lew chaterleys lover
November 29, 2020, 3:50pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,690
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Yeah. Bored of old gits whinging about half-reported news stories.

I actually think this is quite important.

There has to be a line drawn as to what is an acceptable and oft used football cliche, and people objecting to it because it does not fit into their current thinking.

I am sure Steve Thompson, like an awful lot of senior ex-pros, uses colourful language to describe things. So what? Why can't we distinguish between things that are not meant in any way whatsoever to be rude, cruel or against the law, and things that are said in particular walks of life or in a context that means no harm?

The BBC has become a parody of itself, and is fast losing support so this is all grist to the mill for its critics.
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 62
moosey_club
November 29, 2020, 3:57pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,238
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from KingstonMariner

With respect, what has the fact he runs a village pub got to do with the price of fish?

Well if the price goes up it would effect the profit and loss on his fish Friday meal deal.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 62
headingly_mariner
November 29, 2020, 6:25pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,341
Gold Stars: 113
Quoted from Bigdog

I cannot believe in or agree with anything the BBC stands for nowadays. It's a racial profiling, identity politiking, virtue signalling woke joke along with its other tv media outlet chums like CNN, Sky, C4 etc and also the overly powerful big tech giants, all trying to dictate a narrow political narrative to the masses while cancelling any differing or opposing viewpoints. BBC wouldn't even use the word fisherman the other week.. "fisher people" instead as the word fisherman could offend women who fish.. It's getting insane..

The BBC are relentless at making sure they show differing and opposing viewpoints. You only have to watch one episode of Question Time and see the bookings of weirdos and extremists from both sides of the political spectrum. It gives too much airtime to people I personally think it shouldn’t (farage, Tommy Robinson etc) but I suppose it is there to make sure all views are represented.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 62
arryarryarry
November 29, 2020, 6:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from headingly_mariner

The BBC are relentless at making sure they show differing and opposing viewpoints. You only have to watch one episode of Question Time and see the bookings of weirdos and extremists from both sides of the political spectrum. It gives too much airtime to people I personally think it shouldn’t (farage, Tommy Robinson etc) but I suppose it is there to make sure all views are represented.

Said the person who could only pick two names from the right of the political spectrum 😁
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 62
GYinScuntland
November 30, 2020, 2:08am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Stop the world I want to get off.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 62
November 30, 2020, 2:45am
Guest User
Quoted from Bigdog

I cannot believe in or agree with anything the BBC stands for nowadays. It's a racial profiling, identity politiking, virtue signalling woke joke along with its other tv media outlet chums like CNN, Sky, C4 etc and also the overly powerful big tech giants, all trying to dictate a narrow political narrative to the masses while cancelling any differing or opposing viewpoints. BBC wouldn't even use the word fisherman the other week.. "fisher people" instead as the word fisherman could offend women who fish.. It's getting insane..

Agree with all this.

The controversial and divisive critical race theory that is doing wonders in the USA at the moment!! Is worryingly coming into a lot of news outlets, charities, the national trust, museums and even schools over here. We are self destructing.

I can’t remember who, but someone recently said about the ‘fisherperson’ language. “Any women that are actually fisherman. Arent the sort of people that would be offended at being called a fisherman !!” People are getting offended at the possibility that someone else may get offended !

Football is meant to be fun. A distraction from the balderdash of life. By bringing this kind of stuff in at THIS LEVEL of scrutiny is going to ruin the distraction!

The people that want this woke culture in every aspect of our lives, and are willing to force companies to either sack individuals or not use them, should be held to their own ridiculously high ‘morale’ bar.

The hypocrisy is laughable. You have premier league footballer taking a knee for BLM before a game. Whilst wearing branding that currently uses forced slaved labour in other countries !

How many of the BLM protestors were also wearing similar brands with dodgy as intercourse morales. If you are going to try and change how the world speaks and acts, on shaky at best ‘theories’ then you better make sure your house is in order first.  

And with the BBC, the pendulum has swung so far the other way it’s borderline sexist/racist in the other direction.  Victoria Derbyshire introduced Jeremy hunt , with a c instead of an h. Which a) was hilarious. B) probably true. But she went on to apologise and say this isn’t a word I use. It’s a word men usually use.

Now I couldn’t give to felicitations about that. But if a man had said a similar thing about a women. He would lose his job. His income. His reputation. How the intercourse is this progressive.
Reply: 35 - 62
scrumble
November 30, 2020, 9:40am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Rep Score: +12 / -2
Approval: +983
Gold Stars: 10
Other phrases that will now be banned

Couldn't hit a cows bottom with a banjo - promotes  violence towards animals.

Giant killing - derogatory to taller people, also to those of smaller stature as it suggests they aren't worthy of being taken seriously.  

Man of the match - clearly misogynistic

Byddwn ond yn canu pan fyddwn yn pysgota
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 62
ska face
November 30, 2020, 10:47am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,606
Gold Stars: 840
Another 4 pages of the usual cry-babies complaining about another word they’re not allowed to say, is it?

Don’t you bores ever get tired of your victim mentality? It’s a wonder you manage to make it out of bed in the morning.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 62
lew chaterleys lover
November 30, 2020, 10:53am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,690
Gold Stars: 236
I agree with Ska Face.

Anybody using the word handbag should be frog marched to the nearest police station.
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 62
Zmariner
November 30, 2020, 11:08am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,127
Gold Stars: 44
I agree with Ska Face.

Anybody using the word handbag should be frog marched to the nearest police station.

I am sorry but that has offended me as I am a great supporter of frogs.
Truthfully, completely agree this whole terror of using certain words is absolutely and completely pathetic. Some words should never be used and deserve every condemnation. Half of the time with these words it is the ignorance of the user in the historical meaning of these words.For me this is becoming a very sad state of affairs. UTM
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 62
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Handbags

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.