

Then the actions of our so-called "fans" after the game. I was certainly embarrassed to be a Town fan that day.

Also shoutouts for Chasetown and the 5-0 at Braintree.  Thankfully I wasn't at Braintree that night as that was the day I had my main brain tumour op. I thought I was still under the anesthetic when I heard the score the next morning.

[img]https://news.images.itv.com/image/file/402260/image_update_img.jpg[/img]
OFFICIAL FUNDRAISER FOR THE BRAIN TUMOUR CHARITY
TOTAL AMOUNT RAISED SINCE AUGUST 2008 £16613.24

LATEST DONATION - FROM DONATION FROM THE FISHY FORUM - AUG 2023 AMOUNT RAISED £170.00

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 153
Mallyner
January 15, 2021, 8:02am
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +2,515
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from KingstonMariner

The name is definitely Slavic in origin. But her dad/grandad might have stayed after the war.

I once heard that JF had complained that his wife took a week to hoover the lounge. So, either he has a massive lounge or she is a Slovak.  

Supporting Town for 65 years.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 153
Davec
January 15, 2021, 8:02am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from Kris2

He summoned me once but I never turned up, he then sent me an email after my non attendance and said he would have to take it further.

This was in 2017 and I still haven't heard anything
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 153
Abdul19
January 15, 2021, 8:13am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,541
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from GollyGTFC

I think my dad has told the story on here himself but...

When Fenty got banned from driving (2005ish?) he still used to walk around the stands before a match rather than across the pitch. The game after his driving ban he was walking down the front of the Pontoon.

He was walking towards my dad. My dad held his hand out to Fenty like he was going to shake his hand and said “hello, Mr Fenty”. When Fenty extended his hand out to shake my dads hand my dad just placed a concealed taxi business card into his hand and said something along the lines of “I thought you might need this”.

Still the funniest thing I’ve ever witnessed my dad do.

When John tried that trick he gave a paper cut to a man from Nestlé.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 153
Abdul19
January 15, 2021, 8:14am

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,541
Gold Stars: 215
Quoted from ginnywings
The catering at BP, despite being known as Food Town.

JF walking past the Pontoon eating a burger.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 153
16 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Most Embarrassing GTFC Moments

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.