Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Wot? No prematch interview?
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 343 Guests

Wot? No prematch interview?

This thread currently has 3,861 views. Print
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
November 30, 2020, 3:42pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +786
Gold Stars: 113
Ive just sat down to have my twice weekly laugh at Ollie's interviews and cant find a link to one anywhere for tomorrows match.

Im thinking he may do one tomorrow morning now, as there is no mention of anyone from the Tellywag going down to Cheapside today.
Logged Offline
Private Message
promotion plaice
November 30, 2020, 4:28pm

Posts Per Day: 3.84
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,961
Gold Stars: 189

It's just come up on the GTFC Official Site  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 14
Grantham_Mariner
November 30, 2020, 4:29pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 0.80
Rep Score: +23 / -1
Approval: +3,152
Gold Stars: 49
Just listen to the last one and insert Exeter for Crawley and ****, (Player) for Ohman. 😃😃😃

If the football is bad you can always watch the gulls.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 14
Teesknees
November 30, 2020, 4:48pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +9 / -2
Approval: +1,596
Gold Stars: 18
I thought he's just complaining again about the same things he did last week, without realising it's the interview prior to Tranmere game! Wish they'd move away from the main road when they interview him, it's so noisy!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 14
monkeyboy
November 30, 2020, 6:41pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.31
Rep Score: +4 / -8
Approval: -174
Gold Stars: 26
He seemed a bit annoyed in the interview to be fair. Not his normal self.

Said fans getting fed up with him talking about covid.
Think he needs to ignore the minority of idiot fans we seem to have and don’t look at social media.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 14
thefish
November 30, 2020, 7:46pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +14 / -1
Approval: +2,267
Gold Stars: 67
Quoted from monkeyboy
He seemed a bit annoyed in the interview to be fair. Not his normal self.

Said fans getting fed up with him talking about covid.
Think he needs to ignore the minority of idiot fans we seem to have and don’t look at social media.

Or stop regularly talking about Covid....
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 14
Tommy
November 30, 2020, 9:06pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,859
Gold Stars: 76
To be fair, they just keep asking him about it too though don't they.

On the interview today (the ifollow one) whoever the interviewer is tries to ask him what he thinks about the upcoming fixture schedule of 2 games a week again. We know what he thinks about it, and they've probably asked him a dozen times already this season. Think of some better questions.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 14
Croxton
November 30, 2020, 11:09pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +2,933
Gold Stars: 31
I think he may be struggling with the hard choices he has to make before the January window. Several references to resilience and sentences ending 'they will be gone'. He clearly wasn't in a mood to chat so best to keep it short.
Not sure why we have to have a video or audio pre match. A brief statement about player availability on twitter etc. would be enough. Post match is a different kettle of fish.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 14
grimsby pete
December 1, 2020, 9:35am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.83
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,753
Gold Stars: 221
He looked a bit drunk  off with all the stupid questions he gets ask every week.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 14
December 1, 2020, 9:47am
Guest User
Quoted from thefish

Or stop regularly talking about Covid....

He never mentioned Covid until the interviewer asked him about it.

Reply: 9 - 14
promotion plaice
December 1, 2020, 9:58am

Quoted from Teesknees
I thought he's just complaining again about the same things he did last week, without realising it's the interview prior to Tranmere game! Wish they'd move away from the main road when they interview him, it's so noisy!

You'd think they would have worked that one out by now wouldn't you, sometimes you can hardly hear what Ollie is saying  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 14
promotion plaice
December 4, 2020, 12:24am

Quoted from Teesknees
Wish they'd move away from the main road when they interview him, it's so noisy!

At last, Ollie's Pre Colchester Press Conference was done inside, probably because it rained all day but far better. You could still hear the traffic noise but it wasn't overpowering like it usually is.

Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 14
arryarryarry
December 4, 2020, 3:13am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +9,938
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from promotion plaice

At last, Ollie's Pre Colchester Press Conference was done inside, probably because it rained all day but far better. You could still hear the traffic noise but it wasn't overpowering like it usually is.

One of his better ones I thought.

A couple of points I picked up. Watching I think the first goal, what the hell was Clifton doing?

Secondly it looks like Max Wright is quite injury prone which is a big shame as I think currently he is a very important player for us, probably because he is such a commited player.
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 14
Tommy
December 4, 2020, 1:32pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,859
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from arryarryarry

One of his better ones I thought.

A couple of points I picked up. Watching I think the first goal, what the hell was Clifton doing?

Secondly it looks like Max Wright is quite injury prone which is a big shame as I think currently he is a very important player for us, probably because he is such a commited player.

I've been thinking the same this week. We don't appear to be able to get more than a couple of games out of him before he breaks down.

I suppose it is common for sprinters or players with explosive movements like that to be more susceptible to muscle injuries. It's just s shame if it's going to plague him throughout his career. Without checking, he must have only played a similar amount of minutes as Hanson this season.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 14
forza ivano
December 4, 2020, 5:33pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.47
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,142
Gold Stars: 265
Think we might get a hurst like' keep us shape' performance tomorrow.
Wonder if he might go with a 5 man midfield  to shore things up .
Also took from the interview that some of the loanees will be going back ,especially as he thinks our youngsters have more to offer
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 14
2 Pages 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Grismby Town Forum - The Fishy GTFC Fishy Boards Archive › Wot? No prematch interview?

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.