16 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
January 15, 2021, 2:54pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.89
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,784
Gold Stars: 548
Rumour has it that, such was the despair around the club in the initial days of Fenty’s reign, it ruined lives, the turtle neck market and at least one Mariner marriage.

I often wonder whether, without Fenty, Stacy and Steph Coldicott would still be together, still breaking boundaries as the ultimate Midlands power couple.

Instead we are left with nothing but bittersweet memories, legal bills and grainy recordings of Steph Coldicott on Big Brother 4.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 130 - 153
BobbyCummingsTackle
January 15, 2021, 4:14pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.52
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +6,987
Gold Stars: 283
Rumour has it that, such was the despair around the club in the initial days of Fenty’s reign, it ruined lives, the turtle neck market and at least one Mariner marriage.

I often wonder whether, without Fenty, Stacy and Steph Coldicott would still be together, still breaking boundaries as the ultimate Midlands power couple.

Instead we are left with nothing but bittersweet memories, legal bills and grainy recordings of Steph Coldicott on Big Brother 4.

I want a pint of what you're drinking  

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 131 - 153
Bristol Mariner
January 15, 2021, 4:21pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79

I want a pint of what you're drinking  

snap, must be brewed by monks

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 132 - 153
lew chaterleys lover
January 15, 2021, 5:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,545
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from Azimuth
This is one of the most entertaining threads I have ever read on the fishy, if you didnt laugh you would cry or worse.
What happened with "the orange" ?

I believe it refers to when we beat (a full strength) Tottenham. In the scenes in the dressing room after the game he screamed: "don't forget the orange" or some such. It was like the embarrassing uncle at the Christmas party who completely misreads the situation.

I remember me and the kids laughing out loud when it happened as it was so out of context.
Private Message
Reply: 133 - 153
Limerick Mariner
January 15, 2021, 6:22pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.55
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,553
Gold Stars: 131
Signing Scott McGarvey
Scott McGarvey threatening the lower Findus terrace
Mike Lyons, Bobby Roberts and Mike Newell.
Having to consult google maps to find out where our opponents are from

Most embarrassing moment for me is not seeing through Ian Holloway earlier. Going to work in Nottingham after Burton and being asked if I could turn violent...

Some games I attended:-
Losing to Gateshead in the Cup in the mid-70s (as a child I was spoilt by Lawrie Mc's team).
Losing to Halifax in the Cup one freezing night
Taking my 3 children to see us lose 4-1 at Rushden in the conference (I didn't go to Braintree).

Other games - losing to a team where football is minority sport - Bath. Braintree etc...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 134 - 153
RonMariner
January 15, 2021, 6:41pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,008
Gold Stars: 216
I wouldn't trust the people running this club for the past decade to sit the right way round on a toilet seat.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 135 - 153
ska face
January 16, 2021, 10:31am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.20
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,337
Gold Stars: 820
When, in response to a town fan racially abusing a black opposition player, the Stadium Manager issued a statement saying the perpetrator “will be banned from our ground for life” - then club officials facilitated a meeting between the abuser and her victim, and stated that was “the end of the matter from the club’s point of view”. The abuser freely attends matches now.

https://archive.kickitout.org/news/grimsby-town-fan-on-racism-charge-not-banned/#.YAK88aTfXDs
Private Message
Reply: 136 - 153
St. Pauli
January 16, 2021, 12:48pm

Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +223
Gold Stars: 1
A user named GETYOURFACTSRIGHT on a fans message board, turned out to be the clubs major shareholder, after several postings ...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 137 - 153
Azimuth
January 16, 2021, 12:59pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +3 / -4
Approval: +686
Gold Stars: 58

I believe it refers to when we beat (a full strength) Tottenham. In the scenes in the dressing room after the game he screamed: "don't forget the orange" or some such. It was like the embarrassing uncle at the Christmas party who completely misreads the situation.

I remember me and the kids laughing out loud when it happened as it was so out of context.

Ahh yes I remember that incident now, poured over Slade wasnt it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 138 - 153
Davec
January 16, 2021, 1:07pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,441
Gold Stars: 42
Quoted from Azimuth

Ahh yes I remember that incident now, poured over Slade wasnt it.

Yes as he was giving an interview to Sky.

I'm all for a bit of fun but it was live on TV, whilst beating a full strength spurs team is an achievement surely the celebrations and clown acts when the TV cameras aren't filming is more professional than letting the entire country see it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 139 - 153
16 Pages Prev ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Most Embarrassing GTFC Moments

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.