Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › MyTown.
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 16 Guests

MyTown.

This thread currently has 791 views. Print
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
ginnywings
November 22, 2020, 11:42am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Have your say on where funding should be spent here. Already a few mentions of a new stadium.

https://mytown.communities.gov.uk/
Logged Offline
Private Message
KingstonMariner
November 22, 2020, 11:56am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
There’s some interesting ideas on there but is the £25m being so lit between 101 towns or is that £25m each?

The point about not having two under utilised shopping areas (Freemo and Top Town) is a good one but needs thee the government nor the council have got the power to make that happen.

I love the one where the Grimsby accent comes through. “Referb” the town. 😁

Open a kennel was another one.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 8
ginnywings
November 22, 2020, 4:02pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from KingstonMariner
There’s some interesting ideas on there but is the £25m being so lit between 101 towns or is that £25m each?

The point about not having two under utilised shopping areas (Freemo and Top Town) is a good one but needs thee the government nor the council have got the power to make that happen.

I love the one where the Grimsby accent comes through. “Referb” the town. 😁

Open a kennel was another one.

Think it's up to 25m for each town, dependant on the scheme.

There are some underwhelming suggestions in there. Resurfacing the car park at the Country Park being one. Lighting the beach for dog walkers at night being another. Think people need to aspire to bit more than that.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 8
promotion plaice
November 22, 2020, 6:31pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193

I've just made a suggestion on there, mine is the "North Promenade through road" idea.

Feel free to say what a fantastic idea it is in the comments bit  

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 8
KingstonMariner
November 23, 2020, 12:53am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from ginnywings

Think it's up to 25m for each town, dependant on the scheme.

There are some underwhelming suggestions in there. Resurfacing the car park at the Country Park being one. Lighting the beach for dog walkers at night being another. Think people need to aspire to bit more than that.

I can safely say lighting up the beach is nit going to make the shortlist.

Even £25m is not going to go very far. It’s a tough call really on what should be done with it. Ideally it should be spent on something that is going to bring in more revenue to the town. But what?

The home improvements loan idea isn’t bad, but £25m will only reach say 5,000 homes at £5000 a pop. Maybe loan repayments could be recycled back into the scheme to allow more to be done over time. It’d help even more if there was a rule that local workers had to be employed on doing the actual work.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 8
aldi_01
November 26, 2020, 6:31am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Quoted from KingstonMariner

I can safely say lighting up the beach is nit going to make the shortlist.

Even £25m is not going to go very far. It’s a tough call really on what should be done with it. Ideally it should be spent on something that is going to bring in more revenue to the town. But what?

The home improvements loan idea isn’t bad, but £25m will only reach say 5,000 homes at £5000 a pop. Maybe loan repayments could be recycled back into the scheme to allow more to be done over time. It’d help even more if there was a rule that local workers had to be employed on doing the actual work.

I mean, I’m sure this suggestion/promise was made with the right to buy scheme, or there abouts, but we all know what happened there...

It’s interesting what levels of aspiration folk have for the area but also how people value different things.

Lights down the promenade for a handful of dog walkers does little to improve the town or being folk to the area, but it’s a nice idea. Equally, having another shopping area in freemo is a good idea but probably not worthwhile.

As has been said, a develop project that either improves key areas, rejuvenates the area or a new project from scratch which can benefit larger numbers in the community...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 8
Jackal
November 29, 2020, 10:49am
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +211
Gold Stars: 15
Just my 10pence worth.
Use it to help fund  the infrastructure of something a bit more dramatic.
Demolish Freshney place and sell off the land around it which the council owns for housing to create a big revenue stream. Not sure how the shopping centre is structured but they would welcome house building so would be keen to make a profit.
Leave the town hall and lawyers nearby to keep the area from degrading too much.
Use those funds to help build the town stadium as close to the Docks as possible in Freeman street or where the crumbling ice factory is.
Copy Milton Keynes stadium with parking for football and the relocated shops. Along with hotels and sports facilities.
Revamp cross street area of the docks to create bars restaurants fish retailers. ( mini San Francisco. ) we have the business to exploit this in Grimsby.
Create a destination for people. More warehouse shops like B&M bargains should be banned from the plan. It should be big retail at the football ground and individuals on the docks to create character.
Encourage more yachts to make it all attractive.
You must be able to walk from the football ground retail to the docks to encourage people to wander and stay.
Just thinking out loud.
Grimsby councils are always struggling for money. They need to take more drastic action if Grimsby is to stop falling into more ruin.
It’s an ugly looking town at the minute.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 8
Ipswin
November 29, 2020, 6:37pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from promotion plaice

I've just made a suggestion on there, mine is the "North Promenade through road" idea.

Feel free to say what a fantastic idea it is in the comments bit  

Actually I think it is quite brilliant. I would never have thought of it. Solve that stupid derelict dead end at Wonderland creating virtually a clearway thus avoiding the chaos that is High Street, Issacs Hill etc and sorting out Suggitts Lane crossing

Too clever to be considered. Sensible ideas will get nowhere!

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 8
Jackal
November 29, 2020, 11:32pm
Shandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.04
Rep Score: +2 / 0
Approval: +211
Gold Stars: 15
Close the railway from Grimsby and direct the road along the train line from Riby Square. .
We only need one train station in reality.

Before peaks parkway was built we had the perfect opportunity to build a tram system.
It could run on the old line through Holden le clay and Waltham before heading into town so good commuter and shopping route.
It could then split in Grimsby. One route to Cleethorpes along the sea front and the other to the Humber bank using the old line along the Humber bank to immingham.
Sadly too late so pointless post really😊😊
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 8
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › MyTown.

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.