arryarryarry
December 9, 2020, 3:42pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,040
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from Mariner John
Can't even pass the ball when hitting it only 5 yards, that's about all the players.

Stop hoofing it past midfield thinking you are passing it to Vardy to run onto, you aren't

Someone tell Edwards he isn't Sterling even if he thinks he is. Send him on an intensive, "How to keep your balance course" Then preferably pass it to one of our own players, instead of losing it 9 times out of 10

Shoot when you get a chance, the goal is the rectangle thing with a net behind it.

The number of fouls we gave away last night was ridiculous. 20 is a joke

Succesful crosses, zero. Corners please oh please try to hit it past the first defender.

When playing it out from the back and it isn't working you could always try another way.

Hitting it past a defender is wonderful if you have the speed to outrun him, you don't so stop it.

I would add, stop making dodgy tackles in the penalty area (Rose please note)
Private Message
Reply: 280 - 281
moosey_club
December 9, 2020, 6:21pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.70
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from Rick12
I dont know where our budget fits with other teams in this division  but I try to take a pragmatic view . Make and try to get the best out of the players we have.

Hopefully Edwards will improve. Has some spark there and I always like watching him.

Budget is another matter , how much we pay Gibson or paid for him or the length of contract he got is irrelevant in some ways..... the point is he struggles to do some very basic things that i would expect of a professional footballer and one that plys his trade as a striker....ie kick the ball in the direction he wants it to go.  
His goal for all the world looked like a scuffed effort that deceived the keeper, he is either offside, gives the ball away trying a first time lay off or loses it on his second/ third touch and in front of goal it would appear he just shuts his eyes and swings his leg.

The one thing that did impress me was some of his dead ball strikes but he doesnt even have the rights on those now with Rose, Bennett, Williams and Windsor muscling in. Would love to support him and believe in him fully but i just dont see "it" in him.

Regards Edwards, he has the skill running with the ball which is great , but his passing/ distribution is pretty poor and he overcooks it more often than not.  Improvements in this could come in time and come with playing regularly in a position with constant partners around him to build understanding.  More hopeful with him but not sure i or we have the time and patience to wait.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 281 - 281
29 Pages Prev ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Newport match thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.