toontown
December 24, 2020, 6:37pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,248
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Bigdog

Joined a couple of years ago. To date, nothing back, not even received a confirmation of membership. Communication zero. Now lapsed..

Likewise for me. Assume my membership has lapsed too. It seems others have had the same issue.

I totally support the idea of the trust and appreciate that they are giving up their own time, they have my admiration. But as an organisation it appears to be dysfunctional and unfit for purpose, and it pains me to say that.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 101
GrimRob
December 24, 2020, 6:40pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from IlkleyMariner

Surely they would have a stronger hand at GTFC board level if they spoke with the authority of hundreds of town fans.

I think they need to decide first whether they even should be on the board (definitely one to ask the members). Then what their purpose is being on the board. Is it to represent the members or just to give a personal view as an informed supporter (as opposed to a business person and shareholder with a vested financial interest, like the rest of the board).

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 91 - 101
ginnywings
December 24, 2020, 6:46pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
They are too nice and Fenty runs rings around them. If they got more militant, they would get more support.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 101
Yoda
December 24, 2020, 7:35pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.29
Rep Score: +5 / -20
Approval: -3,121
Gold Stars: 71
the trust is finished anyone how gives them money is a cretin.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 101
arryarryarry
December 24, 2020, 8:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Are you a member? If not your opinion would carry no weight.

Any Town fan can voice their opinion on the Trust whether they are a member or not. It's not difficult to see the poor response coming from the Trust without being a member especially as it would seem from comments on here about lack of communications to actual members.

As it happens I am not a member, I was going to join but decided not to after the membership at the time decided to drop their trousers, bend over and let themselves be shafted by JF.

Was it 250,000 shares? how much will JF benefit from those if his share allocation is bought?
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 101
malkamalka
December 25, 2020, 12:18pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +148
Gold Stars: 17
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
Don’t really understand the post above, but if it means that the Trust needs to join the 21st century for communication and IT systems I’m in total support

Isn’t the Trust a 21st century organisation? Even it’s forerunner GTISC started out as an electronically delivered newsletter.

"Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens." (Jimi Hendrix)
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 101
KingstonMariner
December 25, 2020, 1:19pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from Vance Warner

Or are ex members because they got fed up with the Trust cosying up to Fenty and in my case because they allowed a grubby opportunist to pose with a town shirt.

The Trust didn’t allow that. Didn’t have a say in it.

PS how is leaving the Trust going to stop them cosying up to Fenty? It just leaves the Fenyists in a stronger position.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 101
KingstonMariner
December 25, 2020, 1:24pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from arryarryarry

Any Town fan can voice their opinion on the Trust whether they are a member or not. It's not difficult to see the poor response coming from the Trust without being a member especially as it would seem from comments on here about lack of communications to actual members.

As it happens I am not a member, I was going to join but decided not to after the membership at the time decided to drop their trousers, bend over and let themselves be shafted by JF.

Was it 250,000 shares? how much will JF benefit from those if his share allocation is bought?

You can voice an opinion but it’s the members that get a say in what the Trust does.

Perhaps if more people had joined before the vote we wouldn’t have got that result. It’s like the Millenials who didn’t vote in the Brexit referendum moaning about the outcome.

200,000 shares. I agree that stank but that’s what the members voted for.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 101
grimsby pete
December 25, 2020, 1:27pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from Boris Johnson

no they should represent the views of their membership. A paid subscription/membership should have some merit attached to it.

You don't even get a membership card.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 98 - 101
GollyGTFC
December 26, 2020, 11:36am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,973
Gold Stars: 356
Time for the Mariners Trust board representatives to resign from the GTFC board of directors?
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 99 - 101
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Mariners Trust

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.