3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
lew chaterleys lover
January 13, 2021, 12:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,547
Gold Stars: 231
Reports suggest Doncaster amongst others are tabling a six-figure bid for Cardwell from Chorley.

He was complete rubbish here, wasn't he, let's be honest.

It makes you wonder if the club was so toxic, so negative, so backwards thinking, and penny-pinching and about 30 years behind the times that players will simply not reach anywhere near their potential whilst here.

We are obviously going to have to turn back all the negatives and start realising our potential as a good place to work, and a good club to be at, and the quicker the takeover is announced the better.
Private Message
IlkleyMariner
January 13, 2021, 12:51pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,871
Gold Stars: 66
He was always a hard working target man, and had some success in holding up the ball played forward.

His downfall was that he just couldn’t score, which is a problem for a striker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 27
Sinkfortheladies
January 13, 2021, 12:53pm
Coke Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +63
Gold Stars: 1
I was one of the few that actually rated Cardwell.

He was unlucky with injuries but I always thought he offered us something and with a solid run in the team I always thought he could of been a very good front man.
Limbrick rated him highly from what I understand.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 27
Norseman
January 13, 2021, 12:53pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +263
Gold Stars: 48
They must be crazy. Is holloway in charge of recruitment there .he can spot a player
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 27
Gainsbro_Mariner
January 13, 2021, 12:55pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +27 / -2
Approval: +1,450
Gold Stars: 14
Reports suggest Doncaster amongst others are tabling a six-figure bid for Cardwell from Chorley.

He was complete rubbish here, wasn't he, let's be honest.

It makes you wonder if the club was so toxic, so negative, so backwards thinking, and penny-pinching and about 30 years behind the times that players will simply not reach anywhere near their potential whilst here.

We are obviously going to have to turn back all the negatives and start realising our potential as a good place to work, and a good club to be at, and the quicker the takeover is announced the better.

He has only scored 1 goal this season for Chorley in the League, which makes it 3 league goals for 6 different clubs in 6 years. For a striker that is a woeful return. I'm not sure who would want to part with a six figure sum in order to bring in a forward with such a poor record in front of goal. Cardwell frustrated me, he always seemed to be missing something other than the obvious. He was a hard worker and he could at times bring other players into the game but too many off games than on. One of those players who you always think he is going to come good but after 3 years you are kind of wondering why he is still here.

There seems to be more to his play at Chorley, and perhaps he has found his level in the National League North, but would be bizarre to see him jump to League One when he couldn't cut the mustard in League Two.

Tony Gallimore nicked my Pint and my sausage roll
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 27
Swansea_Mariner
January 13, 2021, 12:55pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,387
Gold Stars: 62
He was nowhere near good enough whilst here, glad he's doing well for himself but I'd also be amazed if he was anywhere close to league 1 standard.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 27
Croxton
January 13, 2021, 12:58pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +2,933
Gold Stars: 31
Not complete rubbish. Niggling injuries, lack of aggression, poorly coached, underused as a sub but a willing and reliable squad player. Far too nice for a CF but has learned to put himself about in non league. Always thought he would develop with regular games but he suffered as a result of stupid contracts given to Hanson and Green.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 27
Abdul19
January 13, 2021, 1:00pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.42
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,449
Gold Stars: 214
He scored once in 2 years before Hanson and Green turned up.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 27
StaffsMariner
January 13, 2021, 1:07pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.07
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +428
Gold Stars: 6
It's funny how young players can improve over time, who'd have thought thats how things worked.
Then we look at our current crop of youngsters and say they're not good enough.
We do seem to expect our youngsters to be the finished article from the get go, so maybe , just maybe we need to allow players time to develop before we decide they'll never make it.
Kayden Jackson wasn't great here but that season with us helped him develop in to a goalscorer the following season.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 27
HertsGTFC
January 13, 2021, 1:09pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,635
Gold Stars: 217
Struggled to establish himself in what was usually pretty drab sides that we fielded.

He worked hard and had a bit of pace too, it would be good to think he’s earned another shot in the EFL after dropping down a couple of levels.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 27
3 Pages 1 2 3 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Harry Cardwell

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.