Private Message
aldi_01
December 5, 2020, 10:56pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Literally the same sound bite every game...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 20
moosey_club
December 5, 2020, 11:07pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,142
Gold Stars: 220
Realistic at least.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWL
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 20
Heisenberg
December 5, 2020, 11:30pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +9 / -1
Approval: +4,809
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from aldi_01
Literally the same sound bite every game...

Yeah, we get it, you don’t like him, change the friggin’ record.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 20
HertsGTFC
December 5, 2020, 11:38pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.23
Rep Score: +29 / -8
Approval: +22,630
Gold Stars: 217
“Prepared to make it yours” says it all about the application of our players regardless of what the manager or board do or don’t do.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 20
Lincs Iron man
December 6, 2020, 1:24am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.05
Rep Score: +0 / -5
Approval: -577
I think he's doing a grand job chaps

Can't beat an old man manager with old skool tactics
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 20
aldi_01
December 6, 2020, 7:39am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.04
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from Heisenberg

Yeah, we get it, you don’t like him, change the friggin’ record.

Wasn’t actually a dig at Holloway, more a dig at the fact we get the same sound bite because we make the same mistakes...listening to Holloway now I’m beginning to think he’s realised that he’s made a mistake coming here...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 20
Boris Johnson
December 6, 2020, 8:56am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
Stopped listening to this clown months ago.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 20
Ruston AT
December 6, 2020, 9:15am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +397
Gold Stars: 9

I agree with most of IH's response, if we had a finisher we would have walked that match last night.

Hanson is not the answer, he can hold the ball up but it appears that he doesn't fancy the fight.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 20
Ruston AT
December 6, 2020, 9:16am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.12
Approval: +397

I agree with most of IH's response, if we had a finisher we would have walked that match last night.

Hanson is not the answer, he can hold the ball up but it appears that he doesn't fancy the fight.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 20
Ipswin
December 6, 2020, 9:53am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Quoted from Lincs Iron man
I think he's doing a grand job chaps

Can't beat an old man manager with old skool tactics

All our opponents seem able to do it quite easily, well most of them , shame you won't

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 20
Ipswin
December 6, 2020, 10:44am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Was a bit disappointed at the comments of our own champion bullshitter Holloway.

His criticism was a bit over the top I thought. Yes the defence made two glaring mistakes but then that's happened in virtually every game (5 of 'em at Tranmere) and the strikers missed a lorry load of chances but overall I thought it was a promising performance against a team unbeaten at home

For weeks Holloway has been bleating on about not making chances and not having the confidence to have a pop at goal. Last night we could have had 4 or 5 given a little more thought and timing but in the last quarter of the game we fairly battered them instead of just losing possession or passing it across and backwards

Defence-wise yes, their goals were glaring defensive errors (so was ours incidentally and without errors every game finishes 0-0) but but last nights overall performance justified a more positive view from the manager rather than what I took as a more than usual critical one

New excuse tonight though, the training pitches were flooded, no doubt he'll use that a few times especially if the vaccine takes his Covid excuse away.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 20
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
December 6, 2020, 10:49am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Given the possession Town has had in recent games and the number of shots yesterday plus the pressure at the end, the defence should have been able to make another 2 terrible mistakes while we won comfortably. Exaggeration, yes but the bigger problem is that we cannot buy a goal. We are so desperate we pine for a half fit striker to hobble around up front.

Ollie makes mistakes but this is the biggest one by far. A bunch of youngsters tried at random to see if they can discover where the goal is. We keep saying we need a striker. We don’t necessarily mean a 20 a season bloke. We mean somebody experienced enough to hold a forward line together and make space for others to play. That takes the weight off the defence. The  best play last season was with Clark. Think back to Lump and what he did for the side without prolific scoring, likewise Woods, Wymark, Birtles .......  

That is priority number one in my book for January. Get rid of 3 to sign one if need be.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 20
Henryscat
December 6, 2020, 11:05am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Approval: +1,395
Anyone else think he’s drunk off with Hanson’s “character”?

Panic on the streets of Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 20
fishboyUTM
December 6, 2020, 11:23am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,046
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from Ruston AT

Think thats unfair. Isn't his fault he is 33 and is finished. He shouldn't have been signed as his injury record at Wimbledon suggested he was in decline. We give two year deals to players like this, and Matt Green (who has never let us down, but his 34 year old legs are letting him down) yet allow young brilliant players like Charles Vernam to leave on free transfers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 20
December 6, 2020, 11:28am
Guest User
Quoted from fishboyUTM

Think thats unfair. Isn't his fault he is 33 and is finished. He shouldn't have been signed as his injury record at Wimbledon suggested he was in decline. We give two year deals to players like this, and Matt Green (who has never let us down, but his 34 year old legs are letting him down) yet allow young brilliant players like Charles Vernam to leave on free transfers.

Wrong yet again, he chose to leave for a club in League 1 on higher wages.

Reply: 15 - 20
ginnywings
December 6, 2020, 11:43am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.05
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +55,972
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from 123614

Wrong yet again, he chose to leave for a club in League 1 on higher wages.

We had a 1 year extension that we didn't trigger, so yeah, we let him leave.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 20
devs
December 6, 2020, 1:21pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.16
Rep Score: +6 / -2
Approval: +1,960
Gold Stars: 30
Simple
Mistakes both ends are killing us
Consistent bad finishing is as bad as not marking properly

Box to box is fine - only problem you don't get any points for that

Not lethal/clinical enough of the time

I don't expect perfection or near perfection just consistently good defending and finishing

If it doesn't improve we are in big trouble - much if what we do is good but at both ends we are crap!

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 20
BottesfordMariner
December 6, 2020, 2:52pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.15
Rep Score: +13 / -2
Approval: +1,312
I have been very critical of Holloway in recent weeks. I have not been impressed with his team or his same old excuse ridden interviews.

But I think that was a very honest assessment by him . Didnt even mention Covid once.

To be fair there were some positives to take out of the performance but again we end up with nothing and now it looks like we are in for a relegation battle.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 20
FishOutOfWater
December 7, 2020, 12:35am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.15
Rep Score: +52 / -7
Approval: +6,564
Gold Stars: 37
Quoted from Ipswin
Was a bit disappointed at the comments of our own champion bullshitter Holloway.

His criticism was a bit over the top I thought. Yes the defence made two glaring mistakes but then that's happened in virtually every game (5 of 'em at Tranmere) and the strikers missed a lorry load of chances but overall I thought it was a promising performance against a team unbeaten at home

For weeks Holloway has been bleating on about not making chances and not having the confidence to have a pop at goal. Last night we could have had 4 or 5 given a little more thought and timing but in the last quarter of the game we fairly battered them instead of just losing possession or passing it across and backwards

Defence-wise yes, their goals were glaring defensive errors (so was ours incidentally and without errors every game finishes 0-0) but but last nights overall performance justified a more positive view from the manager rather than what I took as a more than usual critical one

New excuse tonight though, the training pitches were flooded, no doubt he'll use that a few times especially if the vaccine takes his Covid excuse away.

It's called Cheapside for a reason methinks....  

Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 19 - 20
diehardmariner
December 7, 2020, 10:36am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +35 / -7
Approval: +17,086
Gold Stars: 518
Incredibly honest assessment from Holloway.  Marked difference from earlier in the season when he was defending the players to a hilt.  

Comments about Hanson were telling.  Quite clearly annoyed with the player, thought he pulled it back a bit to make it about the situation but I think he's done in with him and can't wait to get rid.
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 20
3 Pages 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 'Terrible mistakes'

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.