2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
January 13, 2021, 3:26pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +787
Gold Stars: 113
Amidst Hurstys latest interview about the "possible" new signings he has slipped this little beauty in there

"It’s all well and good me having ideas, but if we can’t get the players that fit that, then I’ll have to work with what I can bring in to give us a chance of getting results."

Sounds almost nearly exactly like the position our previous encumbant ended up in.....and look where that got us!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fH3Qq3sBOV8
Logged Offline
Private Message
January 13, 2021, 3:33pm
Guest User
Amidst Hurstys latest interview about the "possible" new signings he has slipped this little beauty in there

"It’s all well and good me having ideas, but if we can’t get the players that fit that, then I’ll have to work with what I can bring in to give us a chance of getting results."

Sounds almost nearly exactly like the position our previous encumbant ended up in.....and look where that got us!

In other words, beggars can't be choosers...or check out my signature!
Reply: 1 - 12
January 13, 2021, 4:15pm
Guest User

So what else is he supposed to do then?  Not bring any players in and go with the squad we've got?
Reply: 2 - 12
GollyGTFC
January 13, 2021, 4:39pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,926
Gold Stars: 347

Yeah, but it took IH 3 months to realise his team couldn’t play decent football didn’t it? 4-4-2 and more direct started against Scunny.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 3 - 12
GrimRob
January 13, 2021, 5:04pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,343
Gold Stars: 113
Difficult one, do we pay more and reduce the number of players we bring in? Even if we got Messi in the team with 10 others we'd still probably struggle.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 4 - 12
WOZOFGRIMSBY
January 13, 2021, 5:16pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.74
Rep Score: +66 / -22
Approval: +8,759
Gold Stars: 177
Quoted from GrimRob
Difficult one, do we pay more and reduce the number of players we bring in? Even if we got Messi in the team with 10 others we'd still probably struggle.

He’d probably get injured in the first 10 minutes and be on the sidelines for the remainder of his contract

He’s one of our loans
He’s one of our loans
Harvey Cartwright
He’s one of our loans
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 12
DB
January 13, 2021, 5:17pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.55
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,880
Gold Stars: 383
Quoted from GrimRob

I did suggest  mercenaries in another thread, but it didn't seem popular.  

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 12
grimsby pete
January 13, 2021, 5:31pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
If you was a player who had more than one choice would you choose town ?

Look at the league table we will get the dregs that are left and have no other offers.

So it's up to Paul to work wonders with what he has got.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 12
toontown
January 13, 2021, 6:17pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,159
Gold Stars: 69
We will HAVE to pay over the odds to get reasonable quality in, that's the position we've been left in thanks to Holloway and the cheapskate board
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 12
thefish
January 13, 2021, 6:54pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,267
Gold Stars: 67
Quoted from GrimRob

Apparently, he was all up for coming in the summer but we turned him down as he’s ‘no good at darts’.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 12
moosey_club
January 13, 2021, 8:05pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,141
Gold Stars: 220
Quoted from thefish

Apparently, he was all up for coming in the summer but we turned him down as he’s ‘no good at darts’.

Bullsh!t

He is very good at darts but Holloway insisted Lionel would have to pull his own darts out of double top but as the club didnt have a risk assessment for using a step ladder he was fcked so turned us down.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 12
RonMariner
January 13, 2021, 11:24pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.39
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,008
Gold Stars: 216
I am confident that Hurst will bring in good players. I just worry about the timing.  

We have some crucial coming up shortly, and I also fear that the season might be curtailed and PPG applied before we have chance for the new players to put enough distance between us and the drop zone.

It would just be our luck to go down that way.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 12
DB
January 13, 2021, 11:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.55
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,880
Gold Stars: 383
Quoted from RonMariner
I am confident that Hurst will bring in good players. I just worry about the timing.  

We have some crucial coming up shortly, and I also fear that the season might be curtailed and PPG applied before we have chance for the new players to put enough distance between us and the drop zone.

It would just be our luck to go down that way.  

Well said Ron. 0 points out of 18 this month and it's not looking good on players coming in. I'm starting to hope that the National League might become null and void and save us.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 12
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hursts latest interview

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.