Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › F A Chairman
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 20 Guests

F A Chairman

This thread currently has 19,588 views. Print
21 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
pen penfras
November 11, 2020, 12:55pm

Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.67
Rep Score: +8 / -9
Approval: -129
Gold Stars: 71
Quoted from Rick12
Well said .The irony of all of this is early humans were all  originally coloured stemming from the rift valley in East Africa. Its only once we started shifting from the mother continent that differing skin tones started to manifest themselves and paler complexions started to occur .

Its why sometimes you have to turn from man to nature for answers. At least there we see things how things once were before man came and damaged the delicate balance of the ecosystem.

None of that is really relevant to the point of what is and isn't socially acceptable. Is calling somebody "coloured" racist? I don't really see how, it's just a word. But then the "N" word is just a word, and we all know that is wrong.

Is referring to South Asians wanting to do jobs with computers racist? Sort of, it's certainly stereotyping them.

Is saying that women don't like the ball being kicked at them hard? Again, it's stereotyping them.

I'm sure most people on here would disagree with being called a rich white man if they went on holiday to the Caribbean. And although it's not inherently offensive, many people that they would place in that category would feel that they really aren't very well off at all when back home.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 40 - 208
lew chaterleys lover
November 11, 2020, 1:08pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,694
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from KingstonMariner
Quite apart from the fact his remarks were offensive*, it shows he just doesn’t care enough about people to have made the effort to change. He’ll have had plenty of opportunities to learn by now being in such a high profile role. If he doesn’t have enough care in these matters, he won’t have a care for what anyone else thinks (including all of us and our interests in the game). Sloppy. Just sloppy.

* if you don’t think “coloured” is offensive, then do people who are not “coloured” have transparent skin FFS?

As for questions like “when was it decided that ‘coloured’ was not an acceptable term to use for black people?” Well I became aware it wasn’t in the 1970s (in Cleethorpes), so people have had plenty of time to get used to the idea.

In any sane world what is offensive about what he said? I say again he was supporting ethnic minority players. Isn't that enough for you? Does he really have to conform to the current vocabulary or else you can put him down as not caring, or racist or anything else you might like to label him?

One day perhaps you will use the "incorrect" term; perhaps when you get a bit older and your mind is not as agile as it once was. In years to come you might use BAME as the correct term only for some frothing at the mouth lefty to berate you 'cos we used that term years ago. Would you think of yourself as racist, or uncaring because you used the wrong word?

I don't know anything about Greg Clarke. He might be the most wonderful person imaginable. He might do a lot of charity work and he may have done more to include minorities in the sport, but nothing matters because he used the wrong word. Its pathetic.  
Private Message
Reply: 41 - 208
lew chaterleys lover
November 11, 2020, 1:11pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.07
Rep Score: +30 / -10
Approval: +10,694
Gold Stars: 236
Quoted from Sir Matt Tease
When will this PC madness end. Every day, it seems, someone else falls foul of the New Censors. They are accused of either offending the diktats of political correctness or are deemed guilty of so-called cultural appropriation (the act of using things from another culture).
Among the most dangerous New Censors are those found in universities — not only politically over-sensitive students but lecturers wedded to this Left-wing ideology. This is another examples of how political correctness has become an obsession in many sections of the metropolitan, Liberal Left. A self-appointed priesthood now ruthlessly polices language and behaviour for any signs of heresy that their diktats state are unacceptable. They have established a code of conduct against ‘crimes’ such as so-called ‘micro-aggressions’ — ‘brief and commonplace daily verbal, behavioural and environmental indignities’ that are said to communicate hostility.
But far from promoting a tolerant society — which is their proclaimed aim — this bullying brand of identity politics simply creates friction between people, as well as discord and suspicion. Crucially, it silences debate — and free speech is undermined and common sense lost. I for one was no fan of this man however if everybody who fails to use the correct terminology is forced to resign our jobless figures in this country will increase exponentially.
By the way, I am from today identifying as female and wish to be addressed as Mrs Tease !

Well said. It's all a nonsense, or a load of old balderdash as I prefer to call it.
Private Message
Reply: 42 - 208
Rick12
November 11, 2020, 1:19pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from pen penfras

None of that is really relevant to the point of what is and isn't socially acceptable. Is calling somebody "coloured" racist? I don't really see how, it's just a word. But then the "N" word is just a word, and we all know that is wrong.

Is referring to South Asians wanting to do jobs with computers racist? Sort of, it's certainly stereotyping them.

Is saying that women don't like the ball being kicked at them hard? Again, it's stereotyping them.

I'm sure most people on here would disagree with being called a rich white man if they went on holiday to the Caribbean. And although it's not inherently offensive, many people that they would place in that category would feel that they really aren't very well off at all when back home.
Yes you cant stereotype as we are all unique people in our own right and should be judged on that .

Ive got a bit of Latin in me and it annoys me when you keep getting some who ignore most of my English roots and just pick up on the small part of me that is Latin and keep  "tarring me with Latin stereotypes " . Crikey even the Queen of England has Spanish, German blood in her  to name but a few.

Going deeper I suppose what experience has taught me in life  without getting too personal is you cant trust noone fully and I have been let down by doctors/teachers in the past. Its sometimes painful and it gravitates you to go further to ask why there is so much injustice in the world. For me Ive found the answers lies in nature.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 43 - 208
Manchester Mariner
November 11, 2020, 1:46pm

Exile
Posts Per Day: 0.51
Rep Score: +11 / -3
Approval: +2,817
Gold Stars: 41
Who could've predicted so many tears being shed for Greg Clarke on the Fishy today?

"Lovelly stuff! not my words but the words of Shakin Stevens."
Private Message
Reply: 44 - 208
Rodley Mariner
November 11, 2020, 1:48pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.36
Rep Score: +63 / -17
Approval: +13,239
Gold Stars: 176
Heart breaks that some middle aged and old white men on the Fishy can no longer thoughtlessly say what they want without being pulled up on it. Puts the struggles of others around the world into some context.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 45 - 208
TAGG
November 11, 2020, 2:14pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.93
Rep Score: +26 / -27
Approval: +2,958
Gold Stars: 124
Quoted from Rodley Mariner
Heart breaks that some middle aged and old white men on the Fishy can no longer thoughtlessly say what they want without being pulled up on it. Puts the struggles of others around the world into some context.

White straight men are the bottom of the group hierarchy especially those over 40 who have not got a university education (i use that word very loosely)

There is a lot of racism and devision in this country now because of neo Marxist groups like BLM and facist mobs like antifa who emply exactly the same tactics of intimidation and violence as the Brown Shirts from 1936 onward.

In his three stints as Grimsby Town manager spanning over 10 years the club was never relegated and he also guided them to three promotions.
Only 14 managers have reached 1,000 matches in charge of a Football League team by 1998 and Buckley is one of them.
GOD
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 46 - 208
Ipswin
November 11, 2020, 2:27pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.10
Rep Score: +44 / -47
Approval: -3,552
Gold Stars: 89
Quoted from Rick12
Yes you cant stereotype as we are all unique people in our own right and should be judged on that .

Ive got a bit of Latin in me and it annoys me when you keep getting some who ignore most of my English roots and just pick up on the small part of me that is Latin and keep  "tarring me with Latin stereotypes " . Crikey even the Queen of England has Spanish, German blood in her  to name but a few.

Yours is a classic example Rick of how similar folk can react quite differently

You get annoyed with people picking up on on your 'Latin' heritage, fair enough, but there are those who would be so proud of it that they would be drunk off if people didn't make mention of it

There are certainly as many black people who want to be constantly recognised as black as there are those who scream racism every time their colour (sorry but there is no other way of saying it) black is, as they see it, unnecessarily mentioned

On bended knee is no way to be free - Peter R de Vries

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse.....=public_profile_post
Private Message
Reply: 47 - 208
Rick12
November 11, 2020, 2:35pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.15
Rep Score: +42 / -3
Approval: +255
Gold Stars: 45
Quoted from Ipswin

Yours is a classic example Rick of how similar folk can react quite differently

You get annoyed with people picking up on on your 'Latin' heritage, fair enough, but there are those who would be so proud of it that they would be drunk off if people didn't make mention of it

There are certainly as many black people who want to be constantly recognised as black as there are those who scream racism every time their colour (sorry but there is no other way of saying it) black is, as they see it, unnecessarily mentioned

Yes Ipswin I suppose its the way its said. Similar to how people you meet in life are . I always judge people on how they are .I get the impression that  a lot of right wingers on here are nice enough as are some on  the left.

Thats the only issue with talking behind a keyboard on the fishy .People can portray a certain agenda/persona  but in real life when your with them  face to face its a different ball game.

One life,one love .
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 48 - 208
ska face
November 11, 2020, 2:36pm

Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.21
Rep Score: +60 / -14
Approval: +21,609
Gold Stars: 840
Greg Clarke, forced to resign by...antifa and university lecturers is it?

That’s it, his career over, and at the tender age of 62 with only a £190,000 a year position as Vice President of FIFA to fall back on.

The radical left will stop at nothing in their pursuit of fully automated luxury gay space communism. I hear Owen Jones is now being touted as the next Chairman of the FA? Disgusting if true.  
Private Message
Reply: 49 - 208
21 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › F A Chairman

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.