December 5, 2020, 2:42pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.49
Rep Score: +21 / -6
Approval: +3,238
Gold Stars: 97
Quoted from Grantham_Mariner
I don't get it?

Colchester allowed 2000 today, but say it's 1000 but are expecting around 800 ?

https://www.cu-fc.com/news/2020/december/grimsby-preview/

I am sure if we were allowed 2000 fans, we would have 2000 at the game.

Maybe that although people want their football back they don't want it under those sterile circumstances.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 130
aldi_01
December 5, 2020, 3:53pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
I think the sterile conditions and the over the top approach to safety will ultimately put folk off.

Whilst I’m sure many will argue the need for the ‘rules’, it’s simply going to take away from the experience. Even though the football is often dire, the day is sometimes much more than that.

The thought of someone telling me when I can and can’t leave a stadium or when I should arrive and so forth seems extremely controlling.

I think there’s also a possibility of tempers boiling over too, those folk who just wanna plough on; those who are obsess with the virus and safety and the stewards, who let’s face it, have locked interpersonal skills in the games before this, can’t see that changing.

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 130
Stadium
December 5, 2020, 5:19pm
Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.78
Rep Score: +6 / 0
Approval: +1,924
Gold Stars: 19
Quoted from aldi_01
I think the sterile conditions and the over the top approach to safety will ultimately put folk off.

Whilst I’m sure many will argue the need for the ‘rules’, it’s simply going to take away from the experience. Even though the football is often dire, the day is sometimes much more than that.

The thought of someone telling me when I can and can’t leave a stadium or when I should arrive and so forth seems extremely controlling.

I think there’s also a possibility of tempers boiling over too, those folk who just wanna plough on; those who are obsess with the virus and safety and the stewards, who let’s face it, have locked interpersonal skills in the games before this, can’t see that changing.

A fair assessment.
Some are desperate to get back in to a ground & others won't be bothered with experience on offer.

“There's nothing wrong with the car except that it's on fire.”- Murray Walker
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 130
headingly_mariner
December 6, 2020, 4:12pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +34 / -21
Approval: +10,342
Gold Stars: 113
I’m not sure the current administration will want us back until they can get more than sth’s in. They won’t make any more money on the gate and the costs will be more.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 130
diehardmariner
December 7, 2020, 10:02am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,544
Gold Stars: 537
Quoted from headingly_mariner
I’m not sure the current administration will want us back until they can get more than sth’s in. They won’t make any more money on the gate and the costs will be more.

Looking at the unrest with the current regime on social media over the weekend, that could be the straw that breaks the camels back.  Personally I think the club will do everything they can to get fans back in.

Encouraging that the Trust are saying plans are already in action.

Regards the Tiers.  I'm really failing to see how we won't be moved into Tier 2.  All the numbers are heading in the right direction, the laws are going to be relaxed at Christmas (rightly or wrongly) and arguably most importantly, in this context, the Government are facing internal rebellion over the current restrictions.  Not at all convinced the review will be completely led by the science or numbers, but more Boris and his mob trying to save their skin.  They're already taking a battering over this and the pending failure to secure a Brexit deal in time will add even more pressure on them.
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 130
ginnywings
December 7, 2020, 11:46am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,109
Gold Stars: 548
The only place where crowds are allowed to return en masse, is anywhere that sells Christmas tat. Nottingham outdoor market for instance. What did they think would happen? Massive crowds gathered in London and all the big cities at the weekend, but controlled football matches- no sir, too dangerous.

We are now in tier 3 but there are more people about than ever. Meggies was rammed yesterday. It's ridiculous.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 130
Hagrid
December 7, 2020, 1:15pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,384
Gold Stars: 532
Towns rammed too Ginny. I still have to work and work in town and im amazed at how busy it is. I dont get it
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 130
Croxton
December 7, 2020, 1:41pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from Hagrid
Towns rammed too Ginny. I still have to work and work in town and im amazed at how busy it is. I dont get it

Did anyone see the scenes outside Harrods? Neither Ministers or media prepared to call out the selfish behaviour of the younger demographics. Very few masks, crowded together and refusing to move when asked. Why have we given 5 days freedom to the infantile, materialistic, dumbed down hordes to superspread the virus? I don't get the Hollywood white Xmas dependency at the best of times but Boris thought he had to give a mental health boost to the plebs I guess. Personal responsibility went down the toilet years ago to be replaced by entitlement run riot. The heroes working solidly to get us through this will barely get a break at all.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 117 - 130
pen penfras
December 7, 2020, 3:31pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Croxton

Did anyone see the scenes outside Harrods? Neither Ministers or media prepared to call out the selfish behaviour of the younger demographics. Very few masks, crowded together and refusing to move when asked. Why have we given 5 days freedom to the infantile, materialistic, dumbed down hordes to superspread the virus? I don't get the Hollywood white Xmas dependency at the best of times but Boris thought he had to give a mental health boost to the plebs I guess. Personal responsibility went down the toilet years ago to be replaced by entitlement run riot. The heroes working solidly to get us through this will barely get a break at all.  

I don't know what it's like in Grimsby, but I've been out and about near me a few times during the lockdown for work and the vast majority of the people out in shops were old people. Mostly in places like B&M, B&Q, garden centres and the other "essential" shops that sell non essential things. Buying Christmas tat and just having a day out the house.

It doesn't excuse what younger people are doing, but since the whole lockdown is because old people are at a high risk, it'd be nice if they'd show a bit of adherence to the rules and let those of us with minimal risk get back to our lives.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 118 - 130
Croxton
December 7, 2020, 9:50pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,014
Gold Stars: 33
Quoted from pen penfras

I don't know what it's like in Grimsby, but I've been out and about near me a few times during the lockdown for work and the vast majority of the people out in shops were old people. Mostly in places like B&M, B&Q, garden centres and the other "essential" shops that sell non essential things. Buying Christmas tat and just having a day out the house.

It doesn't excuse what younger people are doing, but since the whole lockdown is because old people are at a high risk, it'd be nice if they'd show a bit of adherence to the rules and let those of us with minimal risk get back to our lives.

'A bit of adherence'? The rules in Tier 3 Sheffield allow me to lawfully visit all of the above. I go on 10 mile hikes over the Peak District with one other person and take garden rubbish to the tip. Tomorrow, my wife and I will celebrate her 70th birthday with a flask of coffee near Stanage Edge. If I was in Cleethorpes I might have a stroll on the beach.

I'm very happy to allow you to get on with your life but don't lecture us 70 plussers. We do wear masks, we don't attend raves and try to avoid hospitals. You appear not to understand the modes of transmission which have led to the spikes in both 'waves' so far. Crowded social contact in hospitality settings, indoor work areas, multi generation living, care homes, school busses on rural to urban routes, hospital wards and non symtomatic workers like yourself unable to access testing.

A great proportion of elderly are self isolating by choice or medical necessity. For every rascal nipping to the garden centre there will be 20 confined to their homes. Middle class retired couples like us have been fortunate to a degree and we have been guilty of a few sly meet ups with grand kids socially distanced with no hugs. There are very few saints in all this but very few of the miscreants have been over 60.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 119 - 130
14 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Crowds to Return

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.