3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Marinerz93
December 26, 2020, 5:04pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.58
Rep Score: +89 / -11
Approval: +6,292
Gold Stars: 1
Sadly I paid out for a season pass on ifollow otherwise I'd be joining in, if Fenty is still at BP come next season regardless of were we are, I'm done watching his product, FENTY OUT

Supporting the Mighty Mariners for over 30 years, home town club is were the heart and soul is and it's great to be a part of it.

Jesus’ disciple Peter, picked up a fish to get the tribute money from it, Jesus left his thumb print on the fish, bless'ed is the Haddock.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 27
horsforthmariner
December 26, 2020, 5:14pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +7 / -2
Approval: +2,575
Gold Stars: 8
Do you remember the Wembley double year? Beating Villa in the League Cup. Brilliant league displays in tier 2. I want those days back.

It’s my opinion that the club will not recover until Fenty is gone. I’m therefore not wasting any money until he’s gone. I don’t see the point in  supporting Fentys ownership as it’s just prolonging the pain. I love the club but sometimes you have to endure some pain to get what you want. Not watching Town is the price I’m going to pay and I’d encourage all other fans to do the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 27
TAGG
December 26, 2020, 6:17pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -26
Approval: +2,982
Gold Stars: 121
Keep the boycott going

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 27
marinette
December 26, 2020, 6:38pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
Sorry if this has been discussed before (can't keep up with it).  I know the aims of a boycott would ultimately be to remove JF et al from the running of the club, but I'm interested to know what might happen as a result.

Would JF be likely to walk away if fans refused to pay any more money?  

Would the losses resulting from the boycott mean the club would go into admin, or would JF cover the losses and add the money to what he believes the club already owes him?

If the club goes into admin, I assume there would be an official search for a buyer before the club was allowed to fold completely.  Would this mean that the club might possibly be sold to the consortium at a cheaper price than the one JF is currently asking for?

Sorry, I have no idea how these things work.

Private Message
Reply: 23 - 27
KingstonMariner
December 26, 2020, 6:46pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from marinette
Sorry if this has been discussed before (can't keep up with it).  I know the aims of a boycott would ultimately be to remove JF et al from the running of the club, but I'm interested to know what might happen as a result.

Would JF be likely to walk away if fans refused to pay any more money?  

Would the losses resulting from the boycott mean the club would go into admin, or would JF cover the losses and add the money to what he believes the club already owes him?

If the club goes into admin, I assume there would be an official search for a buyer before the club was allowed to fold completely.  Would this mean that the club might possibly be sold to the consortium at a cheaper price than the one JF is currently asking for?

Sorry, I have no idea how these things work.

A boycott is likely to lead to Fenty having to lend the club more money. When he gets fed up with doing this he can either keep reducing the budget so it continues to perform badly on the pitch, continues to suffer relegations. He will never get a penny back that way.

Or he can call in his loans risking putting the club in admin. Because the club’s assets are security for the loan he becomes the owner of Blundell Park.

Either way he will continue to trash his own reputation and leaves himself an unenviable reputation. Reviled in life and after.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 27
KingstonMariner
December 26, 2020, 6:47pm
Meths Drinker
PS the paper value of BP is lower than his loans and shares, so his position gets worse the longer this goes on.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 27
marinette
December 26, 2020, 7:03pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.06
Rep Score: +38 / -4
Approval: +320
Gold Stars: 3
Thanks for explaining that, Kingston.  So you don't think JF is likely to call in his loans then?  He's said he won't in the past, but things are moving so quickly, and I don't suppose anyone knows what to believe at the mo.

Private Message
Reply: 26 - 27
KingstonMariner
December 26, 2020, 7:05pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from marinette
Thanks for explaining that, Kingston.  So you don't think JF is likely to call in his loans then?  He's said he won't in the past, but things are moving so quickly, and I don't suppose anyone knows what to believe at the mo.

You’re welcome Marinette.

Apart from the first bit about the security for the loans, the rest is just me trying to work out the possibilities.

Problem with Fenty is you can’t judge him by normal people’s behaviour.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 27
3 Pages Prev 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.