KingstonMariner
November 19, 2020, 8:11pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from NorthseaMariner
Crikey, didn’t even know we were playing, never saw anything about it until now. Says it all

I’m with you on that. I also look at that list of squad names and think ‘who?’ Probably comes of not watching any premier league games. And all these new formats for between tournaments I just shrug my shoulders and forget about it.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 110 - 116
Heswall Mariner
November 19, 2020, 8:59pm

Fine Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.66
Rep Score: +1 / 0
Approval: +583
Gold Stars: 30
Totally agree this Nations League is a pointless overkill - who really cares, its like the FL Trophy.
We have the Euros & the World Cup qualifier weeks that already screw my my weekends.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 111 - 116
promotion plaice
November 20, 2020, 6:47pm

Posts Per Day: 3.85
Rep Score: +20 / -13
Approval: +16,996
Gold Stars: 193

I see the Ireland manager is fighting for his job and it's not all about their poor form.

It's been revealed he showed his players an anti-British 'propaganda' video featuring the 1916 Easter Rising and the Great Famine before the match with England at Wembley.

In a statement, the FAI said: “The Football Association of Ireland is aware of issues surrounding content shared with our senior men’s team ahead of the recent friendly against England at Wembley Stadium. The FAI is already looking into this matter internally as a matter of urgency to establish the facts. The FAI has no further comment to make at this time.”

When Leeds trainer Les Cocker was once told Norman Hunter had broken a leg, he asked: “Whose is it?”
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 112 - 116
Knut Anders Fosters Voles
November 20, 2020, 7:07pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.87
Rep Score: +24 / -1
Approval: +8,805
Gold Stars: 552
Quoted from promotion plaice

I see the Ireland manager is fighting for his job and it's not all about their poor form.

It's been revealed he showed his players an anti-British 'propaganda' video featuring the 1916 Easter Rising and the Great Famine before the match with England at Wembley.

In a statement, the FAI said: “The Football Association of Ireland is aware of issues surrounding content shared with our senior men’s team ahead of the recent friendly against England at Wembley Stadium. The FAI is already looking into this matter internally as a matter of urgency to establish the facts. The FAI has no further comment to make at this time.”

It seems slightly odd behaviour when one third of the Ireland squad were born and brought up in England
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 113 - 116
Posh Harry
November 21, 2020, 3:28pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.56
Rep Score: +15 / -3
Approval: +4,344
Gold Stars: 34

It seems slightly odd behaviour when one third of the Ireland squad were born and brought up in England

It wouldn’t surprise me if it wasn’t one of them that dobbed him in. To be honest, most of their players seemed completely disinterested in the game and this could be part of the reason why. Sounds like it is going to backfire big style as I wouldn’t be surprised if it costs him his job.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 114 - 116
Gaffer58
November 21, 2020, 3:39pm
Brandy Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Rep Score: +6 / -8
Approval: +4,096
Gold Stars: 31
So would it be perceived as a racial insult?
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 115 - 116
toontown
November 21, 2020, 4:02pm
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.57
Rep Score: +13 / 0
Approval: +6,248
Gold Stars: 70
Quoted from Gaffer58
So would it be perceived as a racial insult?

Well it absolutely would be if the roles were reversed. In fact he would have had to resign as soon as the story broke and it would be front page headlines.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 116 - 116
12 Pages Prev ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › England

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.