Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › John Fenty - The worst chairman in EFL history?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 297 Guests

John Fenty - The worst chairman in EFL history?

This thread currently has 5,517 views. Print
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
diehardmariner
January 12, 2021, 2:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,428
Gold Stars: 532
Quoted from Jarmo.Is.God

I never praised the guy at all...

I'm just bored of seeing thread after thread of people moaning about him, it achieves nothing and just fuels negativity around the club

I don't think anyone has suggested you praised him.

But asking people to just let it be with Fenty is quite frankly like pissing into a gale with everything he's done.

Even this lunchtime we get the news that the club have absolutely shat on everyone once again by disregarding social distance rules and in turn have picked up a fine, even more expensive legal and investigation costs and then associated costs for the 3 clubs affected. From Matt Dean's report we're £18,000 down before we pick up the costs.    To put that into perspective, that's a big chunk of someone's salary in the GTFC office.  That's staff who were put on furlough and told they HAD to take a pay cut.  

Nah, I'll moan about him as long as I want.  The guy is a flipping stain on this football club and it pisses me off that he's going to walk away smelling of roses.  The thread title was a give away as to what the content would be, just don't open it if you're bored of it surely?
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 47
mariners1
January 12, 2021, 2:59pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +201
Gold Stars: 1
I won’t make any more comments about my views about Fenty...I’ve said plenty in other posts....but as far as other clubs despicable chairman then the bloke Oyston at Blackpool not only did massive damage to the club but was an absolutely dispicable person in his business as well. Think he would certainly be high on the list. His son wasn’t much better in recent times either.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 47
Mariner_501
January 12, 2021, 3:12pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +14 / -8
Approval: +227
Gold Stars: 27
He has to be top 3 and I refuse to believe otherwise
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 47
golfer
January 12, 2021, 3:16pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 47
Boris Johnson
January 12, 2021, 3:24pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from diehardmariner

I don't think anyone has suggested you praised him.

But asking people to just let it be with Fenty is quite frankly like pissing into a gale with everything he's done.

Even this lunchtime we get the news that the club have absolutely shat on everyone once again by disregarding social distance rules and in turn have picked up a fine, even more expensive legal and investigation costs and then associated costs for the 3 clubs affected. From Matt Dean's report we're £18,000 down before we pick up the costs.    To put that into perspective, that's a big chunk of someone's salary in the GTFC office.  That's staff who were put on furlough and told they HAD to take a pay cut.  

Nah, I'll moan about him as long as I want.  The guy is a flipping stain on this football club and it pisses me off that he's going to walk away smelling of roses.  The thread title was a give away as to what the content would be, just don't open it if you're bored of it surely?

agree its a shambnles. but shouidnt players take some sort of responsibilty?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 47
realist
January 12, 2021, 3:25pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +5 / -18
Approval: -2,689
Gold Stars: 41
I would like to think he is the worst, but the club survives.....just.  I think any chairman that has overseen the club completely wiped out must be the worst. My earliest recollection is Bradford Park Avenue and there have been quite a few since
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 47
Northbank Mariner
January 12, 2021, 4:23pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.76
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,443
Gold Stars: 171
Stephen Dale @ bury has to rank as one of the worst club owners ever, absolute moron of a human being
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 47
MuddyWaters
January 12, 2021, 5:02pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from Northbank Mariner
Stephen Dale @ bury has to rank as one of the worst club owners ever, absolute moron of a human being

I’m sure he is but he hasn’t had 16 years practice.
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 47
ginnywings
January 12, 2021, 5:17pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
I always think of JF as the reluctant Chairman. I think he sort of inherited it by default as the last man standing and never really threw his heart and soul into it. Chose to run it as he would a business, which is ok from a financial point of view, but doesn't really get the blood pumping round the veins.

I think he tried his best, and there's no doubt he's a fan, but he never truly invested in the playing and coaching staff enough to make us anything more than functional. Was too old school and didn't embrace the changing game to any great degree. The ledgers instead of computerisation, the lack of belief in fitness coaches and analysts. His penny pinching on contracts to key players was fatal and he never endeared himself to the fans in any way.

I think he was just too prosaic and treated players as employees, just like the rest of the staff. There was never any great bond between the club and the fans, and there was just too much emphasis on the bottom line, which leads to a joyless and uninspiring time for all concerned.

Ultimately, entertainment was forgotten in pursuit of financial stability, and where's the romance in that?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 47
forza ivano
January 12, 2021, 6:37pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Vaughan at Chester would take some beating. that was a horror show and they've never really recovered
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 47
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › John Fenty - The worst chairman in EFL history?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.