7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
golfer
November 28, 2020, 5:57pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.31
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,372
Gold Stars: 111
The phrase  "Exeter have scored " is to be banned for Tuesdays match.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 62
Lincoln Mariner 56
November 28, 2020, 6:09pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,509
Gold Stars: 64
He also described one of the players as a Drama Queen who should be wearing a skirt”.

Unbelievable that he would choose to use such vile and offensive language on the good old BBC, thank the lord BBC. Humberside have a team of professionals who avoid using such profanities πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 62
Zmariner
November 29, 2020, 12:14am
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.17
Rep Score: +8 / -3
Approval: +2,067
Gold Stars: 43
I used to be a huge fan of the BBC But increasingly I find it absolutely sickening.I would half the license fee and make them make huge cuts. I think television tax is outdated and why should we have to go to the trouble of avoiding their services to avoid a penalty. I am happy to pay for another service to listen to Grimsby town and for me that is the only time thing that I use radio Humberside for. UTM
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 62
KingstonMariner
November 29, 2020, 1:05am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Anyone read or heard what actually happened?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 62
Poojah
November 29, 2020, 4:57am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.23
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,153
Gold Stars: 1,489
Quoted from golfer
The phrase  "Exeter have scored " is to be banned for Tuesdays match.

Unfortunately β€œand there’s the goal” remains acceptable.

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 62
Lincoln Mariner 56
November 29, 2020, 10:26am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,509
Gold Stars: 64
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Anyone read or heard what actually happened?

What happened is as stated in the initial post and my post, basically Steve Thompson, who runs a local village pub, just made what we would regard as pretty standard and non offensive adjectives to describe what was going on in the match. Absolutely crazy.

On the BBC don’t understand why they aren’t told to accept advertising and scrap the licence fee. In the old days they always had the cream of commentators, Wolstenhome, Coleman, Dan Maskell, Henry Longhurst, Harry Carpenter, Ted Lowe, John Arlott and Brian Johnson but those days are long gone and with all other channels now showing adverts the fact that the BBC no longer shows them is not an attraction. The Mrs watches Eastenders and other than Would I Lie to You I don’t think we hardly ever watch the damn channel and other than the town football commentary I never listen to their radio channels either.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 62
Rodley Mariner
November 29, 2020, 11:05am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.37
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,215
Gold Stars: 176
The full story is that he has been spoken to before about his choice of language. He then made several comments the other night including the handbags comment but also saying somebody was a drama queen who should wear a skirt. He isn't a BBC employee and hasn't been sacked. He is a freelancer they use and has been told he won't be used in December but will be from January though he needs to further consider his choice of phrase.

The comments don't offend me but I can understand the BBC not wanting him to repeatedly use language that infers women are weaker and more dramatic than men. The media then half report it knowing that it makes great click bait for people who have total meltdowns whilst going on about snowflakes.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 62
lew chaterleys lover
November 29, 2020, 12:06pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,545
Gold Stars: 231
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
The full story is that he has been spoken to before about his choice of language. He then made several comments the other night including the handbags comment but also saying somebody was a drama queen who should wear a skirt. He isn't a BBC employee and hasn't been sacked. He is a freelancer they use and has been told he won't be used in December but will be from January though he needs to further consider his choice of phrase.

The comments don't offend me but I can understand the BBC not wanting him to repeatedly use language that infers women are weaker and more dramatic than men. The media then half report it knowing that it makes great click bait for people who have total meltdowns whilst going on about snowflakes.

I think the argument is why should a 65-year-old ex-player who has been co-commenting on "his" club for years, change his style or choice of language, just because some no mark complained about something which all football fans and relatively normal people would take as acceptable?

There has been a ludicrous line drawn somewhere by God knows who, that has lumped innocuous language into the mix of racist and misogynist hatred, which clearly is not the case here.

Private Message
Reply: 17 - 62
The Yard Dog
November 29, 2020, 12:20pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.43
Rep Score: +14 / -2
Approval: +3,443
Gold Stars: 74
Football black list

The achievements of black people from across the game, including in different areas of Premier League clubs, have been recognised in the annual Football Black List.

The 2020 edition of the initiative that celebrates the most influential black people in the British game includes players such as Manchester United's Marcus Rashford, Crystal Palace's Wilfried Zaha and Aston Villa's Tyrone Mings.

Rashford has made the list because of his campaign work to raise awareness of child food poverty in the United Kingdom. Zaha has been recognised for his efforts to support nurses during the coronavirus pandemic.

"The efforts of Marcus Rashford deserve acclaim alongside the others on the list who go about their business for the good of others," said Rodney Hinds, co-founder of the Football Black List, which is supported by the Premier League.

In the past year there has been a greater focus in football on the issue of racial injustice than ever, with players showing their support for the Black Lives Matter campaign by taking the knee before each Premier League match.

Mings and Watford striker Troy Deeney appear on the list for using their platforms to challenge racial injustice.

"The global Black Lives Matter protests has made the game reflect on its own diversity and relationship with black communities," said Leon Mann, fellow co-founder of the Football Black List.  

"The Football Black List provides a snapshot of the wonderful contribution the black community makes to the national sport.

"We hope it inspires the next generation of black leaders to follow those listed and the initiative helps encourage the football industry to put diversity at the top of the agenda, where it needs to be to make much-needed progress in this area."

Off the pitch, those at Premier League clubs honoured include Marie Gabriel CBE, chair of the West Ham United Foundation, West Ham’s commercial director Nathan Thompson, Tony Whelan, the assistant academy director at Manchester United, Eni Aluko, the sporting director of Aston Villa FC Women, and Jade Morgan, general manager of Leicester City Women.

Would we get away with a White list
The achievements of white people from across the game, including in different areas of Premier League clubs, have been recognised in the annual Football white List.

All achievements regardless of skin colour should be recognised, this is the problem, it them and us (am I allowed to say this).
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 62
coddy60
November 29, 2020, 12:27pm

Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.14
Rep Score: +7 / -16
Approval: +652
Gold Stars: 13
In the words of Stephen Fry...

"It's now very common to hear people say, 'I'm rather offended by that.' As if that gives them certain rights. It's actually nothing more... than a whine. 'I find that offensive.' It has no meaning; it has no purpose; it has no reason to be respected as a phrase. 'I am offended by that.' Well, so flipping what."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 62
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Handbags

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.