21 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 All Recommend Thread
hampshiremariner
December 19, 2020, 8:44pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Rep Score: +4 / 0
Approval: +1,056
Gold Stars: 35
Not bothered about the quality of the game, only how many points we get. We need some clean sheets given we have the second worst goal difference in the division. Get things straight at the back and build on it.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 200 - 208
HertsGTFC
December 19, 2020, 9:09pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,909
Gold Stars: 228
Clean sheet for Macca, then again in the 2nd half he could have gone back and sat on the bench as I thought our back 4 where excellent and the Scunts where poor.

Pollock was my MOM but a mention for Hewitt who’s really impressed me with his versatility since he came back into the side. Also for Hendrie who completely did a job on Eisa from start to finish.

Definite red card for Jordan Clarke BTW, I like it when refs let a bit go but the one today missed some important calls.  

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 201 - 208
arryarryarry
December 19, 2020, 9:26pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Heisenberg

I really like what you’ve said there - let’s hope Jackson and Gibson are a front two from now on. As for Hewitt, when he gave that first penalty away against Salford I just though he was a disaster, but in many ways it’s players like him who, when they perform, are irreplaceable. He can play anywhere.

I don't think we will win many games with Jackson and Gibson as the front two, neither of them could really hold the ball up and Gibson doesn't appear as good as when he first got a game.

Green didn't do that much either, we need at least another forward bringing in.
Private Message
Reply: 202 - 208
Abdul19
December 19, 2020, 11:48pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,554
Gold Stars: 216
Poor game, but a big win and probably the most comfortable I've ever been with us 1-0 up!

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 203 - 208
WHYWONTYOULETMESIGNUP
December 20, 2020, 3:44am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.64
Rep Score: +16 / -2
Approval: +3,689
Gold Stars: 72
I thought we had some promise today even if we were a bit flat, hewitts recovery after his mistake was a highlight, great tackle. I hope we can build on it and become more difficult to beat
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 204 - 208
HarrogateMariner
December 20, 2020, 10:07am
Beer Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.03
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +479
Gold Stars: 23
I enjoyed the game and thought we did well. We were very good at everything you need to do in a local derby- lots of fight, effort, physicality- these games are never full of good football. But we out thought Scunthorpe who looked very poor. Personally I would take performances like that week in week out at the minute. And to anyone who says these players don't care- just look at the reaction at the end.
Hewitt, Pollock, Hendrie were excellent,  but I think Clifton and Spokes deserve special mention. For 2 young players I thought they bossed the middle, had physical presence and didn't let Scunthorpe settle at all. Based on this, and in my opinion, Rose's inconsistency all season, they would be my first pick in the middle right now. You don't need everyone in the team to be playing intricate passes, you need some that do the dirty work on and off the ball. I really don't understand all this criticism of Clifton, I though he did very well yesterday, and listening to Ollie post match,  so did he.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 205 - 208
Jarmo.Is.God
December 21, 2020, 11:36am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +6,050
Gold Stars: 86
Sorry for the late input.

I like to wait till the Monday so i don't comment and get carried away after a defeat/win.

We've played better recently during this poor run and come away with nothing, but that's football all over.

Spokes really really impressed me, Big guy, calm on the ball, and all round had a great game, MOM for me.

Enjoy Pollock while we can, because even after a defeat, he still impresses me, the guy is destined for big things, hes only 19!!!

The rest did a solid enough job, none let us down.

The clown who give Edwards whiplash should be punished big time, that was criminal!

Most importantly, we was bang average, but Scunny fans should be worried, because they offered nothing, and look lost without Van Veen
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 206 - 208
forza ivano
December 21, 2020, 11:22pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,169
Gold Stars: 265
just looked it up and found that 9 of the 15 players used were 23 or under. hadn't really appreciated quite what a young team we are
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 207 - 208
denni266
December 22, 2020, 8:51am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.83
Rep Score: +13 / -21
Approval: +696
Gold Stars: 132
Quoted from forza ivano
just looked it up and found that 9 of the 15 players used were 23 or under. hadn't really appreciated quite what a young team we are

Thats been a big part of the problem , too many players that are inexperianced  and not ready for league football yet. And some that will never be league standard ,  For what ever reason this is what we had to start with,  Looking with a clear head  its hats off to them for taking the chance and stepping in to the couldren . They should never have been put in this  position and must be frightning for some of them . Blundel park is not the best place to be a novice . Football is suposed to be fun to play from what i remember from my playing days . I dont blame the players for trying , its the management and above i blame for putting them in the line of fire. I know they have to harden up if they want to be pro footballers  but sometimes its a step too far and early for some
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 208 - 208
21 Pages Prev ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scunthorpe (H) Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.