This thread currently has 15,972 views. Print
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
promotion plaice
November 15, 2020, 9:04pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,999
Gold Stars: 192

Shame we haven't got someone that can take a free-kick tonight and work the keeper.

Grealish does impress me more every time I see him, makes things happen.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 70 - 116
supertown
November 15, 2020, 9:15pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.90
Rep Score: +25 / -9
Approval: +3,440
Gold Stars: 53
England are playing ok, unlucky to be 2 down . Grealish is quality
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 71 - 116
promotion plaice
November 15, 2020, 9:40pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,999
Gold Stars: 192

FT....Belgium 2-0 England

Scoreline a bit harsh on us, Grealish our best player tonight by a country mile.

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 72 - 116
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 15, 2020, 9:51pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from promotion plaice

FT....Belgium 2-0 England

Scoreline a bit harsh on us, Grealish our best player tonight by a country mile.

It is not harsh at all PP, last 2 games in the competition, scored 0 conceded 3. I don’t care how well they keep possession and look good, the fact is that once again in a competition they fall short. Learn how to win is what Southgate needs to do and fast.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 73 - 116
ginnywings
November 15, 2020, 9:59pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,084
Gold Stars: 547
We were arguably the better side. Unfortunately, Belgium were better at the important stuff, namely scoring and defending. We always fall short at the final hurdle.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 74 - 116
Abdul19
November 15, 2020, 10:09pm

Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 3.41
Rep Score: +71 / -26
Approval: +17,496
Gold Stars: 215
Played some nice stuff but Courtois had absolutely nothing to do.

JESUS AT THE CENTRE
Private Message
Reply: 75 - 116
TheRonRaffertyFanClub
November 15, 2020, 10:24pm
Special Brew Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.35
Rep Score: +43 / -11
Approval: +8,658
Gold Stars: 23
Quoted from ginnywings
We were arguably the better side. Unfortunately, Belgium were better at the important stuff, namely scoring and defending. We always fall short at the final hurdle.

Ergo we were not the better side. Ginny. Those funny things with the nets on are there for a reason. We stop them putting the ball in there and we put the ball in at the other end. All the rest is just gloss.

“If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion, mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty."
Private Message
Reply: 76 - 116
ginnywings
November 15, 2020, 10:34pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,084
Gold Stars: 547

Ergo we were not the better side. Ginny. Those funny things with the nets on are there for a reason. We stop them putting the ball in there and we put the ball in at the other end. All the rest is just gloss.

I did say arguably.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 77 - 116
moosey_club
November 15, 2020, 10:37pm
Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.71
Rep Score: +69 / -22
Approval: +20,180
Gold Stars: 224

Were Town playing tonight ?  

2023/24 DLWDDWDLLLWDLLLLWDDDWDLLWLDLLDWDDWLLDWLW
2022/23LDWDWWDWLLDWWDLLLDLWLLWLWLLWDDLDWWDDDLLWDWLWLW
2021/22 WDWWWWDLWWWWLLLWLLDLWLLWWDWWWLWDLWWDWWWDLWD play offs WWW Promoted 🥳
2020/21  LLDWWLDLDWLWLLLDLWLLDLLDLLLWLLLDDDDWDDDLWLWLWL .. hello darkness my old friend
2019/20  WDLDWWLDLWWLLLDLDLDLDDWWDLLWDDWWL WLLW - ended
2018/19  LWDDLLLLLLWWDWLLLWDWLWWWWLLLLWWWWDLLLDDLLDLWLW Hello Scunny  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 78 - 116
diehardmariner
November 16, 2020, 10:37am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.98
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,355
Gold Stars: 529
Same old problem wasn't it really?

A lot of nice play in non-dangerous areas but absolute no killer instinct and sloppiness at the back cost us.  It really was a bit like watching Town!

Grealish without a doubt has played himself into the starting eleven.  Wasn't a fan until a few months back, even last season I wasn't buying in and thought he was show pony.  But he's our only real trump card we've got, someone who's a bit different.  In attack Kane is quality, I don't like how he's become a diver but his ability can't be questioned.  Problem is that he's a marked man.  In the wider areas the likes of Sterling, Sancho, Rashford etc. are all great.  But they're very similar.  Grealish is different.  He's an enigma and in some respects a thrown-back to a proper maverick type.  

Somehow Southgate has to figure out how he can fit him into the side.  I much prefer him coming in off the left but competition is hot there.  Where we don't have any competition or quality is in central midfield.  A lot of toilers but no cutting edge.  Henderson is the only one in there who I think merits a place.  Mount, Rice, Winks....all much about muchness for me.   If you've got Henderson holding, you can afford a more attack minded player in there.  Personally would like to see a front 4 of Grealish, Sterling, Rashford and Kane.  

Don't want to see Eric Dier in an England shirt again though.  Absolute liability and every game gives something away.  I know we're not blessed with rows of talent at centre-back but he's a long way off the best of that bunch in my opinion.
Private Message
Reply: 79 - 116
12 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › England

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.