7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
TownSNAFU5
December 4, 2020, 10:49am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +30 / -21
Approval: +6,860
Gold Stars: 42
The bailout benefits all Div 2 clubs and reduces the chance of a club going bust this season.  At present, it looks like Southend in the bottom 2 plus one other club...............given our league position arguably the bailout slightly increases our risk of finishing in the bottom 2.

The new capital has to be used to strengthen the team wisely and effectively. We cannot simply survive and look at next season. The risks are too great.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 64
grimsby pete
December 4, 2020, 11:07am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
I don't think the grant can be used to buy players

But

If Ollie's puts in his 100,000 and Fenty  matches it we could get 2 or 3 decent players in.

What am I saying If Fenty matches it ?????

Of course he will he loves our club right ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 64
ginnywings
December 4, 2020, 11:12am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Feels like society in general this bailout. The extremely wealthy 1 per cent deciding who among the poorest is the most deserving of the crumbs from the table.

As for the rainy day fund that JF has in place; I'm sure they would say that due to their financial prudence, we are not in imminent danger of going under, so it is not yet needed. Think they will also argue that we have spent our allotted budget on players, as per the new rules and any further signings will be on a one in one out basis. It remains for the fans to consider whether their strategy is the correct one. Most probably think they got it wrong again.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 64
grimsby pete
December 4, 2020, 11:19am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
Quoted from ginnywings
Feels like society in general this bailout. The extremely wealthy 1 per cent deciding who among the poorest is the most deserving of the crumbs from the table.

As for the rainy day fund that JF has in place; I'm sure they would say that due to their financial prudence, we are not in imminent danger of going under, so it is not yet needed. Think they will also argue that we have spent our allotted budget on players, as per the new rules and any further signings will be on a one in one out basis. It remains for the fans to consider whether their strategy is the correct one. Most probably think they got it wrong again.

We are going to buy a striker who is a proven goal scored Ginny or end up with another crock or is unproven at this level.

I doubt that we will though when was the last time we paid money for a player ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 64
Zmariner
December 4, 2020, 11:25am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,115
Gold Stars: 44
I would start with a more mobile experienced centre half
I would then move the captaincy away from the goalkeeper. I know we are very very poor at scoring we also conceding plenty at the moment. My priority would be to shore this up and make us very very difficult to beat. At the moment we are easy pickings for the better teams. If we have to play a defensive game against teams like Exeter then so be it
I think this is why we are better suited to playing away from home with the expectations on attacking are much lower. When the onus is to push forward at home this shows our inadequacies and we are picked off very easily. Utm
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 64
rancido
December 4, 2020, 12:07pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,533
Gold Stars: 96
I get the impression that the grant money cannot be used to buy new players, certainly not expensive ones.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 64
MuddyWaters
December 4, 2020, 12:20pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from rancido
I get the impression that the grant money cannot be used to buy new players, certainly not expensive ones.

One of the Premier League's grant conditions is that L1 and L2 only make free transfer signings in the January window.
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 64
Swansea_Mariner
December 4, 2020, 12:51pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,430
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from MuddyWaters

One of the Premier League's grant conditions is that L1 and L2 only make free transfer signings in the January window.

I think thsts a totally fair condition, this money is supposed to pay the everyday bills not line player and agent pockets through signing on fees
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 64
louth_in_the_south
December 4, 2020, 1:52pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.69
Rep Score: +24 / -12
Approval: +5,656
Gold Stars: 94
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner

I think thsts a totally fair condition, this money is supposed to pay the everyday bills not line player and agent pockets through signing on fees

Oh the irony that the PL don’t want that to happen.

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 64
BobbyCummingsTackle
December 4, 2020, 3:06pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.54
Rep Score: +8 / -4
Location: Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, stuck in the middle...
Approval: +7,196
Gold Stars: 291
Quoted from louth_in_the_south

Oh the irony that the PL don’t want that to happen.

I think it's even more ironic that they want to limit us to free transfers - tell that to Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City, Everton etc etc

We may have to explain what a free transfer is to some of them...

Miss Scunthorpe. Not a beauty pageant, just sound advice.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 64
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Bailout Agreed

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.