Swansea_Mariner
November 21, 2020, 6:30pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
Quoted from IlkleyMariner
Don’t think we should treat Ollie like an idiot. It’s not working at present but we should have confidence that he will turn it, albeit slowe than any of us want

This in spades, he clearly knows it's not working and is looking to address this. Fair play to him I say he's fronting up, not hiding and most importantly acting decisively. I still have confidence he will get it right.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 70
psgmariner
November 21, 2020, 6:38pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.69
Rep Score: +39 / -15
Approval: +5,480
Gold Stars: 33
Did Ohman ever score first?

Private Message
Reply: 21 - 70
Ipswin
November 21, 2020, 6:39pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89

Im just wondering how many other teams will have a mid season clear out of all the wheat and chaff signed for this season.

Possibly and we'll probably sign them

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 70
Teestogreen
November 21, 2020, 6:42pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 22
Does Ollie think the fans are idiots? They (in the main) certainly are not.
I feel slightly sorry for the goalkeeper / back 4 as it does seem they are being told to play out from the back - because the midfield / front personnel are not very good - and changes are being made in those areas nearly every game. It seems there is no confidence in the ability of the personnel playing in those areas.
People in the back four goalkeeper positions are proving that they are not skilful enough to play out from the back - mistakes costing goals every match.
This has - to me - become a management issue - in terms of enforcing hoofball out of defence. Don’t like it - but I think that’s where we are.

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 70
Madeleymariner
November 21, 2020, 6:50pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.01
Rep Score: +23 / -15
Approval: +3,050
Gold Stars: 49
Agree, anotrher goal today as Macca fails with a 25yrd chip to our left back leading to a corner then goal. The guy cant pass a ball so why play in that style.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 70
WayneBurnettsJockstrap
November 21, 2020, 7:30pm

Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.77
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: +834
Gold Stars: 117
After todays debarcle maybe Ollie has threatened every last one of his players that he would get rid of them in the blink of an eye if they continually fail to play any better than a Sunday league team on the Ploggers.

If their professional career is at risk, maybe......just maybe......they may buck their ideas up.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 70
mimma
November 21, 2020, 7:36pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.44
Rep Score: +15 / -2
Approval: +5,564
Gold Stars: 78
Do you change the way you want to play to accommodate your keeper, or do you change the keeper for one that can play how you want him to?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 70
KingstonMariner
November 21, 2020, 8:15pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.07
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from mimma
Do you change the way you want to play to accommodate your keeper, or do you change the keeper for one that can play how you want him to?

Not much we can do about the second option until January

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 70
ginnywings
November 21, 2020, 9:00pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.03
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,101
Gold Stars: 548
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Not much we can do about the second option until January

Plenty of free agents out there. Covid could work in our favour here.  

Not fussed at losing either of these two if I'm honest.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 70
Lincoln Mariner 56
November 21, 2020, 10:43pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +23 / -4
Approval: +7,685
Gold Stars: 73
Quoted from ginnywings

Plenty of free agents out there. Covid could work in our favour here.  

Not fussed at losing either of these two if I'm honest.

I agree also believe, like others have said that Ohman probably wants to return to Sweden and get himself sorted for the start of their season. He will need replaced with ideally an experienced centre back.

Unfortunately, for the lads signed from non- league on one year contracts I can see their stay at the club being all too brief and two or three will move on without ever getting a chance to show their worth. I would also return Gomis, Morton and Bennett, if agreements allow and if funds available pay off Green.

Whilst a Hanson replacement is also a must the real requirement is in midfield as we seem to be outplayed in this area every week. Ridiculous to be talking like this after a dozen games but mistakes have been made, appear to have been accepted and now must be corrected so any new players are here at the start of January. Only stumbling block may be the £1.5m salary cap not sure how paying up players and signing new ones works in relation to this.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 70
8 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › 2 Trimmed

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.