Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › F A Chairman
Moderators: Moderator
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 14 Guests

F A Chairman

This thread currently has 19,528 views. Print
21 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
fishboyUTM
November 10, 2020, 9:40pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,070
Gold Stars: 40
Quoted from GollyGTFC
I don’t agree. I do think sometimes too much is placed on what is said rather than what is meant, but in the current climate especially his position was completely untenable.

No it wasn't. The poor bloke loses his career over calling a black player (am I allowed to say that?) coloured? What a load of absolute crap. He also mentioned something about asian people being under represented as they tend to make different career choices (true), and mentioned female goalkeeping isn't of the highest standard (it's crap, anyone can see this) because in general girls don't like the ball being whacked at their head at 100mph (very true I suspect).

I'm sick of this world, it's pathetic. Sky Sports News who are a bunch of virtue signalling arseholes nowadays called black players BAME (a new term, load of shite). The bloke meant no offence at all, even if he had used the wrong word, an apology would surely have sufficed.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 20 - 208
golfer
November 10, 2020, 9:41pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115
Who decides what are the correct words anyway - and who gives them the right to decide ?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 21 - 208
promotion plaice
November 10, 2020, 10:12pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,997
Gold Stars: 193

I haven't got a racist bone in my body but I think this taking the knee thing has run it's course now, fair play to them for doing it though..

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 22 - 208
arryarryarry
November 10, 2020, 10:25pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.71
Rep Score: +26 / -28
Approval: +10,041
Gold Stars: 116
It might be my eyes, they aren't the best, but from where I am standing most so called black people are actually brown
Private Message
Reply: 23 - 208
aldi_01
November 10, 2020, 10:41pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.03
Rep Score: +54 / -20
Approval: +5,679
Gold Stars: 473
Shows once again how out of touch and arrogant people like him can be.

One of the country’s most famous  and recognisable organisations, under scrutiny and he clearly took zero advice from communications experts or did but chose to ignore it.

He can argue his comments link to Americanisms and so forth but his other comments were arguably more offensive and out of touch.

Whether people like it or not, if you make those comments regardless of mistake, ignorance or whatever, you will face a consequence which is entirely understandable. He knew that yet still said those things...

'the poor and the needy are selfish and greedy'...well done Mozza
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 24 - 208
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
November 10, 2020, 11:11pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,805
Gold Stars: 552
Organisations like the FA and BBC will have access to every available diversity training course.

Clarke had either not attended the courses or not been paying attention.

He’s not your average 62 year old who has just been ambushed on Freeman St by a journalist. He is supposed to represent a diverse association with a long standing image problem with regard to ethnicity, gender and inclusion.

You might not like it. You might not agree with it. But just for his stupidity, arrogance and naivety he had to resign.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 25 - 208
KingstonMariner
November 11, 2020, 1:00am
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quite apart from the fact his remarks were offensive*, it shows he just doesn’t care enough about people to have made the effort to change. He’ll have had plenty of opportunities to learn by now being in such a high profile role. If he doesn’t have enough care in these matters, he won’t have a care for what anyone else thinks (including all of us and our interests in the game). Sloppy. Just sloppy.

* if you don’t think “coloured” is offensive, then do people who are not “coloured” have transparent skin FFS?

As for questions like “when was it decided that ‘coloured’ was not an acceptable term to use for black people?” Well I became aware it wasn’t in the 1970s (in Cleethorpes), so people have had plenty of time to get used to the idea.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 26 - 208
Boris Johnson
November 11, 2020, 3:23am
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +2 / -15
Approval: -2,797
Gold Stars: 4
Not bothered what he said, glad he's gone though. excrement at his job.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 27 - 208
Gaffer58
November 11, 2020, 8:01am
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
Did anyone else notice that when the referee whistled to begin the game between Everton and Man U at the weekend as 21 players took the knee Antony Martial of Man U had forgotten what the “ correct” procedure is and raced into the Everton half to begin the attack, he must have gone about 10 yards before he realised his mistake,quickly ran back to his starting position and took the knee, looking very sheepish. No comment made by the commentators, but just imagine if that had been a “white” player, he would have been castigated.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 28 - 208
golfer
November 11, 2020, 8:07am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,418
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from arryarryarry
It might be my eyes, they aren't the best, but from where I am standing most so called black people are actually brown

That is disgustingly racist and you should be flogged until Town score a goal from open play. Shame on you

Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 29 - 208
21 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Non Football › F A Chairman

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.