13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
aldi_01
November 25, 2020, 8:52pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I mean call him a cheat all you want, he did handball it but intercourse me, there were plenty of chances to tackle him, and we forget the other goal he scored, again, because we didn’t get near him.

The statement from Napoli is brilliant and not a single club in the uk would come up with some as poetic and heartfelt as this:

"Everyone is waiting for words from us. But what words could we possibly use for pain as strong as that we are currently experiencing? Now is the time for tears. Later, it will be words."

Brilliant...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 122
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
November 25, 2020, 8:57pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,824
Gold Stars: 553
Quoted from devs

This - and people who reference his cheating take a look at Owen's dive in 2002 World Cup finals v Argentina
Cheating illegitimate???

Or two seconds before Owen losing his balance, Beckham rolling around like a bogey on a finger, clutching his achilles like an extra from Hostel. Owen falls over and Beckham immediately springs up, checks his hair and takes the penalty. Then checks his hair again
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 122
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 25, 2020, 9:11pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
My enduring memory of Maradona is not the handball. That was cheating but it isn’t the sort of cheating that made me despise him. It was in the 1994 World Cup when he ran full tilt towards the camera and there was this horribly distorted face clearly full of some sort of drugs filling the TV screen.  He tested positive shortly after.

He thought he was bigger and better than the game that gifted him his fame. I admire his ability but I have zero respect for anyone who treats the game as their personal property and so shabbily.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 122
ska face
November 25, 2020, 9:21pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,640
Gold Stars: 840
lmao.

The bloke was the greatest player on the planet whilst hopelessly addicted to cocaine and often played completely off his nut. Think that deserves extra credit.
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 122
aldi_01
November 25, 2020, 9:34pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from ska face
lmao.

The bloke was the greatest player on the planet whilst hopelessly addicted to cocaine and often played completely off his nut. Think that deserves extra credit.

Exactly...just watch the film. The dude barely remembers some games...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 122
ginnywings
November 25, 2020, 9:44pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,108
Gold Stars: 548
I'm sure I read sometime in the past that his drug problems started when he was encouraged to take increasingly higher amounts of codeine to mask his injuries and get him on the pitch while at Napoli. The Mafia and betting rings played a big part in his degeneration.

To be as good as he was with minimal training and his lifestyle speaks to what a phenomenally gifted player he was. God knows how good he would have been if he took it seriously.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 122
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
November 25, 2020, 10:03pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.86
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,824
Gold Stars: 553
Quoted from ginnywings
I'm sure I read sometime in the past that his drug problems started when he was encouraged to take increasingly higher amounts of codeine to mask his injuries and get him on the pitch while at Napoli. The Mafia and betting rings played a big part in his degeneration.

To be as good as he was with minimal training and his lifestyle speaks to what a phenomenally gifted player he was. God knows how good he would have been if he took it seriously.

Boca Juniors paid £1m+ for Maradona. £1m+ more than they could afford. They had to try to recoup as much of the costs as they could by playing lucrative friendlies all over the world. Maradona had to be on the pitch, as the star attraction. That was when the painkilling injections started, long before Barcelona or Napoli
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 122
LH
November 25, 2020, 10:08pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,500
Gold Stars: 173
If you’ve not watched the film you should. Wish I was a few years older so I could have seen him at the time.
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 122
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 25, 2020, 10:15pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from LH
If you’ve not watched the film you should. Wish I was a few years older so I could have seen him at the time.

Don’t wish your life away. Nobody is that good!

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 68 - 122
KingstonMariner
November 25, 2020, 10:28pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Just to be clear...

“Druggy, alcoholic, cheating, Argie” football genius = bad

Druggy, alcoholic, cheating, English Prime Minister of the U.K. = good

I think some people have some warped values

My feelings won't be any worse if Bozza went. In fact I'd be happier.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 69 - 122
13 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Maradona

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.