crusty ole pie
November 22, 2020, 11:08am

Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Rep Score: +16 / -1
Approval: +3,334
Gold Stars: 62
Anyone with connections please pass this on

Dear Ian please see the poll on the fishy you have got the support of the vast majority of the fans, but please go back to basics I think you are trying to run before you can walk. Let’s go back to a traditional back
Four and two up front  and stick with it for the time being until your recruitment allows you to bring in players at ease with your ideas.
So this morning all this talk of walking give your head a shake pick your best team for Tuesday and provethe12% wrong. Remember even Alex Ferguson got things wrong and took a few heavy defeats.
Up the mighty mariners  
Logged Online
Private Message
KingstonMariner
November 22, 2020, 11:12am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.09
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
And if he’s still reading..... stop using Covid as an excuse. It makes it look like you’re trying to pull the wool (in a particularly incompetent manner). It won’t wash. The Covid excuse that is. Not the wool. 😆

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 1 - 33
MuddyWaters
November 22, 2020, 11:22am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,174
Gold Stars: 233
Quoted from crusty ole pie
Anyone with connections please pass this on

Dear Ian please see the poll on the fishy you have got the support of the vast majority of the fans, but please go back to basics I think you are trying to run before you can walk. Let’s go back to a traditional back
Four and two up front  and stick with it for the time being until your recruitment allows you to bring in players at ease with your ideas.
So this morning all this talk of walking give your head a shake pick your best team for Tuesday and provethe12% wrong. Remember even Alex Ferguson got things wrong and took a few heavy defeats.
Up the mighty mariners  

Think you have to accept that building a squad with limited quality is the major reason we’re in this mess. It goes back to limited ambition.
Private Message
Reply: 2 - 33
grimsby pete
November 22, 2020, 11:29am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
Ollie you are the best thing to happen at our club for a long time.

You don't need telling your recruitment was wrong but understandable as you have not managed at such a low level with little or no money.

Use the next window to get rid as many as you can who are not performing and bring in more quality and less quantity .
The fans are right behind you and I am sure you will make a success of this project.

We the fans are are fed up of managers coming and going so stay and leave a legacy you will be proud of.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 3 - 33
MuddyWaters
November 22, 2020, 11:35am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.60
Rep Score: +48 / -24
Approval: +32,174
Gold Stars: 233
Quoted from grimsby pete
Ollie you are the best thing to happen at our club for a long time.

You don't need telling your recruitment was wrong but understandable as you have not managed at such a low level with little or no money.

Use the next window to get rid as many as you can who are not performing and bring in more quality and less quantity .
The fans are right behind you and I am sure you will make a success of this project.

We the fans are are fed up of managers coming and going so stay and leave a legacy you will be proud of.

Sorry Pete, but while we agree that we don’t need a managerial change, we must change the mentality. This ethos of satisfaction at League survival is tearing away at the fans. When fans are allowed back in, who is going to want to watch this dross?
Private Message
Reply: 4 - 33
oochiad
November 22, 2020, 12:37pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Rep Score: +9 / -3
Approval: +3,675
Gold Stars: 27
If you are reading this forum Ian then please don’t. Sign out immediately.......I’ve written a letter of support to you via the GTFC website. UTM!
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 5 - 33
KingstonMariner
November 22, 2020, 1:02pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.09
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from oochiad
If you are reading this forum Ian then please don’t. Sign out immediately.......I’ve written a letter of support to you via the GTFC website. UTM!

Why not take him an apple?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 6 - 33
golfer
November 22, 2020, 1:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,411
Gold Stars: 114
Sir,   " They know not what they do ". If you want sound advice please give me a ring and i will be pleased to pass on my experience. P.S.  Not on Tuesdays or Saturdays as I have started to go fishing all day until midnight.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 7 - 33
arryarryarry
November 22, 2020, 2:06pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,063
Gold Stars: 116
Quoted from MuddyWaters

When fans are allowed back in, who is going to want to watch this dross?

A very good question, despite all the arguments, should he stay, should he go, it's all the fault of Fenty, Covid, JT etc  who would pay to watch the current squad and performances.

If changes aren't made soon one way or another then it might not matter on attendances being limited.
Private Message
Reply: 8 - 33
Davec
November 22, 2020, 2:14pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 42
im seeing on here and on Facebook people saying they have emailed a personal message for Ollie.

Get a flipping grip will you, was you emailing the club with a personal message for Hurst Bignot Slade and Jolley?

I am not screaming for Holloway's head but why do grown men need to run to their keyboard and email a letter of admitration to Ollie? that is what little kids do not grown men.

act your age.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 9 - 33
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › F.a.o. Ian Holloway

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.