Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Siriki Dembele
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 158 Guests

Siriki Dembele

This thread currently has 78,794 views. Print
32 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... Next All Recommend Thread
jimgtfc
April 12, 2021, 9:37am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +22 / -5
Approval: +5,073
Gold Stars: 44
Unfortunately a certain member of this board has either been misinformed or is attempting to deliberately mislead. Dembele’s current contract does expire this summer but it’s commonly known in the football world that the club have an option for a further year. Barry Fry has even stated the intentions with him, if they get promoted then they won’t trigger the extension and will instead reward him with a lucrative new contract, if they fail to gain promotion then he will be sold, after they trigger the extension to protect his value.

Peterborough are experts in this and are a role model club to many in the lower echelons of the football league. In fact they have in the past made it club policy to transfer list any player who enters the last 12 months of their contract so not to lose them for nothing.

And with regards to the supposed deadline set on the sell on fee, I think I’ve mentioned on here before that I know a former football agent based in the south, I asked him about this and he said he’s never heard of any clause set up in this way. He said that bonuses like a fee upon promotion or after a certain number of games or goals can have expiry dates but he’s never seen one on a sell on percentage and that they usually expire naturally if a player leaves for free at the end of that contract, certainly not randomly 6 months beforehand.

"Falls to Arnold... Arnold! That's it! Thats it! He's sealed it! Grimsby Town are back in the football league!!! Just a minute to go and Nathan Arnold makes it 3-1! Look at the scenes behind the goal! Look at the relief! The agony is finally over!!!"

John Tondeur - Wembley Stadium Sunday 15th May 2016
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 120 - 314
GollyGTFC
April 12, 2021, 11:55am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,992
Gold Stars: 356
Siriki Dembele is contracted at Peterborough until June 2022.

As much as PN wants to trust a website (Transfer Markt) mainly updated by spotty teenagers in their bedrooms whilst they’re not playing Football Manager, the truth reported by the proper media is different...

[url=https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport/football/transfer-news/nottingham-forest-transfer-news-dembele-4913278]Nottingham Post story on NFFC interest in Demberle[/url]
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 121 - 314
KingstonMariner
April 12, 2021, 12:01pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Still waiting for FN to say where he heard or read this information about the time limit on the sell-on clause. It’s supposedly in the public domain but no on else has heard about it.

So come on FN. where did you get this information?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 122 - 314
DB
April 12, 2021, 12:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.51
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,971
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from Fillipe Noche

Well then I think you need to learn that this messageboard isn’t all about you or I. Your dog with bone approach must be getting tiresome for the other readers and contributors to this page.

Look, I merely saw a post regarding Dembele, read it, and contributed to it with information I am aware of, in order to correct an inaccuracy. Nothing more and nothing less.

There’s nothing mysterious about it, it’s just factual information, which I don’t believe is secret. If it was confidential information, then I don’t think for a moment that I would have been told about it.

I’m not a narcissist, I’m not poking a bear for a reaction. I am merely taking an interest in a discussion board focused on my football club. I contribute when I have something to say, and only ever contribute with things I know to be truth and fact

That’s all DB, other than to ask you to try to be less judgemental and to cease with your offensive remarks and name calling please

I seem to have touched a sore spot, but if when you post you didn't use cloak and dagger methods and insinuations then perhaps, and only perhaps you wouldn't get responses that you do. The responses you get are invited on to you by your language.

I did not call you a narcissist, so why aim that at me. As you see in the above paragraph you are asking for a reply to a statement not made by me.

I am one of the few that stuck up for you on the " Banning Thread ", as I believe in free speech and people to have their opinions, regardless of whether I agree or not. I am sorry that in sticking up for you that you find I am judgemental and that it was offensive to you.

Finally Fillipe I have never on this site had a pop at anybody unless they have had a go at me first. I reserve the right to defend myself against you, regardless of what tripe/drivel you write about me. Don't give it if you don't like it back.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 123 - 314
jamesgtfc
April 12, 2021, 1:20pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,940
Gold Stars: 190
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Still waiting for FN to say where he heard or read this information about the time limit on the sell-on clause. It’s supposedly in the public domain but no on else has heard about it.

So come on FN. where did you get this information?

Myself and Golly have both produced evidence which suggests his contract expires in 2022. I simply searched "Siriki Dembele Peterborough contract" into Google to get mine and I bet Golly did similar.

It's easy for Filipe Noche to come out with words but not so easy to back them up with proof it seems.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 124 - 314
Fillipe Noche
April 12, 2021, 1:42pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from jamesgtfc

Myself and Golly have both produced evidence which suggests his contract expires in 2022. I simply searched "Siriki Dembele Peterborough contract" into Google to get mine and I bet Golly did similar.

It's easy for Filipe Noche to come out with words but not so easy to back them up with proof it seems.

In terms of the length of his contract, I’ve not made any comment regarding this. So I am not sure whether your first paragraph is aimed at me? Although I did make a bit of an ironic comment in reply to someone else’s remark on here regarding the length of Dembele’s contract.

With regards to KingstonMariner desire for me to disclose where I heard about the timescale on Dembele’s sell on clause, I will comment as follows. I am not prepared to disclose who it is that informed me about this. When I referenced that it was in the public domain, I meant in the sense that it is public in terms of people or person in the know who openly told me this. I didn’t mean it’s sitting as news on a website or anything like that. Now, whist I was never told “please don’t tell anyone about this”, neither did this person say “by all means tell people if this ever crops up in conversation, and of course tell them that you got the info from me”. So for that reason, I am not prepared to say who it is that informed me if this.

What I will tell you is this. It’s a person of responsibility that knows. The info came to me towards the end of the transfer window. At a time when I was conducting some other business. I happened to say that we at Grimsby (fans etc.) were hoping that Posh would be selling Dembele, as the money from the sell on clause would come in useful at Town.  They replied that they wasn’t sure if Dembele was going to leave but hoped not. But that in any event it was the final transfer window opportunity for GTFC to benefit from a sell on, as the clause in the sale contract with Grimsby had a time limit set on it.

I repeat, this person absolutely knows this for fact. Because of the work they are involved in.

It doesn’t matter what someone’s auntie that knows an agent says about what’s normal for a sell on clause, this is the specific in respect of the sale agreement for Dembele.

Now I think I really have contributed enough to this topic. You can make your own minds up whether or not this is genuine, as that really isn’t my concern.

I’ll leave that with you all.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 125 - 314
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
April 12, 2021, 1:47pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,805
Gold Stars: 552

In terms of the length of his contract, I’ve not made any comment regarding this. So I am not sure whether your first paragraph is aimed at me? Although I did make a bit of an ironic comment in reply to someone else’s remark on here regarding the length of Dembele’s contract.

With regards to KingstonMariner desire for me to disclose where I heard about the timescale on Dembele’s sell on clause, I will comment as follows. I am not prepared to disclose who it is that informed me about this. When I referenced that it was in the public domain, I meant in the sense that it is public in terms of people or person in the know who openly told me this. I didn’t mean it’s sitting as news on a website or anything like that. Now, whist I was never told “please don’t tell anyone about this”, neither did this person say “by all means tell people if this ever crops up in conversation, and of course tell them that you got the info from me”. So for that reason, I am not prepared to say who it is that informed me if this.

What I will tell you is this. It’s a person of responsibility that knows. The info came to me towards the end of the transfer window. At a time when I was conducting some other business. I happened to say that we at Grimsby (fans etc.) were hoping that Posh would be selling Dembele, as the money from the sell on clause would come in useful at Town.  They replied that they wasn’t sure if Dembele was going to leave but hoped not. But that in any event it was the final transfer window opportunity for GTFC to benefit from a sell on, as the clause in the sale contract with Grimsby had a time limit set on it.

I repeat, this person absolutely knows this for fact. Because of the work they are involved in.

It doesn’t matter what someone’s auntie that knows an agent says about what’s normal for a sell on clause, this is the specific in respect of the sale agreement for Dembele.

Now I think I really have contributed enough to this topic. You can make your own minds up whether or not this is genuine, as that really isn’t my concern.

You remind me of a character in a Jane Austen novel.

All coquettish smile, garbled syntax and grass stains on your breeches.

😀
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 126 - 314
jamesgtfc
April 12, 2021, 2:01pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.16
Rep Score: +20 / -5
Approval: +12,940
Gold Stars: 190

So it's not information in the public domain after all then, just hearsay.

I wonder why the real Phillip Day (assuming you're not him) didn't tell us this very public fact when he told everyone the sell-on clause is 25% a few months ago?

I don't recall ever hearing about a sell-on clause being time limited in football at all. In fact, I often read about clubs benefitting from sell-on clauses with each subsequent move. As I said last night, if we get diddly squat from any Dembele sale now then that really does sum up the incompetence of our outgoing board.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 127 - 314
Fillipe Noche
April 12, 2021, 2:10pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +3 / -21
Approval: -5,112
Gold Stars: 103
Quoted from jamesgtfc

So it's not information in the public domain after all then, just hearsay.

I wonder why the real Phillip Day (assuming you're not him) didn't tell us this very public fact when he told everyone the sell-on clause is 25% a few months ago?

I don't recall ever hearing about a sell-on clause being time limited in football at all. In fact, I often read about clubs benefitting from sell-on clauses with each subsequent move. As I said last night, if we get diddly squat from any Dembele sale now then that really does sum up the incompetence of our outgoing board.

I’m a member of the public, aren’t you ?

It’s not hearsay. Hearsay would suggest unsupported rumour or tittle tattle. The source is involved in football, in a professional capacity somewhere between GTFC > Dembele > Posh

Now that really is my final word on the matter. I need to stop dropping in on this topic, as I’m the sort of person that cannot resist correcting inaccurate comments. I suppose I’m a tad pedantic
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 128 - 314
GollyGTFC
April 12, 2021, 2:16pm

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,992
Gold Stars: 356
[url=https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/siriki-dembele-peterborough-premier-league-4680876]Grimsby Telegraph - 8th November 2020[/url]

Quoted Text
Town chairman Philip Day has revealed to BBC Radio Humberside that the club hold a 25 per cent selling-on clause following Dembele’s move to Peterborough in 2018

Someone needs to tell the Chairman we don’t have a sell on clause because he mistaken thinks we do.

Unless those on here saying we don’t are talking sh...rubbish.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 129 - 314
32 Pages Prev ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Siriki Dembele

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.