Reply: 80 - 122
NorfolkImp
November 26, 2020, 8:18am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +10 / -10
Approval: -493
Gold Stars: 11
The GOAT 🇦🇷 only Messi comes close in my opinion.

RIP

Private Message
Reply: 81 - 122
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 26, 2020, 9:43am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Rodley Mariner

I can't work out if this is serious or some sort of subtle, iron-filings styled tribute. Either way it made me laugh.

Pleased to be of service Rodley!

Take your pick.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 82 - 122
diehardmariner
November 26, 2020, 10:14am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.97
Rep Score: +35 / -7
Approval: +17,063
Gold Stars: 518
Quoted from LH
If you’ve not watched the film you should. Wish I was a few years older so I could have seen him at the time.

Just this.

It'll change your view on him.

Was he wrong to handball against England? Of course.  But then I don't remember many of us fretting too much when Michael Coulson sneaked one in with his hand in the 3-2 win against Bournemouth back in the ill-fated relegation season.  

If you're genuinely happy to see someone die because they handled a football, please seek professional help as this is not healthy.
Private Message
Reply: 83 - 122
KingstonMariner
November 26, 2020, 10:39am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from diehardmariner

Just this.

It'll change your view on him.

Was he wrong to handball against England? Of course.  But then I don't remember many of us fretting too much when Michael Coulson sneaked one in with his hand in the 3-2 win against Bournemouth back in the ill-fated relegation season.  

If you're genuinely happy to see someone die because they handled a football, please seek professional help as this is not healthy.

Not happy. Just not sad. Of all the former pro footballers who have died this year, or of any celebrities who have shuffled off this mortal coil, Maradona is the one I least give a excrement about.  The least deserving of my sorrow.

You could make a case for saying that the blatant cheating by Maradona in that game encouraged the whole cheating culture to grow to the extent that it has reached today. Diego has a hand in the misdeeds of Michael and Thierry. No amount of whataboutism will ever make me say that’s alright then Diego, have that one on us.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 84 - 122
KingstonMariner
November 26, 2020, 10:41am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.12
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

The version where England win Italia 90 isn’t that different to be honest.

The Daily Mail employ lip readers to establish that Gazza’s tears induce pent up desires in Gary Lineker. As Gazza blubbers, Gary turns to Sir Bobby and says, “I really want him”, not “Have a word with him”.

Gary and Gazza elope and set up a string of sh1t bars in Spanish seaside resorts

Steve Hodge and Steve Bull replace the lovestruck Spurs duo in the Final. Hodge. Bull. 1-0. Goals pay the rent and Bull does his share.

Steve Bull signs a lucrative deal to promote British beef in the wake of the BSE scandal. “Bully’s Beef - you’d be mad not to”

Poses with Gummer. Goes mad. Mounts anything with udders, including a surprised Gazza in Linekers Marbella.

England still lose to Sweden at Euro 92, with Bull leading the line in an Umbro straightjacket. Gazza and Gary are watching it unfold in Linekers Torremolinos. Bromance. Darling. Brolin!

Steve Bull and Nigel Farage form a political party. BullKIP

Bull has a fallout with The Guardian (it’s just a red rag to The Bull) and, still upset about Euro 92, sets out to demonise the Swedes

Viking FM is taken off air

Ulrika is imprisoned in a flat pack prison

PM Bull appoints Mike Newell as player manager of England instead of Sven, and Gary and Gazza live happily ever after

Zhang Enhua decides he doesn’t want to leave China for BullKIP’s oppressive, authoritarian regime. Peter Handyside(s) ends up playing over 800 matches for Town and gets awarded a Grimsby ‘s’ in the New Year’s Honours List

I genuinely laughed out loud at that. Neighbours must think I’m off my trolley.

Thank you.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 85 - 122
Ipswin
November 26, 2020, 12:48pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.11
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from NorfolkImp
The GOAT 🇦🇷 only Messi comes close in my opinion.

RIP

The GOAT wouldn't cheat to me he was just a CAB

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 86 - 122
Henryscat
November 26, 2020, 1:02pm
Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,395
To all those calling him a drugs cheat. Yes he tested positive for a banned substance, that substance being ephedrine - similar to what you and I can buy over the counter as Sudafed. Banned yes but hardly performance enhancing, particularly not compared to growth hormones a certain other Argentinian takes.

You have to remember he was blottoed off his skull on charlie most the time and I can’t imagine that made it easier to perform.

Panic on the streets of Carlisle, Dublin, Dundee, Humberside
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 87 - 122
Son of Cod
November 26, 2020, 1:50pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.94
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,322
Gold Stars: 196
He thought he was bigger and better than the game that gifted him his fame. I admire his ability but I have zero respect for anyone who treats the game as their personal property and so shabbily.

I'd counter that by suggesting the game was gifted Maradona, not the other way round.

Loads of people talking about the Asif Kapadia documentary, which is great but as I mentioned earlier, people should also watch the Maradona in Mexico series on Netflix if they haven't. The Kapadia documentary is unbiased and goes into all the seedy, tragic details of his life. The series in Mexico strips all that away though and focuses on when he was in charge of Dorados de Sinaloa in 2018/19. His passion and love for both the game and the squad of players is compelling to watch at times. It's pretty much purely about football. That side of him gets lost in all the coke and mafia stuff and wasn't how he'd have wanted to be remembered. Him playing coked up wasn't the only factor that was working against him, his life was a constant circus so to achieve what he did was phenomenal with everything going on.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 88 - 122
Stadium
November 26, 2020, 5:28pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,913
Gold Stars: 19

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 89 - 122
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Maradona

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.