ginnywings
December 19, 2020, 6:50pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,111
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from Bigdog

We weren't great with the ball but that's our best performance without the ball this season..

No argument from me there. It was what won us the game, as we only needed 1 goal. They created nothing because we didn't let them.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 190 - 208
oochiad
December 19, 2020, 6:53pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,716
Gold Stars: 27
We still gave away far to many free kicks and a better team would have capitalised. We need to cut this out ASAP.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 191 - 208
Sammo
December 19, 2020, 6:55pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +171
Poor game, both teams low on quality but we got the 3 points and after recent poor form and events off the pitch that was all that mattered, more of the same on Tuesday.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 192 - 208
monkeyboy
December 19, 2020, 7:01pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -167
Gold Stars: 26
Can see Jackson being very very good for us in the neat couple of years
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 193 - 208
Teestogreen
December 19, 2020, 7:12pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 22
Enjoy it - Town beat Scunthorpe 😀😀

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 194 - 208
December 19, 2020, 7:18pm
Guest User
That was a proper excrement game but I loved it.

Great commitment and effort from every player.

Pollock MOM.

didn’t really rate hewitt last season. Becoming a very important player this year in a number of roles. Thought hendrie was as good as ever as well.

Think a Scunthorpe fan would have given us more fouls than that ref did
Reply: 195 - 208
forza ivano
December 19, 2020, 7:42pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,159
Gold Stars: 265
can only echo the sentiments

poor,poor game but we worked harder and had slightly more attacking threat.
hewitt is having an excellent season and you wouldn't believe he was make shift centre half.
pollock was immense. best i've seen him in ages. looked so much happier playing the basic 'punt it' game and with the mobile hewitt alongside him
clifton and spokes did really well in midfield, worked very hard and were good 'destructively'. offensively they weren't great, especially Clifton (giving the ball and fouls away far too often) I was impressed with Spokes, some nice skills and you can see why he was bought.we can certainly send taylor and morton back on the basis of that performance.
morais was class again and bennett, again, was a waste of a place. He's a show pony which is the last thing we need at present.
although gibson wasnt great, he has improved, whilst jackson looks like he should've been playing since September

finally, can we please ,please stop giving away some many stupid free kicks. we will suffer in games against better opposition if this isn't cut out
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 196 - 208
sam gy
December 19, 2020, 7:46pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Rep Score: +18 / -3
Approval: +5,477
Gold Stars: 55
Quoted from cardiffmariner
Awful from a footballing POV but I really enjoyed it! Proper battling performance showing the manager and the players care - great reaction at the goal and at the end.

Agree about Hewitt, more mobile and athletic than Waterfall, and also reads the game better imho. Would be happy to see him there again, although the quality of today’s oppo is an obvious caveat!

Spokes surprised me based on his previous performances and he was much more forward thinking than Taylor, moving the ball more quickly too. He could come good.

Up front we still need someone with real experience but I think Jackson and Gibson did okay. It’s a huge step up for both of them and they’re having to perform in a team that isn’t offering them much in the way of chances.

More than happy to see the same type of performance in the next game if it leads to picking up points.

Just goes to show we need to give some of these young lads more time. It’s one hell of a jump in levels for Luke Spokes.

[img]https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xla1/v/t1.0-9/12039761_10156639571185103_2884197968019429473_n.jpg?oh=184cac2706832a1b1dd4d6a0420a6f87&oe=574C5F4F[/img]
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 197 - 208
Heisenberg
December 19, 2020, 7:48pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +5,035
Gold Stars: 93
Quoted from forza ivano
can only echo the sentiments

poor,poor game but we worked harder and had slightly more attacking threat.
hewitt is having an excellent season and you wouldn't believe he was make shift centre half.
pollock was immense. best i've seen him in ages. looked so much happier playing the basic 'punt it' game and with the mobile hewitt alongside him
clifton and spokes did really well in midfield, worked very hard and were good 'destructively'. offensively they weren't great, especially Clifton (giving the ball and fouls away far too often) I was impressed with Spokes, some nice skills and you can see why he was bought.we can certainly send taylor and morton back on the basis of that performance.
morais was class again and bennett, again, was a waste of a place. He's a show pony which is the last thing we need at present.
although gibson wasnt great, he has improved, whilst jackson looks like he should've been playing since September

finally, can we please ,please stop giving away some many stupid free kicks. we will suffer in games against better opposition if this isn't cut out

I really like what you’ve said there - let’s hope Jackson and Gibson are a front two from now on. As for Hewitt, when he gave that first penalty away against Salford I just though he was a disaster, but in many ways it’s players like him who, when they perform, are irreplaceable. He can play anywhere.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 198 - 208
KingstonMariner
December 19, 2020, 8:14pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Satisfying result. Not great quality. Thought Scunny were slightly better with their triangles. Both sides had players trying to be a bit too clever at times. Cut out the unnecessary tekkers boys.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 199 - 208
21 Pages Prev ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Scunthorpe (H) Match Thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.