Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Dominic is leaving the building. Same old Tories
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 20 Guests

Dominic is leaving the building. Same old Tories

This thread currently has 1,948 views. Print
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
forza ivano
November 14, 2020, 5:42pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 2.46
Rep Score: +72 / -20
Approval: +15,128
Gold Stars: 265

I am not sure about the pretend leaving bit. Farage is warming up in the background with his Reform party, and love him or loathe him he will start a civil war in the Tory party if they give ground now.

Dont think theyve got much choice  .apparently since bidens win the Europeans have done the equivalent of sinking back into a nice comfy chair, and settled down with a large cigar and glass of port ,awaiting the uk governments cave in.
Wish I could find a link to matthew Parris article , he guessed exactly what the outcome would be
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 10 - 19
KingstonMariner
November 15, 2020, 12:21am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218

I was thinking more about his domestic arrangements.

Hmm! Hardly a role model there either 😆

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 11 - 19
ginnywings
November 15, 2020, 8:39am

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Seems his domestic arrangements had a part to play in this, with his current squeeze being one of the main factors in DC's departure. Cummings referred to her in a text as 'Princess Nut Nuts'.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/furious-boris-johnson-axed-dominic-23011579

Sounds from the above article that there was a lot of petty squabbling going on behind the scenes, whilst the country went to sh1t. Not very statesmanlike behaviour during a national crisis.

The article also claims that Boris wishes he had fired DC 6 months ago over the Barnard Castle episode. Well no sh1t Sherlock. That changed the attitude of many in the country and was probably as much responsible for the current spike as any other reason in my opinion.

One ace line from the article though, is DC referring to David Davies as 'thick as mince'.  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 12 - 19
promotion plaice
May 26, 2021, 6:29pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193

I see Cummings has now turned against Boris and the Government big time !!!

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 13 - 19
Maringer
May 26, 2021, 6:52pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +60 / -12
Approval: +16,411
Gold Stars: 184
I'm not really digging the whole, "Sorry I was excrement, but did you see what I had to deal with?" vibe of this stuff. Hardly a mea culpa, not that it is meant to be one.

Ultimately, too little too late. We know the government has been utterly excrement throughout the whole affair - a kakistocracy. If Cummings really had anything about him, he'd have done this months ago and we might have avoided another pandemic member up. The delay just allowed them to leave the borders open to India for several weeks too long and things are likely to turn to excrement again because of that.
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 14 - 19
LH
May 26, 2021, 8:17pm

Posts Per Day: 1.92
Rep Score: +30 / -13
Approval: +18,457
Gold Stars: 172
The seeds that will provide the canopy for the cover-up were planted in the Downing Street garden last year when the attention shy Cummings hosted a press conference to explain why he’d gone to Barnard Castle during the lockdown. The explanation was in the most part ridiculous and it wasn’t believed to be true by a fair proportion of the public. This allows him to be portrayed as someone of questionable integrity and means that anything he said today can and will be discredited by those he has accused. The self-deprecation is his early self-defence
Private Message
Reply: 15 - 19
DB
May 27, 2021, 5:34am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,975
Gold Stars: 386
As you know I'm neither red nor blue. This latest business just shows what a complete and utter shambles our political governance is.

Decades ago there was, and still is, an official secrets act which as far as I understand governments are supposed to sign up to. The Prime Minister made statements, or a Downing Stree spokesman gave the 'official line' and that was it.

Regardless of parties all governments now have more leaks than a colander. They send out a message and if few people complain then they do it, if it's not popular then they don't. What ever happened to doing the best for the country? instead of running a country on whims.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 16 - 19
grimsby pete
May 29, 2021, 12:41am

Exile
Posts Per Day: 9.81
Rep Score: +126 / -28
Approval: +17,781
Gold Stars: 222
The trouble is when a liar at a later date starts to tell you what he knows.

Why should we believe him.

All politicians are the same apart from a handful all out for themselves.

A handful out of 600 mps and double that behind the scenes.

Not good is it ?

Over 36 years living in Suffolk but always a mariner.
                             68 Years following the Town

Life member of Trust

First game   April 1955

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 17 - 19
KingstonMariner
May 29, 2021, 12:56am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Plenty of people believed Cummings when he masterminded the Brexit campaign, and Boris’ election victory.

If he was a liar last year, and if you think he’s lying now, do you think he was being honest in 2016?

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 18 - 19
DB
May 29, 2021, 6:56am
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 15.50
Rep Score: +13 / -13
Approval: +3,975
Gold Stars: 386
Quoted from grimsby pete
The trouble is when a liar at a later date starts to tell you what he knows.

Why should we believe him.

All politicians are the same apart from a handful all out for themselves.

A handful out of 600 mps and double that behind the scenes.

Not good is it ?

Which is why I'm neither Red or Blue.

You can please some of the forumites some of the time but not all the forumites all of the time
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 19 - 19
2 Pages Prev 1 2 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › Dominic is leaving the building. Same old Tories

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.