toontown
December 24, 2020, 10:51am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,248
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from bax
If the deadline passes today with no deal and JF remains in charge then the Trust is no longer fit for purpose and will be shown to have no sway in being on the board.

In that scenario, if I remained a Trust member, I would be calling for a vote of no confidence in the Trust board members on GTFC's board and also in the Chair.

If JF remains in charge of the club the only thing the Trust can do is pull away from supporting him. Anything else would show they are not in touch with supporters. The argument of affecting things from the inside no longer washes I'm afraid.

ABSOFUCKINLUTELY!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 101
davmariner
December 24, 2020, 10:54am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,910
Gold Stars: 78
You can predict that after 4pm they will come out with their usual rudderless nonsense of ‘we are very disappointed this didn’t go ahead etc etc’ and resume the prawn sandwich and VIP treatment at BP.

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 101
bax
December 24, 2020, 10:55am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.20
Rep Score: +25 / -3
Approval: +2,645
Gold Stars: 30
Quoted from davmariner
You can predict that after 4pm they will come out with their usual rudderless nonsense of ‘we are very disappointed this didn’t go ahead etc etc’ and resume the prawn sandwich and VIP treatment at BP.

If they do the membership should force the change. It's a democratically elected group and members should force that democratic right to make a change.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 101
SomeSanity
December 24, 2020, 11:12am
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +855
Gold Stars: 1
Quoted from davmariner

I was under the impression that the Trust Board Members sat in their season ticket seats. I know they get invited  to the annual Fenty Summer Bash though.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 101
headingly_mariner
December 24, 2020, 11:36am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,314
Gold Stars: 113
They’ve just put a statement out. What the intercourse are they playing at sat on the fence?

There is a crystal clear feeling from the fans and they’re not representing it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 101
GollyGTFC
December 24, 2020, 11:53am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,991
Gold Stars: 356
Quoted from headingly_mariner
They’ve just put a statement out. What the intercourse are they playing at sat on the fence?

There is a crystal clear feeling from the fans and they’re not representing it.

Hardly sat on the fence. They’ve nailed their colours to Shutes and his consortium buying the club.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 35 - 101
MuddyWaters
December 24, 2020, 11:54am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
I've just read the 'Open Letter'. Honest opinion - pathetic.

Open Letter to John Fenty, Tom Shutes, Andrew Pettit and Jason Stockwood.

Dear John, Tom, Andrew and Jason.

We are very disappointed to see that the talks over the proposed takeover of GTFC have broken down. We are appealing to both parties to urgently find a solution and to conclude the transaction.

We stand by ready to help in any way we can and are contacting each party to that effect.

For the sake of the magnificent fans of this wonderful Club, please get to a deal.We can’t go on like this.

Mariners Trust
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 101
Hagrid
December 24, 2020, 12:07pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,364
Gold Stars: 527
Weak as urine. Your a waste of time
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 101
BobbyCummingsTackle
December 24, 2020, 12:12pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,177
Gold Stars: 290
I can't believe I'm writing this.....

I have some sympathy for the trust here, they are caught between a rock and a hard place as they have no power or influence in the deal and are sat between us (the fans), the board and the consortium.

What we have clearly seen from this is that there needs to be a rethink about how the trust operates and how it communicates to the supporters. They are supposed to represent us on the board and yet we hear next to nothing from them.

The current board members should step down as a vote of no confidence in the current board and begin a dialogue with fans about how we are better represented by the trust - a minimum expectation should be open disclosure of board discussions but an acceptance that not all the detail can be discussed.

#Fentyout

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 101
Ipswin
December 24, 2020, 12:13pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from MuddyWaters
I've just read the 'Open Letter'. Honest opinion - pathetic.

Open Letter to John Fenty, Tom Shutes, Andrew Pettit and Jason Stockwood.

Dear John, Tom, Andrew and Jason.

We are very disappointed to see that the talks over the proposed takeover of GTFC have broken down. We are appealing to both parties to urgently find a solution and to conclude the transaction.

We stand by ready to help in any way we can and are contacting each party to that effect.

For the sake of the magnificent fans of this wonderful Club, please get to a deal.We can’t go on like this.

Mariners Trust

FFS Makes John Fenty's statement look like a well drafted potential Booker prize winning piece.

Who on earth wrote this, one step up from 'the cat sat on the mat' Have any of the Trust board members got young grandchildren with nowt to do after they finished their letter to Santa?

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 101
11 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › The Mariners Trust

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.