golfer
November 29, 2020, 1:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
The full story is that he has been spoken to before about his choice of language. He then made several comments the other night including the handbags comment but also saying somebody was a drama queen who should wear a skirt. He isn't a BBC employee and hasn't been sacked. He is a freelancer they use and has been told he won't be used in December but will be from January though he needs to further consider his choice of phrase.

The comments don't offend me but I can understand the BBC not wanting him to repeatedly use language that infers women are weaker and more dramatic than men. The media then half report it knowing that it makes great click bait for people who have total meltdowns whilst going on about snowflakes.

I dare say women would agree that they are weaker and more dramatic than men ( other than those on the BBC )
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 62
Rodley Mariner
November 29, 2020, 1:32pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
Yeah a quick look through this thread or the Tranmere match thread should be evidence of the stoic nature of men.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 62
KingstonMariner
November 29, 2020, 2:46pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
The full story is that he has been spoken to before about his choice of language. He then made several comments the other night including the handbags comment but also saying somebody was a drama queen who should wear a skirt. He isn't a BBC employee and hasn't been sacked. He is a freelancer they use and has been told he won't be used in December but will be from January though he needs to further consider his choice of phrase.

The comments don't offend me but I can understand the BBC not wanting him to repeatedly use language that infers women are weaker and more dramatic than men. The media then half report it knowing that it makes great click bait for people who have total meltdowns whilst going on about snowflakes.

Thank you for some facts Rodders.

Isn’t it usually the case that people who jump to use the term ‘snowflake’ are the biggest whiners out there? “Boo hoo! I can’t say what I like any more! I’ve got to think about other people.”

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 62
KingstonMariner
November 29, 2020, 2:48pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

What happened is as stated in the initial post and my post, basically Steve Thompson, who runs a local village pub, just made what we would regard as pretty standard and non offensive adjectives to describe what was going on in the match. Absolutely crazy.

On the BBC don’t understand why they aren’t told to accept advertising and scrap the licence fee. In the old days they always had the cream of commentators, Wolstenhome, Coleman, Dan Maskell, Henry Longhurst, Harry Carpenter, Ted Lowe, John Arlott and Brian Johnson but those days are long gone and with all other channels now showing adverts the fact that the BBC no longer shows them is not an attraction. The Mrs watches Eastenders and other than Would I Lie to You I don’t think we hardly ever watch the damn channel and other than the town football commentary I never listen to their radio channels either.

With respect, what has the fact he runs a village pub got to do with the price of fish?

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 62
Rodley Mariner
November 29, 2020, 2:57pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Thank you for some facts Rodders.

Isn’t it usually the case that people who jump to use the term ‘snowflake’ are the biggest whiners out there? “Boo hoo! I can’t say what I like any more! I’ve got to think about other people.”

Yeah exactly. The minute you saw that he'd been 'sacked for saying handbags' didn't you know that wouldn't be the whole story?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 62
grimps
November 29, 2020, 3:11pm
balderdash
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.79
Rep Score: +21 / -19
Approval: +5,093
Gold Stars: 46
Only Fanny’s like Lincoln fans would complain about something like that .
Let’s face it they was too scared to visit Blundell park for 30 years , I used to quite enjoy the annual excuses why they couldn’t visit Grimsby every year thread on their site
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 62
Lincoln Mariner 56
November 29, 2020, 3:26pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,650
Gold Stars: 72
Quoted from KingstonMariner

With respect, what has the fact he runs a village pub got to do with the price of fish?

F... all but your obviously bored to raise a question about it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 62
KingstonMariner
November 29, 2020, 3:31pm
Meths Drinker

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 62
KingstonMariner
November 29, 2020, 3:34pm
Meths Drinker
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

F... all but your obviously bored to raise a question about it

Yeah. Bored of old gits whinging about half-reported news stories.

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 62
Bigdog
November 29, 2020, 3:47pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.13
Rep Score: +36 / -1
Approval: +11,802
Gold Stars: 162

I cannot believe in or agree with anything the BBC stands for nowadays. It's a racial profiling, identity politiking, virtue signalling woke joke along with its other tv media outlet chums like CNN, Sky, C4 etc and also the overly powerful big tech giants, all trying to dictate a narrow political narrative to the masses while cancelling any differing or opposing viewpoints. BBC wouldn't even use the word fisherman the other week.. "fisher people" instead as the word fisherman could offend women who fish.. It's getting insane..
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 62
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Handbags

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.