chipsandgravy
January 13, 2021, 8:14pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.19
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +3,586
Gold Stars: 35
Quoted from Poojah

I did see this earlier and wonder. Coyle has played 21 times for Gillingham this season but has only made 3 league starts. Medley, an absolute unit of a centre half, has had more game time but hasn't started since the end of November.

You'd imagine a move to League Two for at least one of them would be the next logical step. A basement division relegation scrap might just put a few hairs on the chests of the southern softies...

Coyle was very good for me on Football Manager!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 73
KingstonMariner
January 13, 2021, 8:17pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from malkamalka
Arsenal have recalled Zech Medley and Trae Coyle from their loan spells at Gillingham, with the pair set to return to London Colney within the next 24 hours.

Gillingham manager Steve Evans told BBC Radio Kent that he expects Medley and Coyle to return to Arsenal despite both players having initially joined the League One club on loan for the season.

Medley featured prominently earlier in the campaign before an injury halted his progress, while Coyle has mainly been used as a substitute.

It is expected that both players could be loaned out again shortly, with Arsenal eager for them to gain further experience of senior football.

You forgot the quotation marks from your cut n paste

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 73
KingstonMariner
January 13, 2021, 8:19pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from mimma

Don't ever apologise for waxing lyrical about the great Futch. What a player, and center half he was. We were lucky to have Futch and Gary Birtles in the same team. Now that was football!!!

Wouldn’t happen these days because former top level players don’t need to come to places like this.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 73
malkamalka
January 13, 2021, 8:41pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +148
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Source:

https://arseblog.news/2021/01/coyle-and-medley-recalled-arsenal-loanees-round-up/

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 73
malkamalka
January 13, 2021, 8:41pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +148
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Source:

https://arseblog.news/2021/01/coyle-and-medley-recalled-arsenal-loanees-round-up/

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 73
KingstonMariner
January 13, 2021, 10:58pm
Meths Drinker
So what are you saying Malky?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 73
Northbank Mariner
January 14, 2021, 2:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,442
Gold Stars: 171
That's another one gone belly up!...not looking like Hurst is making much headway unfortunately, think he'll be lucky to get anybody in, starting to worry we we won't see any changes this month...feel a bit down hearted if I'm honest ..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 73
forza ivano
January 14, 2021, 3:17pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
That's another one gone belly up!...not looking like Hurst is making much headway unfortunately, think he'll be lucky to get anybody in, starting to worry we we won't see any changes this month...feel a bit down hearted if I'm honest ..

thinking we need to get the hoses on the pitch and get saturday postponed!

ps if it goes ahead and you want to make some money Sarfend are 12-5 with Betfair and William Hill
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 73
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
January 14, 2021, 3:45pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Northbank Mariner

The only way he can make signings is from the out of work pool like Habergham or loanees. He’s in the same boat as Holloway but worse. The club is even less attractive long term now than it was in the summer, who is going to want to sign on and be playing non-league in a few months even if offered top whack?

It isn’t negativity it is reality. I hope it isn’t but it is looking increasingly like make do and mend what we have. Fingers crossed there are still irons to be pulled out of the fire.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 73
Bigdog
January 14, 2021, 3:48pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from ancientmariner54

We would miss him in mid- field though , best player on our books in my humble opinion, VERSATILE.

I think we've missed the influence of Hewitt's pace and performances at centre half much more than him adding very little effect in his recent midfield outings, in which he has been as anonymous as anyone else..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 73
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Defensive Signing

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.