Teestogreen
November 20, 2020, 8:00pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 22
The website Transfermarkt.com
values James McKeown at £45000 right now and indicating that his current contract finishes in June 2021.
A valuable asset.

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 50 - 67
moosey_club
November 20, 2020, 8:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,244
Gold Stars: 226
Quoted from chipsandgravy

Life is bouncing all over the place. Football is no different. I decided long ago not to judge this season against others. Only a fool would do that. Things change very quickly and circumstances change too. Never in my lifetime would I have thought that a contract would have a virus clause in it for starters. How we went into this maybe very different to how we come out of it. I have faith.

I am not worried about the season as such , always appreciated it was going to be a weird one....but i am concerned that even in these times,  we are already looking at starting up the merry go round of players YET AGAIN ....we havn't even had a quarter of the league season and we need a "cull" FFS.

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 51 - 67
GrimRob
November 20, 2020, 9:21pm

Posts Per Day: 2.12
Rep Score: +76 / -34
Approval: +13,403
Gold Stars: 113
Have all of the players condemned as not good enough by some been given a fair crack of the whip? Players often take a long time to settle, especially young ones. I am not saying every player will be fantastic given the chance but like any new job, it takes time to find your feet and hardly anyone has had a settled run in the team. I always remember when IH took the job he said he was good at getting the most out of players. Has he done that? Not yet in my eyes but well, it's early days for him too, to use my own logic.

'Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.  
~ Alfred Lord Tennyson

Logged Offline
Site Private Message Skype
Reply: 52 - 67
grimsby pete
November 20, 2020, 9:32pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,797
Gold Stars: 222
I would imagine the players leaving would be the loan players not getting much game time and the experience players who can not get a game.

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 53 - 67
Teestogreen
November 20, 2020, 11:10pm

Champagne Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +10 / -2
Approval: -127
Gold Stars: 22
Apologies - James is committed to Town and will not the playing out short to players in the edge of the box - costing a goal. Isn’t it Ollie ?,
Persevere / nurture Jackson and Gibson. Williams will turn us - quality - as I Windsor.
This is a management exercise and a test of Ollie - I hope he can mould the talent signed into an effective team
UTM

Blundell Park - The Home of Grimsby Town Football Club (still)  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 54 - 67
forza ivano
November 21, 2020, 9:35am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,159
Gold Stars: 265
I could see gomis,  morton and possibly bennett going back p.d.q. wouldn't surprise me if preston went back, supposing that holloway finds a  competent left back who is out of favour somewhere.
If he can sell pollock then all sorts of possibilities are opened up
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 55 - 67
Ipswin
November 21, 2020, 10:11am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from forza ivano

If he can sell pollock then all sorts of possibilities are opened up

Sadly I think that's a
distinct posibility, he's the only one who's worth anything anyway

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 56 - 67
Swansea_Mariner
November 21, 2020, 10:13am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.61
Rep Score: +22 / -3
Approval: +6,443
Gold Stars: 63
Yes Forza I see those three as definite candidates, I would have thought Preston would stay though even if we bring in another left back, unless of course Hope has moved closer to first team readiness.

It did sound from the interview that numbers will come down quite a bit though, so there may be quite a few made available for transfer.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 57 - 67
Northbank Mariner
November 21, 2020, 10:38am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.75
Rep Score: +9 / -9
Approval: +7,446
Gold Stars: 171
Gomis, Sissay, Morton, Jackson, Mohsni, Green I think are definites to be released, either sent back to their respective clubs, released or loaned out dependant on individual circumstances.
Bennett, Preston, Windsor, Edwards and Taylor will be kept, Gibson potentially loaned out.
I do think Holloway eluded to fluffing out the squad due to the shortened season and compressed nature of the games but now with 5 substitutions permitted he can, and rightly so, sort the wheat from the chaff.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 58 - 67
forza ivano
November 21, 2020, 10:45am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,159
Gold Stars: 265
Quoted from Swansea_Mariner
Yes Forza I see those three as definite candidates, I would have thought Preston would stay though even if we bring in another left back, unless of course Hope has moved closer to first team readiness.

It did sound from the interview that numbers will come down quite a bit though, so there may be quite a few made available for transfer.

I'm sure with hope /hewitt/hendrie/idehen/Clifton  any short term emergencies could be covered

Trouble with your last point is; who would take them having failed at GTFC?  People like scannel, mohsni, hanson and green aren't going to get a sideways move at the same money. Also I'd be surprised if he got rid of the young  ex non leaguers after 3 months. Maybe he reduces numbers further by getting Jackson, Sisay and  spokes out on loan to conference or conference north teams?
Ps forgot to say well done to Khouri for his promotion to the first team squad. Looks like holloway has confidence in him, idehen and starbuck following in the footsteps of pollock, Clifton and wright
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 59 - 67
7 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Squad to be trimmed

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.