Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Siriki Dembele
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 249 Guests

Siriki Dembele

This thread currently has 78,803 views. Print
32 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
arryarryarry
April 11, 2021, 1:30pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Heisenberg

Posh seem to think they have another year on his contract, from memory.

Yep, just spotted they have an option to extend a year.
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 314
RonMariner
April 11, 2021, 2:11pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,539
Gold Stars: 224
Whatever happens they are savvy enough not to miss out on a good transfer fee if he goes.

Unlike a certain club I could name they are not stupid enough to let their best players leave for free.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 314
ginnywings
April 11, 2021, 2:27pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
They just keep on doing it. Their latest star striker Clarke-Harris is attracting attention and rumoured to be on the shopping list of W.B.A. for a fee of 5 million.

Shows what can be done if you have people on the board who know footballers as well as balance sheets. Speculate to accumulate.

Boils my p1ss when I think about it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 314
RonMariner
April 11, 2021, 2:43pm

Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.41
Rep Score: +42 / -7
Approval: +13,539
Quoted from ginnywings
They just keep on doing it. Their latest star striker Clarke-Harris is attracting attention and rumoured to be on the shopping list of W.B.A. for a fee of 5 million.

Shows what can be done if you have people on the board who know footballers as well as balance sheets. Speculate to accumulate.

Boils my p1ss when I think about it.

You have hit the nail on the head there.

The one time under Fenty when we invested significantly in a player (Bogle £50k) we made three quarter of a million selling him 18 months later. Even then it was the fans funding it through operation promotion.

Fenty just does not seem to grasp the concept that investing in decent players can bring success on the pitch, which is the thing most likely to improve the finances of the club in the long run.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 314
moosey_club
April 11, 2021, 3:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,202
Quoted from RonMariner

You have hit the nail on the head there.

The one time under Fenty when we invested significantly in a player (Bogle £50k) we made three quarter of a million selling him 18 months later. Even then it was the fans funding it through operation promotion.

Fenty just does not seem to grasp the concept that investing in decent players can bring success on the pitch, which is the thing most likely to improve the finances of the club in the long run.

More anti Fenty propaganda being spouted and I just wont have it......
Operation Promotion was rubbish and the money raised from it wasnt spent on Bogle....it was spent on fragrant pineapple chunks for mens urinals and a sink for the female referees.

Please stick to facts otherwise we may be shut down.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 314
Fillipe Noche
April 11, 2021, 4:28pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from immariner
Is it possible this could all be waiting on Dembele's potential exit from Posh, with Town (Fenty) due 25% of any fee?

Figures of £5m+ have been banded about previously.

https://www.peterboroughtoday......-batted-away-3077317

The period of time built into the contract of sale, by which we could have benefitted from a sell on % has now expired. So, in the event Posh sell Dembele, we no longer receive a fee.

So this post is nothing other that anti John Fenty mumbo jumbo again
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 314
jamesgtfc
April 11, 2021, 4:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,941
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

The period of time built into the contract of sale, by which we could have benefitted from a sell on % has now expired. So, in the event Posh sell Dembele, we no longer receive a fee.

I am sure you are on a wind up with that comment but if it transpires we get nothing from any Dembele sale, that sums our outgoing board of directors up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 314
KingstonMariner
April 11, 2021, 4:44pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from jamesgtfc

I am sure you are on a wind up with that comment but if it transpires we get nothing from any Dembele sale, that sums our outgoing board of directors up.

Even when he tries to defend Fenty he ends up making him look worse !

With friends like Fills Notches, who needs enemies. 😂

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 314
forza ivano
April 11, 2021, 5:27pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

perhaps you could illuminate us as to how you know this.  Your chum, Pen Penfras, is not keen on people spreading falsehoods about the present regime!

ps Filipe's sanctimonious arrogance and his keenness on telling us how important & successful he is, reminds me of that old poster who used to wind everyone up with a similar approach - seem to remember he knew everything because he was incredibly successful and played golf with the upper echelons of local business society. Anyone remember his name? perhaps Filipe is that bloke's reincarnation?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 314
ginnywings
April 11, 2021, 5:31pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from forza ivano

perhaps you could illuminate us as to how you know this.  Your chum, Pen Penfras, is not keen on people spreading falsehoods about the present regime!

ps Filipe's sanctimonious arrogance and his keenness on telling us how important & successful he is, reminds me of that old poster who used to wind everyone up with a similar approach - seem to remember he knew everything because he was incredibly successful and played golf with the upper echelons of local business society. Anyone remember his name? perhaps Filipe is that bloke's reincarnation?

Is that the guy who had barbeques with local football managers?

Can't remember his name but remember he was full of shoite.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 314
32 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Siriki Dembele

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.