14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Welwynmariner
November 24, 2020, 10:00am

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +337
Gold Stars: 1
I heard the Colchester United owner on the radio this morning saying that their first match after lockdown will be home to Grimsby and he didn't know whether and how many fans would be allowed in. Covid rates in Colchester are quite low at 75 per 100,000 of the population so that may be a possible start.

Mind you now many people turn up at Colchester at the best of times
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 130
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 24, 2020, 10:21am
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.34
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Will there be a draw for ST holders? The losers have to go and see the game live?

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 130
Theimperialcoroner
November 24, 2020, 10:43am

Posts Per Day: 1.05
Rep Score: +47 / -4
Approval: +5,187
Gold Stars: 102
Quoted from Welwynmariner
I heard the Colchester United owner on the radio this morning saying that their first match after lockdown will be home to Grimsby and he didn't know whether and how many fans would be allowed in. Covid rates in Colchester are quite low at 75 per 100,000 of the population so that may be a possible start.

Mind you now many people turn up at Colchester at the best of times

Everyone becomes friends with Pete and Ipswin all of a sudden

Batch, Crombie, Moore K, Wiggington, Cumming, Waters, Bonnyman, Ford, Emson, Drinkell, Whymark. Love you all, You are the reason I'm on here. You've had help from Todd, Handyside, Futcher P, Groves, Mendonca, Macca etc etc etc. Up The Mariners!!!!!!!!!
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 52 - 130
Ipswin
November 24, 2020, 10:56am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Theimperialcoroner

Everyone becomes friends with Pete and Ipswin all of a sudden

At the moment if I were to get a ticket I wouldn't pass it on to friends - enemies maybe but not friends

I think anyone would have to be there on the day as like many clubs they won't know how many ST holders are going to turn up. Anyone trying can use my postcode if asked if the Suffolk tier rating is OK. Essex based exiles should be alright I would have thought. Suffolk and London exiles will depend ont hat fat twit Boris's tier announcement on Thursday.

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 130
LH
November 24, 2020, 11:06am

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,500
Gold Stars: 173
Quoted from GollyGTFC
Grimsby & Cleethorpes both have Tory MPs so you can guarantee NE Lincs will be in a lower tier than they probably should be.

Not sure this will be the case. We went into Tier 2 as a region because they look at stuff like transport links and how many people would move between the two places regularly. We have a direct bus route to Hull and there are hundreds if not thousands who cross the bridge every day into and out if Lincs for work. Lincolnshire being entirely blue won’t save that with the rates.
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 130
LH
November 25, 2020, 10:07pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,500
Gold Stars: 173
Tier decision tomorrow to find out what tier we’re in from Weds but it is reviewed on the 16th. So likely to be tier 3 tomorrow but could drop to tier 2 just in time for Scunny at home with a huge 2000 fans in. Big effort everyone!
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 130
aldi_01
November 26, 2020, 6:16am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
It’ll be interesting to see what ridiculous and draconian measures they attempt to impose on people when they open stadiums...

The contradictions are becoming all the more obvious now.

At least Saturdays will go back to normal...it’s much more fun walking back in the cold, chuntering about how excrement we were rather than just turning the laptop off...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 130
GYinScuntland
November 26, 2020, 6:49am

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from aldi_01
It’ll be interesting to see what ridiculous and draconian measures they attempt to impose on people when they open stadiums...

The contradictions are becoming all the more obvious now.

At least Saturdays will go back to normal...it’s much more fun walking back in the cold, chuntering about how excrement we were rather than just turning the laptop off...

Summed this year up in three sentences.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 130
GollyGTFC
November 26, 2020, 6:49am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +19 / -11
Approval: +5,977
Gold Stars: 356
I heard a news report on Radio X a few days ago that said every EFL club has agreed that any match planned for this coming Tuesday that is due to take place in a tier 1 or 2 area will be put back 24 hours to the Wednesday to allow fans in.

Let’s see which tier Cleethorpes is in and whether GTFC are actually ready to allow fans in on Wednesday if allowed.
Logged Offline
Private Message Skype
Reply: 58 - 130
MuddyWaters
November 26, 2020, 8:46am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,234
Gold Stars: 235
Quoted from GollyGTFC
I heard a news report on Radio X a few days ago that said every EFL club has agreed that any match planned for this coming Tuesday that is due to take place in a tier 1 or 2 area will be put back 24 hours to the Wednesday to allow fans in.

Let’s see which tier Cleethorpes is in and whether GTFC are actually ready to allow fans in on Wednesday if allowed.

Highly unlikely with hospital full which, as I understand, is a major criterion.
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 130
14 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Crowds to Return

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.