Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hold your nerve everyone...
Users Browsing Forum
Googlebot and 233 Guests

Hold your nerve everyone...

This thread currently has 8,434 views. Print
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
MuddyWaters
January 9, 2021, 7:09pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Just when you think there’s a light at the end of the tunnel, we manage to dominate possession and lose 3-0, but we are still in touch, we have been promised an active transfer window and we do seem to have players on their way back.

Hope beyond hope that the consortium get hold of the club quickly now and that Fenty and his cronies never set foot in Blundell Park and wherever we end up in the future ever again. Fenty copulated our club and should take what he deserves, intercourse all.
Private Message
Fillipe Noche
January 9, 2021, 7:25pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
I’m not going to make this a usual Fillipe lengthy post.

Just to say though, stop this quitter syndrome and stop this throwing the towel in mentality

Half a season left and get your heads up and only do positives

I know you blighters don’t like me, but come on lads and lasses. Get positive and hold your heads up high ffs as we are in this together, even though we aren’t allowed in Blundell Park to make tie difference

Make the difference in other ways

You know how inventive you were when you was out there making Fenty Out videos and banners to put all over Grimsby and Cleethorpes? Well there you go, there’s your starting point. Let’s see somebody organise some videos for those players in black and white telling them “GTFC Players, We Can’t Be There For You, But We Are Fully Behind You”. Come banner artists, let’s get some of these hung up near Blundell Park, near Cheapside and around Town.

I know just how fabulous GTFC fans are. I don’t have to remind you, with your outstanding support home and away, and your fund raising brilliance. Well come on you marvellous people, find ways to overcome the absence of attending games and find ways to inspire the players, because they need it. Be inventive

I’m not a bloody board member. I’m not a board members stooge. I’m a fan and I care. And I know that like me, you don’t want that sickening taste again that occurred behind that goal at Burton, or those years of struggling in the National League again, with players off defeats.

YOU CAN DO THIS AND YOU CAN STILL BE THE DIFFERENCE EVEN WHILST YOU CANNOT BE AT BP

SHOW AS MUCH PASSION IN THIS NEED FOR INVENTIVENESS AS YOU DID WHEN YOU WENT ALL “FENTY OUT”

You can do this
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 53
KingstonMariner
January 9, 2021, 7:27pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Dominate possession isn’t a phrase I’d use. ‘Be allowed to keep possession in non-dangerous areas’ is the phrase I’d use.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 53
MuddyWaters
January 9, 2021, 7:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Dominate possession isn’t a phrase I’d use. ‘Be allowed to keep possession in non-dangerous areas’ is the phrase I’d use.

Didn’t say we did a lot with it but it’s better than we have been. What’s the greatest concern is the fact that our ‘experienced rocks’ have been so poor.
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 53
Fillipe Noche
January 9, 2021, 7:33pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Old Codger is about the only person being positive

Get positive and get inventive as there’s so much to play for here

Well done codger (not trying to patronise you here)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 53
Yoda
January 9, 2021, 8:58pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,121
Gold Stars: 71
You don’t get points for possession
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 53
GrimRob
January 9, 2021, 9:04pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
We struggle to score and can't defend. It's not a promising combination.

Hurst at least has more time on the training ground to try and sort things out but he needs to get the right signings and hit the ground running with them. If only we had the fans to spur the players on. A lot of them have never seen or heard us!

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 6 - 53
arryarryarry
January 9, 2021, 9:08pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Fillipe Noche
Old Codger is about the only person being positive

Get positive and get inventive as there’s so much to play for here

Well done codger (not trying to patronise you here)

How can you be positive when week after week we are crap and hardly ever look like scoring never mind winning a game even against the poorest sides in the League.
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 53
MuddyWaters
January 9, 2021, 9:14pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Quoted from arryarryarry

How can you be positive when week after week we are crap and hardly ever look like scoring never mind winning a game even against the poorest sides in the League.

I’m not sure I was being particularly positive. Merely wanted PH to be given the opportunity of the window to make a difference.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 53
moosey_club
January 9, 2021, 9:16pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,201
Gold Stars: 224
Quoted from GrimRob
We struggle to score and can't defend. It's not a promising combination.

Hurst at least has more time on the training ground to try and sort things out but he needs to get the right signings and hit the ground running with them. If only we had the fans to spur the players on. A lot of them have never seen or heard us!

Which training ground did Hurst go to , as it didnt look like it was the same one as the players on today's performance.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 53
6 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Hold your nerve everyone...

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.