aldi_01
November 25, 2020, 6:16am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Spoilt child syndrome again.

He might not like journos or their approach but the same could be said for him and his football. They’re doing a job as much as him.

I’ve never really listened to post match interviews because they’re always a bit cliche but these have morphed in to something between Brent and Partridge.

Everyone is finding it difficult, that’s just how it is. We got three points, we played well in patches and some players stood up and took the bull by the horns. Praise that, shout about that and get on the bus and enjoy it.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 49
HertsGTFC
November 25, 2020, 7:09am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.27
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,907
Gold Stars: 228
I think he needs to stop the “do you know how hard it is”? narrative and start adding some context to these challenging times. He may start to disengage people if it hasn’t already.

At the moment he’s a football manager “hard” or “difficult” or “unfair” etc.. etc.. in my mind applies to,

- People who have lost loved ones to this.
- Front line workers
- Those who are completely isolated or suffering mentally or lonely.
- People who have relatives in care homes.
- The unemployed
- People on furlough

Yeah his job may be challenging but many people have challenging jobs (and lives) at the moment.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 49
TAGG
November 25, 2020, 7:28am

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,959
Gold Stars: 124
FFS
What the intercourse is he going on about??

Why not just say what a fantastic performance it was, the fight was back and onward and upwards but no it has to be about him again.

He goes on about C19(everyone in the same boat)more than Fenty goes on about ITV Digital ffs

Wish I didn't listen to that it put a bit of a downer on what was a fantastic performance  

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 49
pontoonlew
November 25, 2020, 7:53am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +37 / -15
Approval: +8,981
Gold Stars: 171
Tonduer simply asked him if it was the same for every other club, which it is. I like Ollie and I think he’ll drag this club further than we were when he arrived by the time he leaves but I don’t agree with him on this one. Covid has affected everyone and has nothing to do with why your players got hammered last week.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 49
aldi_01
November 25, 2020, 8:00am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
It’s a football manager thing to find excuses but this is wearing thin.

I guess his ramblings are funny when he’s not your manager but when you’ve just been twatted 5-0, Saturday’s ramblings aren’t funny, last nights was bizarre too.

I understand if he wants to play it down, I mean it was a win at Crawley, we’ll take it, they all count and the goals were decent. Some good performances and at least we’re all a little happier this morning but that interview does put a dampener on it somewhat.

Covid is balderdash, it’s been a right royal pain in the bottom but the woe is me rhetoric is tiresome. There’s literally thousands who have been working throughout or been impacted in hardly a positive way by it (unless you’re a chum of a cabinet member), perhaps he could use his platform for positive, much like when he first arrived etc.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 49
toontown
November 25, 2020, 9:07am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,263
Gold Stars: 70
Bizarre interview that like a few said took the shine off a great win. Slagging off humberside for saying that we've been changing formations - we have Been! Then saying we HAD to do it to match the different formations that are played in this league - well ok then why don't the other teams have to change THEIR formation then?

Saying that journalists don't understand this and that about covid - what we all understand is that it's the same for every team. Pointing that out isn't journalists talking bull****. The difference is in how different teams have managed it.

As for saying scannell couldn't have played like that before cos of not playing for months due to covid - He played like that in the first game of the season! Scarcely heard from again since.

Anyway 3 points and a win and a good and and battling performance - should have talked about that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 49
Mariner Timsky
November 25, 2020, 9:13am

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +5 / 0
Approval: +1,533
Gold Stars: 4
Bizarre indeed! And makes him sound a little bit of a loon the way he carry's on

And what was all that only one and a half hours to train all about?!

Don't quite understand that

Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Stand Up For The Mariners!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 49
Son of Cod
November 25, 2020, 9:14am
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +8 / 0
Approval: +5,328
Gold Stars: 196
Which journalist/commentator is he referring to? People saying JT, but it was Lloyd Griffith and someone else on iFollow/RH last night.

Quoted from pontoonlew
Tonduer simply asked him if it was the same for every other club, which it is. I like Ollie and I think he’ll drag this club further than we were when he arrived by the time he leaves but I don’t agree with him on this one. Covid has affected everyone and has nothing to do with why your players got hammered last week.

Yep, we got hammered last weekend because the entire team spent the entire first half walking around huffing and puffing and feeling sorry for themselves.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 49
GrimRob
November 25, 2020, 9:25am

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,400
Gold Stars: 113
JT's questions are meek and mild. He's not exactly the tabloid press. I think all he asked before the explosion is "isn't it like this for everyone?", which is a reasonable question that IH could have anticipated and had a stock answer prepared for.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 18 - 49
davmariner
November 25, 2020, 9:32am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +37 / -10
Approval: +4,912
Gold Stars: 79
Can we have Ben Davies for future pre and post match interviews please?

Up The Mariners!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 49
5 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Olly after Crawley win

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.