7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Hagrid
November 21, 2020, 11:03am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,988
Gold Stars: 508
Dont know why anyone thinks Matt Green will go? He’s started the most games out of any of our strikers.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 60 - 67
louth_in_the_south
November 21, 2020, 11:30am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.68
Rep Score: +22 / -13
Approval: +5,552
Gold Stars: 94
The young lads from non league should be given a season to get used to pro football. They’ve all had a massive step up in standard and deserve a fair crack . We’ve all been saying for years that we need to be finding young talent instead of getting players on their downward spiral . Players like Moshni are the ones I’d be booting down the road

Lower F5
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 61 - 67
pontoonlew
November 21, 2020, 11:57am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,721
Gold Stars: 163
Quoted from Hagrid
Dont know why anyone thinks Matt Green will go? He’s started the most games out of any of our strikers.

He’ll be on a decent wage and if we can get rid and free up space for another then we absolutely should. Green is not up to football league standard anymore unfortunately and in all honesty he wasn’t from the day we signed him.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 62 - 67
Hagrid
November 21, 2020, 12:07pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.79
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +19,988
Gold Stars: 508
But ollie rates and plays him. So regardless of what you I or anyone else thinks, i dont see it happening
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 63 - 67
pontoonlew
November 21, 2020, 12:10pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.00
Rep Score: +36 / -15
Approval: +8,721
Gold Stars: 163
Quoted from Hagrid
But ollie rates and plays him. So regardless of what you I or anyone else thinks, i dont see it happening

Does he? Or does he not have any better options? When given the chance he plays Hanson ahead of him and likely Windsor when we have the wide options.

No matter what anybody thinks, 2 goals in 36 league appearances is simply not good enough and it’s not as if the general performances make up for the lack of goals either.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 64 - 67
NorthLondonMariner
November 21, 2020, 12:49pm
Lager Top Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.11
Rep Score: +3 / 0
Approval: +415
Gold Stars: 7
Quoted from diehardmariner
If we offload any of our permanent signings that will require a pay-off.  If we pay-up and effectively release someone now, they can't sign for anyone else until the window opens.  Added to that it's going to be even more difficult than ever to find a club, especially when you're deemed surplus to requirements at a struggling League Two club.  The only way from there is down and clubs in the National League and lower are absolutely dying on their feet.

I would have thought if Holloway hasn't told these players yet it can only be loan players as the mutual termination of a contract is just that, mutual. Surely?

But.....Preston, Edwards, Morton, Taylor, Gomis, Windsor, and Bennett (basically all of our loan players!) are all on season long loans, happy to be corrected on this but I think we can only end the loan in the transfer window.  

Puzzled by this. Can't see any player agreeing to have their contract paid up and we're not able to terminate any loan deals yet.  Don't even think loaning anyone out is an option either, don't think any National League sides would want our players and the levels below have shut down.  

Odd.

For all we know there could be break clauses in the riskier signings (Mohsni, Scannel) contracts? Time will tell I guess.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 65 - 67
Bristol Mariner
November 21, 2020, 12:51pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.26
Rep Score: +11 / -5
Approval: +2,877
Gold Stars: 79
Quoted from Ipswin

John Fenty has done that (even coughed up so we could travel and stay at Wembley FFS) but we then female dog and moan about his 'benign' loans

Maybe because he's presided over the worst 15 years in the club's history?

GTFC Exile, Bristol Mariners
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 66 - 67
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 21, 2020, 1:15pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from Hagrid

How many strikers does he really have to choose from? Most are inexperienced and none show signs yet of being strong enough to be a game by game regular. Green has experience and he has some physical presence. He’s a grown up. He may lack ability but he’s all that Ollie’s got.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 67 - 67
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Squad to be trimmed

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.