2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Townforlife
December 26, 2020, 7:36pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +229
Gold Stars: 16
Having been a town fan for over fifty years, I can honestly say that the current situation is the low point in leadership of our club. I am not going to call John Fenty names, but clearly there is evidence in the public domain that he has been untruthful, has associated himself, the Council and our football club with a known and determined criminal and his ongoing record in controlling our club is clearly the worst of any leader in the history of the club both in terms of league position and the number of awful decisions by himself and the board that he controls.  It ought to end immediately, but sadly there is little honour these days in politicians and people with money and influence. John Fenty is clearly a dishonourable man. To date there is no actual evidence that he will pass the club on to parties with the potential for improvement, development and more effective leadership of our club.  I hope I am proved wrong, but I fear he is here to stay.
As a fan it hurts when we lose.  When we win, it brings a little happiness.  To see our club and its fans treated so shabbily by John Fenty hurts more. We are family and one of our own is bullying us, holding us to ransom and treating us with contempt and dishonour.  John Fenty could and should know better.  He is a lost soul, haunting us, dividing us and draining us of energy, optimism and success. That is also dishonourable.
On other threads, boycotts have been threatened, many will walk away, swear never to return, hurl insults and rage about a situation we seemingly cannot influence.  I have seen enough damage done to our club.  I apologise if it has been suggested previously, but my only positive suggestion in the current situation is that a fund could be set up.  We could donate the money we might have spent on ifollow, attendance at games when we have the opportunity to do so again and any money we might have been tempted to pay for merchandise etc.  That fund should be held in trust until there is new ownership of the club when it can be donated to the club.
In the meantime, please write to the council,the club and John Fenty as local councillor and controllor of our club asking for his actions to be fully accounted for.  Sorry for the long post.  UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
KingstonMariner
December 26, 2020, 7:42pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Well said.

You’re a better man than me - I’m prepared to call people names.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 10
Rodley Mariner
December 26, 2020, 7:45pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
I didn't pay a tenner today and I won't pay a tenner on Tuesday but I would put the £20 in the fund you suggest if it is created.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 10
promotion plaice
December 26, 2020, 7:46pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193

Great first post mate, which one of the consortium are you?  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 10
Boris Johnson
December 26, 2020, 7:47pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
Quoted from Townforlife
Having been a town fan for over fifty years, I can honestly say that the current situation is the low point in leadership of our club. I am not going to call John Fenty names, but clearly there is evidence in the public domain that he has been untruthful, has associated himself, the Council and our football club with a known and determined criminal and his ongoing record in controlling our club is clearly the worst of any leader in the history of the club both in terms of league position and the number of awful decisions by himself and the board that he controls.  It ought to end immediately, but sadly there is little honour these days in politicians and people with money and influence. John Fenty is clearly a dishonourable man. To date there is no actual evidence that he will pass the club on to parties with the potential for improvement, development and more effective leadership of our club.  I hope I am proved wrong, but I fear he is here to stay.
As a fan it hurts when we lose.  When we win, it brings a little happiness.  To see our club and its fans treated so shabbily by John Fenty hurts more. We are family and one of our own is bullying us, holding us to ransom and treating us with contempt and dishonour.  John Fenty could and should know better.  He is a lost soul, haunting us, dividing us and draining us of energy, optimism and success. That is also dishonourable.
On other threads, boycotts have been threatened, many will walk away, swear never to return, hurl insults and rage about a situation we seemingly cannot influence.  I have seen enough damage done to our club.  I apologise if it has been suggested previously, but my only positive suggestion in the current situation is that a fund could be set up.  We could donate the money we might have spent on ifollow, attendance at games when we have the opportunity to do so again and any money we might have been tempted to pay for merchandise etc.  That fund should be held in trust until there is new ownership of the club when it can be donated to the club.
In the meantime, please write to the council,the club and John Fenty as local councillor and controllor of our club asking for his actions to be fully accounted for.  Sorry for the long post.  UTM

or perhaps pay the players wages ( not that they are worth much what's the salary cap again?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 10
KingstonMariner
December 26, 2020, 7:48pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Boris Johnson

or perhaps pay the players wages ( not that they are worth much what's the salary cap again?

That’s letting Fenty off the hook.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 10
grimsby pete
December 26, 2020, 7:54pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
EFL have a duty to look into Fenty,s dealings with a convicted fraudster and inform him he is not a fit and proper man to run a football league club.

Strip him of his interest in the club so Shutes , Stockdale and Petit who are honest reliable men can take over our club before it's too late to save.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 10
Limerick Mariner
December 26, 2020, 7:55pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +10 / -3
Approval: +5,664
Gold Stars: 136
It could be set up as a fund to buy shares in a share issue under the new ownership which would expand fan ownership of the club and put capital in the club - which is what is needed. The club has been undercapitalised since the early 80's - hence too much control by a narrow group of shareholders like John Fenty and predecessors.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 10
ginnywings
December 26, 2020, 8:07pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
You can have my unspent season ticket money.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 10
immariner
December 26, 2020, 8:12pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +20 / -4
Approval: +3,406
Gold Stars: 60
I think it's a great idea, no one wants to see GTFC suffer.

Would it be a Gofundme sort of thing?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 10
2 Pages 1 2 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › A Suggestion

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.