Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › January Transfer Window?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 302 Guests

January Transfer Window?

This thread currently has 7,663 views. Print
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
lew chaterleys lover
December 2, 2020, 6:09pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,659
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from golfer

You don't know what your talking about - why don't you go back to calling the one you normally do.  

Ok. Fenty is the cause of all our problems.

Now, why don't you tell one of your unfunny jokes to even things up?
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 52
rancido
December 2, 2020, 6:24pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.25
Rep Score: +41 / -10
Approval: +6,533
Gold Stars: 96
Quoted from diehardmariner

Ok, bit of in the middle there then.  He hasn't said we can go without income (as I said), nor to the levels you've said about taking necessary steps.  There was a plan for no games, which is probably fair to assume is paycuts and furlough.

On a very basic level we've lost income from various sources, increased it from others and then offset costs.  I would like to know the breakdown of those if I'm honest.  I'm far from saying that this has left us in a good position but as fans who have stumped up the money to help keep the club going, a little more clarity on this would be appreciated.

Purely from a playing side perspective, if we haven't actually slashed at the budget - it brings huge questions into play about the recruitment this summer.

I'm going to presume that the budget will be due for review when the bailout comes in.  

Surviving until next year only covers upto Jan 1st . Surviving until the end of the season is an different scenario.

The Future is Black & White.
"The commonest thing on this planet is not water , as some people believe, but stupidity ". Frank Zappa
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 52
golfer
December 2, 2020, 6:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115

Great coming from somebody who can't spell his lovers name correctly
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 52
Hagrid
December 2, 2020, 7:11pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,391
Gold Stars: 529
Quoted from Bigdog

Forget Hanson. Is it just me that thinks he's not that good when fully fit anyway?

Best striker we’ve got.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 52
mariner91
December 2, 2020, 7:41pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.64
Rep Score: +78 / -11
Approval: +19,580
Gold Stars: 260
Just seen that Tom Pett is currently playing again for Stevenage. Released by Lincoln in the summer, only signed for Stevenage last month. He's no world beater but a hell of a lot better than Morton and Taylor etc. He would have been available until last month and I wouldn't be surprised if other players who are better than ours are still without a club (I'd have taken Pett over almost all our midfield and would still take Grandin over most of them). This begs the question, just how crap is our budget?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 52
MuddyWaters
December 2, 2020, 8:36pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235

Not sure about the jokes but the first bit’s correct. We’ve been on a downward curve since the day he took over and now even the messiah is starting to realise what the problem is.
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 52
lew chaterleys lover
December 2, 2020, 9:21pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,659
Gold Stars: 234
Quoted from MuddyWaters

Not sure about the jokes but the first bit’s correct. We’ve been on a downward curve since the day he took over and now even the messiah is starting to realise what the problem is.

We both agree about our esteemed major shareholder, but what makes you say even Ollie is realising? Has he said something that makes you say that?

One of the most bizarre things of Ollie's tenure so far is how he has heaped praise on the man who has been a disaster for the Mariners, but I think that is one of Ollies quirks - bigging things up too early. Did the same with Moshni and Windsor.

I am still hoping Ollie has got a master plan which involves life after Fenty but that is one of my quirks - a perpetual daydreamer.
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 52
MuddyWaters
December 2, 2020, 10:00pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,208
Gold Stars: 235

We both agree about our esteemed major shareholder, but what makes you say even Ollie is realising? Has he said something that makes you say that?

One of the most bizarre things of Ollie's tenure so far is how he has heaped praise on the man who has been a disaster for the Mariners, but I think that is one of Ollies quirks - bigging things up too early. Did the same with Moshni and Windsor.

I am still hoping Ollie has got a master plan which involves life after Fenty but that is one of my quirks - a perpetual daydreamer.

Being entirely honest, you, I and several others have been extremely sceptical about our future for a long time so I’m a bit surprised that you haven’t noticed the lowering of the bar in terms of both expectations and the ‘well run’ mantra.

There’s no expectation from me. When the chairman is a puppet of the majority shareholder, as was the late Pete Furneaux, there’s no accountability. The manager was buying shares, but hasn’t. As usual with GTFC, it’s all a bit smoke and mirrors.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 52
Hagrid
December 2, 2020, 10:09pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,391
Gold Stars: 529
Exactly this^ smoke and mirrors. Riddle after riddle. Nigh on 2 decades of demise. I’ve seen 1 flipping promotion in 26 years. Obviously didnt attend 98. And one constant denominator. John Sheldon Fenty
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 52
GY1
December 2, 2020, 10:26pm
Snakebite drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.35
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +131
Gold Stars: 1
It seems to me that Ollie took a gamble that didn't pay off. He thought the season would be cut short/cancelled because of Covid. Spent "no" money. Tried to pick up a couple of nuggets from non-league. Blood a few youngsters and hope to sell one, and be in good shape financially for next season. If it had worked he'd have been a hero, but it didn't! He now has to regroup in January and try to get some experience/quality in, but if they still want a Covid clause I doubt he'll do much good, and if not the other players with that clause wont be happy? I'm sure he'll figure it out. Stay tuned!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 52
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › January Transfer Window?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.