December 24, 2020, 5:40pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from MrFisherman
From day one the Trust hasn't been fit for purpose

I'd say operation promotion would disagree with you. For all its faults at the moment, it has done some good stuff over the years.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 80 - 101
Vance Warner
December 24, 2020, 5:43pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +19 / -5
Approval: +2,775
Gold Stars: 100
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Exactly. I bet half the people moaning haven’t bothered to join.

Or are ex members because they got fed up with the Trust cosying up to Fenty and in my case because they allowed a grubby opportunist to pose with a town shirt.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 81 - 101
Norseman
December 24, 2020, 5:44pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.45
Rep Score: +2 / -4
Approval: +275
Gold Stars: 48
Quoted from friskneymariner

Perhaps they should reflect on the composition of their membership very male pale and stale need to increase diversity of those on it.

Whats pale got to do with. Why is everything suddenly about colour. Pale as you call it  is the predominant colour of gtfc fans and so is representative. But perhaps more ladies would be more reflective
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 101
MuddyWaters
December 24, 2020, 5:47pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from bax

I'd say operation promotion would disagree with you. For all its faults at the moment, it has done some good stuff over the years.

OP was great Bax, but, in truth, it took financial heat off JF and put the heat on Hursty.
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 101
bax
December 24, 2020, 5:49pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from MuddyWaters

OP was great Bax, but, in truth, it took financial heat off JF and put the heat on Hursty.

JF did tell me it was the worst thing that happened to the club after all...
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 101
Rodley Mariner
December 24, 2020, 5:51pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
Quoted from bax

JF did tell me it was the worst thing that happened to the club after all...

Very hard to take a 100k loan repayment out of the club when the fans have donated 100k to back the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 101
Bigdog
December 24, 2020, 5:58pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162
Quoted from bax

It's like a chicken and egg situation. There's been zero contact with paid up new members, but need new members, zero database management or collation,  but need to digitally contact members across all forms of social media with the press of one button to improve communication. Need more people get involved in order to help out with deficiences by providing extra man hours and also join (shake up) the current trust board, but can't do that because there's no definitive database and basic administrative automated digital protocols aren't in place through lack of man hours and so back to square one we go.

It's alright sitting on the board of a football club, but if you can't get the fundamentals right with your members, do the elected directors really have a mandate and how can the Trust manage and contact its members in the present nevermind grow in the future?

Needs sorting..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 101
IlkleyMariner
December 24, 2020, 6:17pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,969
Gold Stars: 69
Don’t really understand the post above, but if it means that the Trust needs to join the 21st century for communication and IT systems I’m in total support
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 101
GrimRob
December 24, 2020, 6:26pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,397
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
Don’t really understand the post above, but if it means that the Trust needs to join the 21st century for communication and IT systems I’m in total support

Not sure it is just about technology. Looking from the outside it seems they have a mentality of having meetings and committees to do everything, yet rarely consult the members on anything. The dichotomy between being ultra democratic on one hand and a "politburo" structure on the other is not a great combination, because it means they are slow to react and then not particularly representative of the members.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Online
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 88 - 101
IlkleyMariner
December 24, 2020, 6:29pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +12 / -1
Approval: +2,969
Gold Stars: 69
Quoted from GrimRob

Not sure it is just about technology. Looking from the outside it seems they have a mentality of having meetings and committees to do everything, yet rarely consult the members on anything. The dichotomy between being ultra democratic on one hand and a "politburo" structure on the other is not a great combination, because it means they are slow to react and then not particularly representative of the members.

Surely they would have a stronger hand at GTFC board level if they spoke with the authority of hundreds of town fans.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 101
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Mariners Trust

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.