Poojah
November 26, 2020, 11:53pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.24
Rep Score: +76 / -11
Approval: +29,406
Gold Stars: 1,497
Quoted from Squinter

Yes absolutely pathetic idea,  Boris should have waited to see what happens in America 2 weeks after Thanksgiving, watch the cases spike over there,  the same will happen here mid Jan.  

Ahem...

https://www.theguardian.com/wo.....ing-travel-joe-biden

A smooth sea never made a skillful mariner.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 90 - 130
ginnywings
December 3, 2020, 10:43am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,085
Gold Stars: 548
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 91 - 130
Hagrid
December 3, 2020, 11:14am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,327
Gold Stars: 526
Do you think we could be back for the scunny and bradford games? Our cases continue to drop per 100000
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 92 - 130
cmackenzie4
December 3, 2020, 11:19am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 11.27
Rep Score: +130 / -10
Approval: +14,335
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from MuddyWaters
In tomorrow’s Mirror, Marcelo Bielsa has stated fans for all clubs or no clubs. It’s a point I passionately agree with. No club should be benefiting from Covid to the detriment of others.

I totally agree with this OC.

Grimsby and proud!
Private Message
Reply: 93 - 130
LH
December 3, 2020, 11:40am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,461
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from Hagrid
Do you think we could be back for the scunny and bradford games? Our cases continue to drop per 100000

Dropping very nicely at the minute. Continue the trend and helped by growing backbench dissent I can’t see why not.
Private Message
Reply: 94 - 130
diehardmariner
December 3, 2020, 12:09pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,362
Gold Stars: 532
I think it's fair to think we'll be back in for the Scunny and Bradford games, indeed the Oldham and Cambridge games following.

However, with the pending relaxing (both rules and compliance) over Xmas, it's fair to say we'll see another spike in January.  Cambridge (16th Jan) and Stevenage (30th) are the home games in that month.  I'd be surprised if we're not back in some sort of lockdown by the time the next home game (Tranmere, 13th Feb) comes around.   What Tier that will be is anyone's guess...
Private Message
Reply: 95 - 130
Lincoln Mariner 56
December 3, 2020, 2:28pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,599
Gold Stars: 64
Quoted from LH

Dropping very nicely at the minute. Continue the trend and helped by growing backbench dissent I can’t see why not.

Depends on how the Govt review geographical Tiers in the review as both Lincoln and Boston are both still rising so if Greater Lincolnshire is maintained that could scupper things but if they go down to District Council levels to determine tiers things will be much rosier for a number of areas. Daughter is a nurse and she says the hospitals in Lincoln and Boston are both choc a bloc with COVID patients so not looking good for my Christmas Dinner in local village pub!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 96 - 130
LH
December 3, 2020, 2:44pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,461
Gold Stars: 172
Quoted from Lincoln Mariner 56

Depends on how the Govt review geographical Tiers in the review as both Lincoln and Boston are both still rising so if Greater Lincolnshire is maintained that could scupper things but if they go down to District Council levels to determine tiers things will be much rosier for a number of areas. Daughter is a nurse and she says the hospitals in Lincoln and Boston are both choc a bloc with COVID patients so not looking good for my Christmas Dinner in local village pub!!!!!

Exactly why I put the bit about backbench dissent. The countywide restrictions aren’t popular with a large group of Tory MPs so maybe there will be a change on the policy before the review. We’ve had a huge drop off up here since they decided we’d be tier 3 - it’s dropping around 30% a day which will put us well into the 100s per 100k for the next review so I’m pretty hopeful I’ll be back at BP for the derby.
Private Message
Reply: 97 - 130
December 3, 2020, 5:49pm
Guest User
Quoted from NorthLondonMariner
For anyone interested, here is the list of new tiers.

Tier one:​ ​Isle of Wight; Cornwall; Isles of Scilly.

Tier two: ​Cumbria; Liverpool City Region; Warrington and Cheshire; York; North Yorkshire; Worcestershire; Herefordshire; Shropshire and Telford & Wrekin; Rutland; Northamptonshire; Suffolk; Hertfordshire; Cambridgeshire, including Peterborough; Norfolk; Essex, Thurrock and Southend on Sea; Bedfordshire and Milton Keynes; all 32 boroughs of London plus the City of London; East Sussex; West Sussex; Brighton and Hove; Surrey; Reading; Wokingham; Bracknell Forest; Windsor and Maidenhead; West Berkshire; Hampshire (except the Isle of Wight), Portsmouth and Southampton; Buckinghamshire; Oxfordshire; South Somerset, Somerset West and Taunton, Mendip and Sedgemoor; Bath and North East Somerset; Dorset; Bournemouth; Christchurch; Poole; Gloucestershire; Wiltshire and Swindon; Devon.

Tier three:​ Tees Valley Combined Authority: Hartlepool; Middlesbrough; Stockton-on-Tees; Redcar and Cleveland; Darlington; North East Combined Authority: Sunderland; South Tyneside; Gateshead; Newcastle upon Tyne; North Tyneside; County Durham; Northumberland; Greater Manchester; Lancashire; Blackpool; Blackburn with Darwen; The Humber; West Yorkshire; South Yorkshire; Birmingham and Black Country; Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent; Warwickshire, Coventry and Solihull; Derby and Derbyshire; Nottingham and Nottinghamshire; Leicester and Leicestershire; Lincolnshire; Slough (remainder of Berkshire is tier 2: High alert); Kent and Medway; Bristol; South Gloucestershire; North Somerset.

Err, can someone tell me where The Humber is, it certainly is NOT where I live!

Reply: 98 - 130
Hagrid
December 5, 2020, 8:11am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,327
Gold Stars: 526
Cases Continuing to fall, i think it will depend on the whole area personally, Lincoln and Boston still high, ours below 200 per 100000
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 99 - 130
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Crowds to Return

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.