6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Croxton
November 21, 2020, 10:05pm
Cocktail Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.75
Rep Score: +14 / -4
Approval: +3,012
Gold Stars: 33
Rose has good moments where he shows his experience and ability to mix short and longer passing. Today, however, he was caught in possession a few times and failed to knit the midfield together with periods of possession.
He should be directing the play and holding his position in front of the CB's, bringing them out to squeeze space in midfield. As soon as the game is stretched, Rose is in danger of running out of gas causing Taylor and Clifton to cover the space.

We were out gunned in midfield by a side who, like Hull, moved well off the ball and passed to feet. Rose and Taylor are useless in the air and were out passed on the deck. Taking Williams off and leaving Gibson and Scannel on made the task even harder for Rose who was shattered in the second half. But for Clifton's energy, it could have been 6/7 nil. Rose has to stay central and build an understanding with Waterfall, Pollock and Macca. Too few players on the same wavelength.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 30 - 54
Tommy
November 21, 2020, 11:11pm
Season Ticket Holder
Posts Per Day: 1.22
Rep Score: +60 / -15
Approval: +8,865
Gold Stars: 76
Quoted from Hagrid

Silly little boy. Find anywhere where i’ve said he’s worth a starting spot. Said he’s best of a bad bunch.     What on earth has Rose done thus far to show anything. I’ll tell you. Nothing. He and the rest, not good enough

Depends if you've watched him in other games before today, or just today where he was absolutely dreadful.

"The greatest mistake you can make in life is to continually be afraid you will make one."
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 31 - 54
Hagrid
November 21, 2020, 11:17pm

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.80
Rep Score: +49 / -21
Approval: +20,386
Gold Stars: 528
Quoted from Tommy

Depends if you've watched him in other games before today, or just today where he was absolutely dreadful.

Ive watched every match this season. But we wont agree so lets leave it
Logged Online
Private Message
Reply: 32 - 54
Davec
November 22, 2020, 10:26am
Whiskey Drinker
Posts Per Day: 1.17
Rep Score: +15 / -10
Approval: +1,440
Gold Stars: 42
Rose seems a decent enough player for this level, I wouldn't say he is a top league 2 midfielder and he certainly isn't the worst midfielder in league 2 this season, but out of Hessenthaler and Rose I do prefer Hessenthaler from what I have seen so far
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 33 - 54
HertsGTFC
November 22, 2020, 10:46am

Barley Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 4.26
Rep Score: +29 / -10
Approval: +22,875
Gold Stars: 227
I’m fairness to Rose he has given the ball away a fair bit but mainly because he’s had to dwell on it too long as the movements around him is so p1ss poor.

Give him a decent mid field partner and some experience ahead of him and he’ll do a decent job for us.

"Crombie you would have got to that if you weren't such a fat ba%$@rd" - George Kerr, inspiration from the dug out 70s style  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 34 - 54
fishboyUTM
November 22, 2020, 1:40pm
Table Wine Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.42
Rep Score: +7 / -3
Approval: +1,070
Gold Stars: 40
He's another player we've signed four years too late.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 35 - 54
golfer
November 22, 2020, 2:14pm
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 2.30
Rep Score: +34 / -18
Approval: +3,419
Gold Stars: 115
Quoted from KingstonMariner

Strange. I always talk sense when I’ve had a few. 😉

Did you stop drinking 5 years ago ?  
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 36 - 54
diehardmariner
November 23, 2020, 10:42am
Vodka Drinker
Posts Per Day: 0.99
Rep Score: +36 / -6
Approval: +17,406
Gold Stars: 532
I really like Rose but, like everyone else, he was garbage on Saturday.

Because of the lack of quality and confidence in the side, his options are very limited when he has the ball.  That's the same for everyone in the side.  With the exception of Edwards, no-one seemed to want the ball and there was an awful lot of hiding behind players or making runs that didn't actually present an option but rather avoided having to come short and show.

When not in possession it's quite clear he's played at a higher level and reads the game very well.  For him to be most effective though he needs either a box-to-box man in there with him or a bit of a playmaker.  Taylor seems to want to do the same job as Rose, but isn't at that level yet.   Now that's probably not  Taylor's fault, you are the type of player you are.  It's down to Holloway to find the right balance in the middle.
Private Message
Reply: 37 - 54
KingstonMariner
November 23, 2020, 1:33pm
Meths Drinker
Posts Per Day: 6.08
Rep Score: +42 / -11
Approval: +23,440
Gold Stars: 218
Quoted from golfer

Did you stop drinking 5 years ago ?  

Cheeky barsteward! I’ll have you know I’m a bona fide lush.

Through the door there came familiar laughter,
I saw your face and heard you call my name.
Oh my friend we're older but no wiser,
For in our hearts the dreams are still the same.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 38 - 54
ginnywings
November 24, 2020, 9:28pm

Recovering Alcoholic
Posts Per Day: 5.04
Rep Score: +88 / -32
Approval: +56,098
Gold Stars: 548
Thought I would bump this thread. Some hilarious opinions of tonight's MOM.
Logged Offline
Private Message
Reply: 39 - 54
6 Pages Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next All Recommend Thread
Print

Fishy Forum Fishy Boards Archive › Rose

Back to top of page

This is not an official forum of Grimsby Town Football Club, the opinions expressed are those of the individual authors. If you see an offensive post then click "Report" on the relevant post. Posts will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators whose decision is final. Posts should abide by the Forum Rules. IP addresses of contributors together with dates and times of access are stored. The opinions and viewpoints expressed by contributors to The Fishy are their own and not necessarily those of The Fishy. The Fishy makes no claims that information dispersed through this forum is accurate or reliable. Also The Fishy cannot be held liable for any statements made by contributors of The Fishy.